Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Pregnant and scared

worthlessfelix April 30th, 2023

Please excuse me as this is my first time on this app (or seeking any help since I was a kid) but I didn’t have anywhere else to turn. I am pregnant with my 2nd child and lately I’ve been dealing with extreme depression and anxiety about the new baby and my 2 year old son that it I can’t really handle it anymore. I talked to my husband about it and he recommended this app to me. I’m scared that if I seek help with my mental health that the doctors would try to get cps involved and they might try to take my son and unborn baby. Idk what to do, but I know I need help. What do I do?

LostTurtle2 April 30th, 2023

@worthlessfelix

You don't need to apologize for asking for help. You're doing the right thing of being proactive to prevent things going out of hand and then risking the CPS coming in. Pregnancy can do a number on your mental health. It's a well know thing and everyone understands that. If you get a treatment for it now, you'll be ok. It may take more than just talking about your fears. Talk to your doc about taking meds that are safe for pregnancy.

YourCaringConfidant May 2nd, 2023

@worthlessfelix I firstly wanted to say congrats. I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing depression. On the bright side, that can be treated with the right help. I applaud you for identifying that there is something wrong and that you need help. That is a big thing to recognize that. Please be kind to yourself. You are a mom and doing the best you can. The fact of the matter is being a parent is the hardest job that one can have. You have a 2 year old and are pregnant, so your hormones may be all over the place and that is ok. No one here to judge you. Just continue to be the best mom you can be to your kids. Unless you are abusing your kids or bringing harm to them or neglecting them, I do not think you talking to a doctor about your depression and treatment would warrant CPS involvement. The only way to get help is to actually seek help. I am glad that you are on 7cups to find an outlet. Though listeners cannot give advice or any of that, I hope you have found a listener that is there for you. However you are feeling right now is only temporary. You have an innocent, beautiful life living within you and you need to focus on self care so you can better care and love them. I wish you a healthy pregnancy and do not ever give up. Take care. <3 PS: You are not and never will be worthless. You are valuable, special, and one of a kind. You are blessed.

PeacefulSun5009 May 9th, 2023

@worthlessfelix

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your concerns. It takes courage to seek help, and I'm glad you're taking this step toward improving your mental health. Remember that seeking help is a brave and important step towards improving your well-being and your children's. You are not alone, and there are people and resources available to support you through this journey.

purpleFig7203 June 17th, 2023

I hope you find a way through this depression. I guess it varies from one area to another but my obgyn office Dr's w I upd ask us about depression and mention things to do of it crept in and mentioned in a low stakes off hand way that if we found ourselves with it they could do this that or the I ther to help is reduce it. Almost as if they expected it alot. It made me feel like i would tell them if it had come Ali g for me.

I am wondering if you could ask what could they do IF a mild feeling of depression iincreased of hung around, like sorta Fish for info and without committing so you can see if it's safe.

H0nest262 June 18th, 2023

1st of all; legally as a married woman, Child Protective Services has no legal rights to take your 2-years old and your growing womb away from you unless there is a reasonable doubt case in the Family Law courts system.

Your husband is a smart man by referring you to this app and no one has any right to take anything from you without your c-o-n-s-e-n-t. You have to stay strong for your toddler and growing child inside you and it is ok to have hormonal imbalance, scientifically, during your trimester stages of your current pregnancy.

in the meantime, occupy yourself with as much knowledge about taking good self care of your pregnancy by eating healthy, proper exercise regime, and don’t forget your prenatal vitamins. You shouldn’t worry so much; consider finding old friends on *** and maybe spend time with other people to maybe plan a baby shower or help your husband and yourself with baby newborn prepping the house by starting to shop for newborn car seat safety standard equipments, baby cribs, and start nesting your house (which is also a fun activity to do if your feeling down or worried). Remember natural endorphins you can naturalistically attain by walking, like in a garden or bike trail, and even drinking a small 1/2 glass of red wine while on a bubble bath while reading a book by Joel Osteen (Christian-based book) can lighten your day (make sure first that it’s ok with your Ob/Gyn).

worrying will not help you; hugging your child and spending quality downtime with people who care without even speaking will help. Don’t be afraid or feel bad about your decision to start a new chapter in your life in Motherhood. Keep your head up. It is absolutely normal scientifically to feel a little anxiety and or depressed when you are currently pregnant. Your body is too busy making a life as you read this :) I hope you are in a safe and in a loving marriage. And I hope your toddler loves you unconditionally as a mother.

[When I was pregnant]; I was a full time student and was renovating my house and I kept reading lots of pregnancy and parenting magazines and books to help me stay grounded as a single mom; and I was a high-risk pregnant mom, while my son was going through his first two years into Autism kindergarten schooling which he had a very difficult time transitioning into. Don’t feel bad; there are other women going through worse situations, and always stay optimistic and plan your future goals; whether it be short or long term commitment/s. Best of luck, and I hope you feel better and find support in others and write back to let us know your progress

sunnyFriend7830 August 7th, 2023

hello 👋 im a ftm and pregnant now .. dealing with anxiety and stress a lot since im currently on my 35 weeks of pregnancy .im really scared and i stress out myself a lot , cry a lot of times.. i just want to say that you are not alone and if you want someone to talk to . just chat me 🙂

Char1984 August 10th, 2023

@worthlessfelix hi an welcome. Sorry your feeling like this. I would speak to a care provider so you can be referred to the correct services. Its ok to feel scared and worried but just remember your not alone. You can message me anytime and we can do check-ins if this will help