Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Come and Check-in For All!

MistyMagic June 14th

I am posting this on a Frijayyyyyy! The start of the weekend when many people are thinking of relaxing and having a lie-in but for many of us the weekend routine is not really that different from the weekdays. So I have found some tips and tricks for you all

AD_4nXd2dWgKT5_6dUQuaJMWjY5UY31yYH7j5T2IyAG3oUzx5fKLDit5lN6JCn8lCTmA8sqTKd0zh8W7ftwBOEIH-Vfk8LWxJfyw56jbsPLULne7XJECmKtrcdNiU5I_fdJxhXOgBaGAX3vadsR_Bm0FcgwE90gp?key=DAslSTCYAfjc81zKX5yOSA

Pregnancy Tips

1. Rest and Relaxation

• Nap Time: Take short naps to boost your energy levels.
  • Prenatal Yoga: Try prenatal yoga or gentle stretching exercises to relax your body and mind.

2. Healthy Eating

• Meal Prep: Prepare healthy meals and snacks ahead of time to ensure you’re getting the nutrients you need.
  • Hydration: Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.

3. Pampering Yourself

• Massage: Consider a prenatal massage to relieve aches and pains.
  • Bath Time: Enjoy a warm (not hot) bath to soothe sore muscles.

4. Bonding with Your Baby

• Talk to Your Baby: Spend a few minutes talking or singing to your baby bump.
  • Reading: Start reading baby books to get into the parenting mindset.
  • Play music: (not too loud and no concerts yet lol!)

5. Education and Preparation

• Prenatal Classes: Sign up for online prenatal classes to learn about childbirth and baby care.
  • Nursery Setup: Use the weekend to organize the nursery and ensure everything is ready for the baby’s arrival.

Parenting Tips

1. Quality Time

• Family Activities: Plan activities that everyone can enjoy, like a trip to the park, a picnic, or a family game night.
  • Reading Time: Spend time reading with your baby or children to promote literacy and bonding.

2. Routine and Structure

• Consistent Schedule: Try to keep a consistent schedule for meals, naps, and bedtime to provide a sense of security.
  • Chore Time: Involve kids in age-appropriate chores to teach responsibility.

3. Outdoor Fun

• Nature Walks: Go for a nature walk or hike to explore the outdoors and get some fresh air.
  • Sports and Games: Play sports or engage in physical activities to burn off energy.
  • Garden play: Show them gardening and grow from seeds.

4. Creative Activities

• Craft Projects: Set up a craft station with supplies for drawing, painting, or building.
  • Baking Together: Bake some simple treats like cookies or cupcakes with your kids.
  • Pizza Making!: Never too young to start on healthy pizza making, get them to arrange their own toppings from healthy vegetables.

5. Parent Self-Care

• Relaxation: Make sure to set aside some time for yourself, whether it’s reading a book, taking a bath, or enjoying a hobby.
  • Date Night: If possible, arrange a date night with your partner to reconnect and recharge.

General Tips for Both

1. Plan Ahead

• Make a To-Do List: Write down the activities you want to accomplish over the weekend to stay organized.
  • Flexible Planning: Be flexible with your plans and open to spontaneous activities.

2. Social Connections

• Playdates: Arrange playdates with other families to provide social interaction for both kids and parents.
  • Support Groups: Join a parenting or pregnancy support group to share experiences and advice.

3. Mindfulness and Mental Health

• Meditation: Practice mindfulness or meditation to reduce stress and stay present.
  • Journaling: Keep a journal to document your thoughts, feelings, and experiences.

By incorporating these tips, you can have a balanced and enjoyable weekend whether you’re expecting a baby or already parenting.

So now it's your turn.

Please introduce yourself so we can all get to know each other.

Pick out a few tips that you do already or that you may start to use.

How are you feeling this week?

MistyMagic OP June 14th

Tagging the tag list:

@Iyyana @MistyMagic @tommy @Truth22

If you would like to be added or removed then please read this thread here:

The taglist gets notified of all the community posts. Also SUBSCRIBE by clicking the join button!

Listening - One Step At A Time!

HannahSupportBuddy June 14th

@MistyMagic

Such an insightful post, I love it! 💙

I'm Hannah, mum to a six month old lil one. 

I want to start using the tips:
- Of going for a nature walk or hike to explore the outdoors and get some fresh air to reconnect and mend my relationship with Mother Earth.
Writing down the activities I want to accomplish over the weekend to stay organized.
Practicing mindfulness or meditation to reduce stress and stay present.

I'm feeling okay and exhausted from school.
 👍

MistyMagic OP June 16th

@HannahSupportBuddy Thanks Hannah!
Six month's old, wow that is a demanding time but also such a fun time watching the almost daily changes as they grow. Are you getting any sleep? Any tips for that that you can share with others?

MistyMagic OP June 20th

How is everyone's week going? Come and tell us all about what's going on.