Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Histrionic behaviours

SensibleSquare July 22nd, 2018

Hi. I know I'm about to sound like one of those girls we all hated in school. I apologise in advance.

I'm not formally diagnosed as Histrionic, but all of my behaviours indicate the strong possibility of me having the disorder. I find that I have a need for constant attention, and when the focus shifts off of me even just for a second, I go crazy. When I was younger, I would pretend like I was sick or injured when I wasnt receiving the attention I thought I needed, and sometimes I would break things or do something to get in trouble.

Now that I'm older, I dont usually go to such drastic measures. Instead I do things like wear provocative outfits or dance/act sexually. Many times when I'm out places and I feel like im not the center of attention, I end up storming out and pouting, or I'll swear that I wont ever return and blame the others for not focusing enough on me.

Of course, when I receive the attention i need, the behaviour is quelled and I dont act like a brat.

A lot of people have become annoyed with me for these behaviours, and I've lost some friends in the process, but I dont know how to stop myself. Any tips besides therapy?

Much appreciated, xx

SensibleSquare OP July 22nd, 2018

@SensibleSquare One more thing to note; I tend to over-exaggerate situations and make them sound more dramatic/worse than what they really were, all for the sake of receiving attention

miichiie August 20th, 2021

interesting. if i may ask, do you remember how you felt when you were seeking attention by acting sick. do you remember what you were thinking if at all?