Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Don't feel like doing anything

Isthatallthereis March 3rd, 2017

Been doing well for awhile but a few disappointments at work, tons in the news as well as PMS have caused me to just not get out of bed for 3 days, the one time I dragged myself to work late, I basically didn't talk to anyone and vomitted a few times and went home. I can barely write emails "explaining" my absence. I don't feel like eating. I don't feel like talking to anyone. I don't feel like reading. I don't feel like watching TV. I feel like screaming and crying but I feel completely frozen and unable to actually feel this emotion. If I try to meditate or nap it's just an unending loop of what could be wrong with me, what I could be doing, what I should be doing to fix me, etc. Etc. I know barely leaving my room is slowly driving me crazy. I know I've been here before, but if I try to do anything it's just waves of anxiety and feeling frozen (like when I went to work I knew I immediately knew in the elevator I needed to go home but I just kept thinking strangers would know there was something wrong with me if I turned around and went home).

hereigoagain March 11th, 2017

@Isthatallthereis

I've been in similar situations, and it's really tough. It's especially frustrating to crash again when you thought you were getting better, isn't it? And it's much easier said than done, but I think it can help to be accepting of your situation but to still try and do things anyway. Not the bigger challenges (like your work experience), but basic self-care like eating and treating yourself nicely, even if you don't feel like it - because if you don't do that, you'll just spiral down even further. Which is ok if you can't help it, but probably best avoided if you can.

It's been a couple of days since you wrote this, how are you doing now?