Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

_Favorite metal song?

_I mainly listen to metal, usually progressive metal. It's my favorite genre simply because my dad was weird and I grew up with progressive metal, specifically TOOL.

_My favorite song by TOOL by far is Rosetta Stoned, and I want to do a damn essay on it if I ever finally take music theory classes.

_It's 666 seconds long. That's all I'll say for now.

innateJoy9602 September 6th, 2022

@TheOnlySentientCoffeeMugThatWeKnowOf

Interesting!

I will have to check it out :)

I don't think I've ever dove much into the genere.

Open to suggestions though :)💛✨

@innateJoy9602

_If it's suggestions, I have an entire playlist. :3

_What type of music do you typically listen to?

_I've decided each hour I'm going to share another one of my favorite metal songs!

_Another one of my favorite progressive metal songs, is The Grudge, also by TOOL.

_515 seconds long, this song feels like it goes between coldness and petty rage, which fits the theme of the song being about a nondescript grudge, and the odd futility of letting it go, the anger that comes with being unable to let it go.

_It also has one of my favorite lyrics in any song ever! A 25 second long scream, or rather, yell, it isn't a screamo music yell.

_I would like to emphasize the song does not feel all that angry. A huge gripe of mine is that with music like this, the vocals are often bad, and people often justify that by saying "It's to emphasize anger and it's therapeutic"

_But this song is proof there is more than one way to portray anger, and in a way that isn't unpleasant to listen to

_Ænima, by TOOL.

_399 seconds, this song is just fun. It's one of those songs about California just finally falling into the ocean, destroying everything, especially the hell-hole that is L.A.

_Maynard(lead singer) only offers a three word suggestion, to keep everyone occupied, "Learn to swim".

_Uh, don't read if you don't want any profanity, just gonna type some of the lyrics uwu

_"Some say a comet will fall from the sky,

_followed by meteor showers and tidal waves,

_followed by fault lines that cannot sit still,

_followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits"

bwglide1 September 6th, 2022

no more tears by ozzy osbourne, hardest guitars in a melodic song.

@bwglide1

_I don't believe I've heard of it before!

Lockhart September 6th, 2022

I currently have Dear Agony by Breaking Benjamin in my head. I prefer Feed The Wolf, Tourniquet, Psycho, or Unknown Soldier though.

@Lockhart

_As with most metal people actually listen to, I've never heard of it

_I will have to listen to it soon

_Keine Lust by Rammstein.

_Finally something that isn't progressive metal

_Good song, too

mytwistedsoul September 6th, 2022

If you get a chance - check out

Burden of the Sky

Motionless in White

Breathing Theory

@mytwistedsoul

_Only one of those I've heard of before is Motionless In White, I'm thinking my boyfriend might have told me about it or something

Nanachiii September 16th, 2022

It depends.

If it's progressive metal, Gojira's "The Cell" is great. I also like Northlane's stuff, their new album Obsidian.

For my recent favorite, it's Wage War's "Manic"

@Nanachiii

_Ooo, I've gotten Gojira recommended to me a lot, guess I have to listen to it now lol

_Also I'm 90% sure my bf made me listen to something relating to Wage War at some point

Nanachiii September 16th, 2022

I’d listen to these (my personal favorites in no particular order):

1. Silvera
  2. Stranded
  3. The Cell
  4. Magma
  5. Pray
  6. L’enfant sauvage
  7. Born in Winter
  8. Born For One Thing
  9. Another World
  10. New Found