Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

angelfromabove July 24th, 2014

I really like that and love him that's my faveband ever

bewarethefreakchic April 24th, 2014

"To love or have loved, that is enough. Ask nothing further. There is no other pearl to be found in the dark folds of life." - Victor Hugo, Les Miserables

Basch09 January 1st, 2016

Love is all we need *Mary J Blige voice*

Basch09 January 1st, 2016

Love is all we need *Mary J Blige voice*

Kim April 24th, 2014

I have 3 quotes written on my wall which I refer to the most:

"Don't you see? Your fear is based on the certainty that these things are going to happen, whereas the one thing that centuries of Science have taught us is that; the only thing that's certain is NOTHING is for certain" - I heard this on an episode of Ghost Whisperer!

"Too many of us stay walled because we are afraid of being hurt. We are afraid to care too much, for fear that the other person does not care as much or not at all." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Coffee: The finest organic suspension devised." - Captain Kathryn Janeway of the Federation Starship: Voyager

Kim April 24th, 2014

I especially find the coffee one uplifting because well.. coffee.. and Janeway.

But in all seriousness, when life gets too crazy, it's always nice to sit with a hot beverage and just take a minute.

Jadie April 24th, 2014

Well, the greats thought the same way!

"Bring me abowl of coffeebefore I turn into a goat." - J.S. Bach

@Kim coffee immediately makes me need to *** my pants. America explain

Iara April 24th, 2014

?I free myself from hatred through forgiveness and love. I understand that suffering, when it cannot be avoided, is here to help me on my way to glory.? From Aleph By Paulo Coehlo

April 24th, 2014

Love this one!

Jadie April 24th, 2014

Every time there are losses there are choices to be made. You choose to live your losses as passages to anger, blame, hatred, depression and resentment, or you choose to let these losses be passages to something new, something wider, and deeper.

-Henri Nouwen

pricemb26 April 25th, 2014

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.

- Helen Keller

sacchan April 25th, 2014

Don't let your sadness now blinds you of the happiness in the future.

ycdi March 26th, 2020

The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend

Tina123 April 25th, 2014

Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. ? Benjamin Franklin

One of my favourites

EyeInTheMind April 29th, 2014

"Know Thyself."

-Socrates

Short, sweet and so meaningful to me.

Terri2 April 29th, 2014

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" attributed to George Eliot

Eugene OP April 30th, 2014

?Your life is an occasion. Rise to it.? | Suzanne Weyn

?The bad news is you?re falling through the air, nothing to hang on to, no parachute. The good news is, there?s no ground.? | Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche

?In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.? | Albert Camus

BloomWhereYouArePlanted February 28th, 2016

@

?The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.? | Elisabeth Kler-Ross

?Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.?| Kahlil Gibran

?Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.? | Samuel Beckett

?If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them.?| Henry David Thoreau

?Don?t step into lives that aren?t yours, make choices that aren?t nourishing, or dance stiffly for years with the wrong partner, or parts of yourself.? | SARK

?There shall be an eternal summer in the grateful heart.? | Celia Thaxter

?You must learn one thing.The world was made to be free in.Give up all the other worldsExcept the one in which you belong.? | David Whyte

?Nothing, Everything, Anything, Something: If you have nothing, then you have everything, because you have the freedom to do anything, without the fear of losing something.? | Jarod Kintz

Farheen May 1st, 2014

I really like the one in my DP:

"Spend life with who makes you happy, not who you have to impress"

I think it applies to everyone, friends, spouses, lovers. We shouldn't give importance tothe people who make us feel bad about ourselves.

Essence May 2nd, 2014

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back.

So when life is dragging you back with difficulties,

it means that it?s going to launch you into

something great.

Just focus and keep aiming!

Aurora02 May 4th, 2014

It's not a quote.. merely a website with daily quotes by email. but it suits 7 cups ideology I think. www.tut.com. Daily positive inspirational quotes to live by. always makes me smile.

ChocolateTeapot May 9th, 2014

"Sad's alright. Sad's just a part of everything" -David Almond

Aurora02 May 13th, 2014

Especially for all the listeners amongst us

?A customer is the most important visitor on our premises. He is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so.?

― Mahatma Gandhi

Judy May 17th, 2014

My first thought was: "Great quote, but Gandhi said that??" I was skeptical, but apparently -- Yes!

http://quotations.about.com/b/2004/05/07/was-gandhi-a-marketing-consultant.htm

Nice one!

Aurora02 May 17th, 2014

''Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.?

Marianne Williamson

Lea May 17th, 2014

always loved that one! wasn't it mandela though?

Lea May 17th, 2014

always loved that one! wasn't it mandela though?

Aurora02 June 27th, 2014

Nope, common mistake though.

http://www.aetw.org/mandela.htm

Laura July 24th, 2014

Love this one! Thanks for sharingsmiley