Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Room Supporters' Growth Path: Ideas & Feedback

ASilentObserver April 2nd, 2021

Hello everyone! I hope everyone is doing well.

As you might know, we introduced Custom Growth Paths in February 2021. Admins, Ambassadors, and SubCom leaders are working on creating custom growth paths on different topics. And, I was thinking maybe we would like to create Group Support Chat rooms focused on custom growth paths for Chatroom Moderators, Room Supporters, Members, and Listeners. So, I open this thread for a discussion on what kind of growth paths you may find helpful and what growth paths we can create.

I invite you to help me create good growth paths in this category. Because you know the needs, demands, support, guidance that a room supporter might need. It would be great to team up where we collectively share what has helped us learn, understand, how to become better room supporters.

These can be personal experiences, things people have said to us, or ideas we have come across, talks or short videos we have found on YouTube, images that we find helpful, etc.

Please share your one or all thoughts and we could all individually create at least one step and that will be included in the Room Supporter Growth Path. Every thought, idea, the suggestion would count to create a helpful growth path I am looking forward to hearing from you all about it. Let's do this!!

Tagging Room Supporters:
@Ashumi @Dajia215 @grasshopperstonefindingnemo @Yourstruly2000 @hopebeyondpain @Containedchaos @Heythereletschat024 @healingTime2480 @KaylaGM @SoulfullyAButterfly @goldenFriend9335 @fairyava @SophieWX @sotdspec1 @ashlynnmarie22 @Magicalmoongirl @belladgreys @MoonlightPrimrose @Kassy7cups @msteacups @warmLove3625 @shiningSound31 @FirstLight4762 @shiningPuppy49 @cuteOrange213 @pamharley003 @generousBreeze169 @azuladragon34 @bookworm274 @AnnaListens06 @klemen @Fireskye13 @SilentSerenityy @sia1325 @Greenchoice1 @blindHeart12 @Kara13V @EmptyAquarium @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @StarlitSky4762 @TheAngelSystem19 @Rhlexia520 @Mankka @jovialButterfly6752 @considerateParadise6717 @Clara139175 @koala240 @richuyulin @optimisticDay8079 @ouiCherie @KatLis123 @AlwaysEli @adventurousBranch3786 @TheResilientDancer @ALovelyFriend @bouncyVoice4149 @BrightHeart116 @musicalHarmony

Sunisshiningandsoareyou April 2nd, 2021

@ASilentObserver

Wonderful initiative! Would certainly like to have role specific growth paths too πŸ’›

Kara13V April 2nd, 2021

@ASilentObserver

This is a wonderful idea! Having specific growth paths would definitely help me and many others learn and improve in their roles. What has personally helped me in my role is to lead open chats with other Room Supporters so we can all learn from each other. Secondly, a growth path surrounding de-escalation (what is learned when you apply for RS) would be really cool and could serve as a great refresher/reminder on the skills that we should focus on using when needed.

Those are all the ideas/contributions I can think of to this discussion at the moment. I am genuinely excited to see how this takes off! <3 :D

IceCream4IceCream April 3rd, 2021

@ASilentObserver

A step specifically about self-care? :)

ouiCherie April 3rd, 2021

@ASilentObserver love the idea. This may help those who interested and those who just announced. Here are some ideas for Room Supporter Growth Path:

Room Supporter 101

🎁 2 types of subcommunities: list of specific topics (link to training page or self-help page) and general topics

🎁 Room Supporter roles/ tasks, requirements, what is expected and link to application form (plus approximate time to receive confirmation)

🎁 What to do once you are announced. Announcement may come from PA. If STL or any pic from Support Team reach out, then you can start from there. But what to do if no one in Support Team reach out? (they may not aware)

🎁 What commonly available on Team Dashboard - Team Member list tab, Discussion Topics tab, sign up for hosting tab etc (the titles can be different for each team)

🎁 What is Open Chat day and what can we do as RS?

🎁 Steps to host a discussion. Schedule in team dashboard, tockify, form to request the room to be open, mod schedule, etc.

🎁 What is popups and what to do if you want to host popups in your subcom room?

The list may go on, I saw the others have wrote ideas about de-escalation tips and self-care break.

ASilentObserver OP April 13th, 2021

@ouiCherie sounds lovely idea cherie. I liked that one. Maybe you all can help me create the information and we can create steps and add them to the growth path 101

blindHeart12 April 4th, 2021

Including what other said above below are few point

1.Self reflection and self motivation.

2.situation related Quiz or exercise

3.types of host session

4. Buddy program or how to find co host.

5. Brief about moderator(type).

@blindHeart12 good idea heart. thank you. I like this idea. Will be helpful.

April 13th, 2021

Mabey a video based on the topic

@Fireskye13 Like? Skye! Could you elaborate the idea a bit more Red heart