Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

simplyviolet February 29th, 2016

@ShyOwlett he's helped me a lot as well, and this is by far my favourite quote from him. You're welcome :D

optimisticriver February 29th, 2016

@simplyviolet

i love this quote :)

Cammie30 February 28th, 2016

Dealing with rejection made me realize that only I can control how I feel

Moonstrike February 29th, 2016

Everyone matters. Life not going good?

Step up and chage it.

you are a warrior.

And you are strong.

I believe in you

mt22 February 29th, 2016

life is meant to have its rainy days but without the rain we won't experience a rainbow

courageousComfort70 February 29th, 2016

This quote is from an anime. I can relate it to myself.

"It wasn't me who was protecting everyone.

I was the one who was always being protected."

And it's you all guys, who protected me and still protecting.

riddler123 February 29th, 2016

Was reading a book and came across this line. You can be broken, or broken open. The choice is yours.

HauntingFeelings00 February 29th, 2016

Never be afraid of a scar. It simply means you are stronger than what ever tried to hurt you

HauntingFeelings00 February 29th, 2016

Just be you, and if people don't like it well, fuck them

Ketrid February 29th, 2016

Don't be a lion, Dont be a tiger.
You dont dance in a circus like them
be a wolf and get your way out
You are no less than them

183Dep February 29th, 2016

When it rains it pours... but the sun shines soon again

AustralianNurse February 29th, 2016

Kindness.

Pure kindness is all it takes!

AustralianNurse February 29th, 2016

I just want you all to know that you deserve to be here, there or wherever you want to be.

foreverisreal01 February 29th, 2016

You don't have nothing to worry about. God has your back. smileysmileysmiley

Loveisme42 February 29th, 2016

@foreverisreal01

thank you very much for that thought today. I receive it and I believe it.

StayPlease February 29th, 2016

Thank you so much @foreverisreal01

xpanianiax February 29th, 2016

"Appreciation is a wondering thing: it makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." Voltaire

DanniDan February 29th, 2016

You may not be where you want to be yet, but you are closer than you were yesterday. yes

LakeLover February 29th, 2016

I dwell in Possibility – (466)

BY EMILY DICKINSON

I dwell in Possibility –
A fairer House than Prose –
More numerous of Windows –
Superior – for Doors –
Of Chambers as the Cedars –
Impregnable of eye –
And for an everlasting Roof
The Gambrels of the Sky –
Of Visitors – the fairest –
For Occupation – This –
The spreading wide my narrow Hands
To gather Paradise –
Source: The Poems of Emily Dickinson Edited by R. W. Franklin (Harvard University Press, 1999)
Spookysauce February 29th, 2016

"Of course I'll hurt you. Of course you'll hurt me.

But this is the very condition of existence.

To become spring we must accept the risk of winter. To accept presence, we must accept the risk of absence."

A parafrased Antoine de Saint Exupery smiley

challenge4 February 29th, 2016

If you don't try you will always fail

CaringJoy February 29th, 2016

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXIsCmozGTA9NWtijFtwD

theghost461 February 29th, 2016

you truely wake up when the nightmare ends

bluePlum1426 February 29th, 2016

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up.The most certain way to succed is always to TRY just ONE MORE TIME!

goldenShip7505 February 29th, 2016

Don't stay here tied up to the docks. Don't let them keep you tied up to the docks. Embark on that SHIP, steer the wheel on your own. MAKE your own path down that sea, and always look FORWARD. The sea can be dangerous: look away from where you were heading and you'll find you'll be lost for a great deal of time.

Even so, you won't be lost forever. As dangerous as the sea may be, it's also the only route to become the GREATEST version of you.

Ship believes in you

sinamynlee February 29th, 2016

If you opened your eyes this morning, you did good. If you made it out of bed, you did awesome. You reached out on here whether in your bed or not and that's a HUGE thing. if you got dressed today, or showered, or brushed your hair... if you ate food, if you snuggled with your favorite person or pet... even if you only did ONE of these things today... you deserve to know that that is HUGE and some of us know that, and you're doing AWESOME! If I was more adept at this site - i'd send you huge gold stars... but for now, just know you deserve them.

UmbrElla1413 March 1st, 2016

@sinamynlee Thank you so much for this post! Your kind words are so supportive and encouraging. This is what many of us need to hear each day, but are unable to tell ourselves, so thank you for speaking it out loud.

sinamynlee March 3rd, 2016

@UmbrElla1413 i'm glad they resonate with you. I think we all do need to be reminded that what we do each day is hard and worthy of praise :)

RoseM1991 February 29th, 2016

You must realize, that fear is not real. It is a product of thoughts you create.

Do not misunderstand me, danger is very real.

But fear...is a choice ⭐

neonStrawberries879 February 29th, 2016

I started my day out by dry heaving in the bathroom sink...anxiety attack big time! I was given good advice from a crisis hotline...tell your therapist everything...no more pleasing! I took that advice and my therapy session was great...hard but great. Now I'm curled up in warm robe, a scented candle is gently glowing in the corner and I actually ate dinner! What I have taken away from this day is that you can go from the depths of disfuction to positive self care. For me it took being given permission to honestly reach out.heart I'm passing that permission on.smiley

SakuraSkye March 1st, 2016

I read this quote in a manga once, and I live by it now.

'Letting the tears flow only makes you stronger.'

selfdisciplinedKite6495 March 1st, 2016

@SakuraSkye

good quote ^0^

Khafra83 March 1st, 2016

@SakuraSkye

My ex believed that. . I need to try it

Itsbekahnotbecca March 1st, 2016

"Be of good courage and be not dismayed for the Lord God is with ther withersoever thou goest."

Joshua 1:9

PanicAtTheDiscount March 1st, 2016

"Eyes are so mysterious. They're insanley beatuiful, especially when you look into the eyes of a loved one. If you look closely, you can see the emotions of a lover in their eyes. It's truly spectacular. You can see fireworks, to the pure being of joy. When you fall in love, remember that you know someone loves you back when you can see the love in their eyes. You know you find the right person when you see that in their eyes." - Me

LendingFriend720 March 1st, 2016

"Never stop believing in hope. Miracles happen everyday."

selfdisciplinedKite6495 March 1st, 2016

I hear this quote a lot-

"Fake it till' you make it and whats fake will become the truth."

There is also an inspiring music video on this i'd like to share: Fake it till' you make it by Briia. ^0^

limegreenSummer6606 March 1st, 2016

Just close your eyes, little butterfly I'll catch you <3

cyanPlatypus6370 March 1st, 2016

@limegreenSummer6606 ... This quote makes me smile. Where is it from?