Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What Album Currently Speaks To Your Soul?

PopPunkPrincess17 March 15th

As the question asks above, I want to ask the community what music album currently speaks to their soul or holds a deep personal meaning to them. It can be for any particular reason or associated with any kind of emotion, person, place, thing, event, or memory.

Currently, my album is Everchanger by Invent Animate, even though Greyview is what got me into the band. The most notable song from this album Everchanger is Luna, where the lead vocalist Marcus Vik screams about the loss of his brother and the painful memories and emotions associated with this grief. "Forced to fill your shoes and take on the world". "Now time has left me here to heal, the last thing that I want to do is feel". The entire discography of this band navigates emotions, pain, and life lessons learned.

P.S. for anyone who doesn't like metalcore screaming vocals, this band also releases instrumental albums. Unfortunately, there is no instrumental version of Everchanger, but there are instrumentals of Greyview and Stillworld, and they plan to release a new instrumental album of Heavener tomorrow.

MistyMagic March 15th

@PopPunkPrincess17  Hi I have moved your post to the new 'Music & Dance' Community where I hope you will get lots of replies.

Listening - One Step At A Time!

Elephi March 19th

@PopPunkPrincess17

For me, it was one artist who stands out, and that is Jonathan Antoine. He's a classically trained operatic tenor who was featured on Britain's Got Talent. His records "Tenore," "Believe," and "Going The Distance," are important to me because I had fallen in love with them, and had them on repeat when my mom passed away in early winter of 2022. Every time I hear Jon Antoine, it takes me back to those moments, and it was so deeply impactful on me that I even wrote a poem about the music! I'm considering posting that poetry to this forum sometime. If you'd like to hear any of these albums, I will post the links below. :)

"Believe" by Jonathan Antoine - Mostly popular opera and musical numbers

"Going The Distance" by Jonathan Antoine - Has the most songs sung in English

"Tenore" by Jonathan Antoine - His debut album