Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

When enemies motivate you

Lychee23 March 20th, 2022

Have you ever been motivated by the existence of your enemies? In a way to don't want to give up on yourself, on your life, just because you don't want to allow them to rejoice? I felt it many times, when I was in a deep depressive state, and it helped me decide to keep living, if for no reason, then for revenge.

Please, share your experience. I would highly appreciate it. 🥰 Happy weekend to ya all.

AveryLove March 20th, 2022

@Lychee23 hi there! I am not sure I can specifically relate to vengeance motivating me, but I definitely can relate to feeling motivated because I want to prove to others who doubted me that I am totally capable of reaching whatever goal I set myself 😊

Lychee23 OP March 20th, 2022

Thank you for replying. Good for you! 🙏✅

EmbracingChaos May 5th, 2022

I have experienced this in a slightly different way. I probably feel too detached and apathetic toward my enemies as far as wanting them to view me a certain way, be jealous, get revenge, etc. I don’t care what they think/feel or want to prove them wrong. However, that initial anger I feel toward them when they finally get into my enemy status propels me to want to get away from them and focus on myself. Almost like a “f you, I’m not giving you any more of me, I’m doing things for me now, I’m not worried about you anymore.”

May 13th, 2022

Actually I've never considered anyone an enemy🤔 I do have a few creepy stalkers - my fans 😂 but I wouldn't give anyone that much power to run my life by doing things that don't align with my personal goals. However, I do my best at everything in life, so I'm happy. When I was young, I wanted to prove a lot of things to my parents so they wouldn't be disappointed if they invested in me, but that was all.