Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

19 and Pregnant

funnyPapaya3568 February 9th

I found out I was pregnant two weeks ago.  In these two weeks I have been back and forth between abortion and keeping my baby. I have always wanted to be a mother, but I didn't expect it to be so soon. My partner is supportive and plans to support me, but I have a hard time putting all my trust in him that he will take care of me.  I live with my father currently and he supports me financially, and once he finds out I'm pregnant I believe he will kick me out. Any advice from other young moms?

toughTiger6481 February 11th

@funnyPapaya3568

I am sorry no one has reached out to you and answered .........i know it is hard as i was in your shoes once....

i had my son when i was 18.   it is hard and you can only count on yourself it is wise you do not have blind faith that  baby daddy will take care of all ........ it might not be as bad as you think with your father either parents sometimes surprise you and other times do what you think they will ....but in the end you won't know until the subject comes up. 

ARE you ready because it is very hard and a life long commitment ....it really is..... it will not keep you and BF together and happy ever after it makes it harder..... you will give up opportunities because you must put baby first .... i do not regret but also wonder what life would have been if i was not a young mom.....   there is no clear advice because it is different for everyone on their journey. 

MistyMagic February 12th

@toughTiger6481 You sound a very wise parent for sure! You also bring up a lot of good questions from your experience. Thank you for replying and sharing those tips to help Papaya.

Listening - One Step At A Time!

MistyMagic February 12th

@funnyPapaya3568 Hi there! I read your post and felt your anguish, but one thing struck me the most, you said 'my baby' not 'the baby', which to me tells me you are already vested in this pregnancy. Do you see what I mean? 

No-one but you can decide, perhaps you could look at all the alternatives and ask yourself some deep questions, would it make a difference if you got married? Can you get financial support from the government (this depends on where you live). Would your father react badly if he found out you had had an abortion without telling him? How will you feel 5 years down the road or 10 or 20? Good luck with your choice, I hope things work out whatever you decide. 

Listening - One Step At A Time!

bouncyMusic133 February 15th

@funnyPapaya3568

How are you doing?

Discovering you're pregnant can bring a whirlwind of emotions, especially when facing tough decisions. It looks like you have been putting some thinking into this. Giving yourself some space to decide if you would like to continue with the pregnancy or not is good. That is your personal choice. It is normal to feel overwhelmed, but I know you will be able to make the best decision for yourself. You know yourself better than anyone else, and you're capable of handling whatever comes your way, whether it's motherhood or choosing a different path. friday-before-easter.gif