Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Help Shopping!

LDesign May 21st, 2016

Need some advice...Someone close to me has had ocd their whole life and struggles to but anything for themself. Hours, Days, Weeks are spent researching options, often the same product over and over. Eventually a product is purchased only to be returned. I try help look at the products they are showing me or assist with the research, but it always turns into a rough time and shut down on me and gets upset and doesnt want to talk anymore. I dont know how to be helpful no matter how I try. When asked which is better and I like them both equally then its more frustrating to them. I want them to be able to be happy and find things they want and be able to enjoy them. Thoughts and or tips? Anyone over come struggles with decision making with OCD?

tw1778 May 21st, 2016

@LDesign. I've tried to reply a few times and the reply button vanishes. So I seem to have this problem. It's harder than it sounds but what helps me is to try to keep it in perspective. I don't have to see every single option. I just need enough info to make a reasonable choice. It doesn't have to be perfect. Also I have to remember to take online reviews with a grain of salt. I can spend hours stuck there.

LDesign OP May 22nd, 2016

@tw1778 Thank you. I will mention these to them. Hopefully it will help! Im glad you have found some ways to assist you better. :)