Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

3quarterspotato October 19th, 2020

I will breathe.

I will think of solutions.

I will not let my worry control me.

I will not let my stress level break me.

I will simply breathe.

And it will be okay.

Because I don't quit.

-Shayne McClendon

Sunisshiningandsoareyou October 31st, 2020

For anyone who needs it !! 🤗❤🌻

Person12269 October 31st, 2020

"We are all broken, but that's how the light gets in."

I don't know who said this quote, but I think it's beautiful <3

aiko1710 October 31st, 2020

Repeating is the mother of wisdom- My mom???

Stych November 11th, 2020

"Today, me will live in the momoent, unless that moment is unpleasant, Then me will eat a cookie." Cookie Monster

I eat a lot less cookies than I used to.

SweetSurrender2020 November 11th, 2020

Nothing in this life is worth anything if you dont have faith love, courage, and heart

You cnat have faith if your a debbie downer

you cnat love if you dont love yourself first and forthmost

and courage you cnat move forward if your letting fear get in the way

You ahve to work and play with passion and withought a heart passion woulnt exist

LightofWorld November 24th, 2020

@SweetSurrender2020

As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, the other for helping others. Audrey Hepburn

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

brandons11 November 27th, 2020

@SweetSurrender2020 I love these quotes. so insipirational!

lovelySky2716 December 24th, 2020

@SweetSurrender2020

I love this quote! So reminding!

SweetSurrender2020 November 11th, 2020

the miror is a hard thing to look into

when we get dressed we take a gander to see how we look first before heading out door

but do we ever look in the mirror to see who we truely ar ein the inner side of ourselves

what our character shows

our person itself may look the best in reflection but its the inner reflection we need to focus on the most to see what we really look like.

strawberryForest9562 November 14th, 2020

You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated - the wise words of Maya Angelou may her would be at peace.

Mikey233 November 15th, 2020

There is a reason the rear view mirror is smaller than the windwhield - Tyler perry

lovelySky2716 December 24th, 2020

@Mikey233

I love this quote! This is the motivation I needed!

Lup1217 November 17th, 2020

And if my heart be scarred and burned The safer, I, for all I learned.

Dorothy Parker
JenniferC8402 November 20th, 2020

Pain is not a punishment, pleasure is not a reward.- Pema Chodron

AmethystAngel November 22nd, 2020

"Seasons they will change

Life will make you grow

Dreams will make you cry, cry, cry

Everything is temporary

Everything will slide

Love will never die, die, die"

My all-time favorite verse, from Imagine Dragons "Birds".

lupea867 December 16th, 2020

@AmethystAngel

I love this one too, it always makes me tear up.

IWalkAlone1971 November 23rd, 2020

"The wound is the place where the light enters you." ~ Rumi

I have always found this to be true, even when it's excruciatingly painful. Yes, life hurts, but it is our own pain & suffering that forces us to learn & grow ~ & if one can simply *endure* it, & makes the personal *effort* to do so, one CAN rise above it all & gain very POSITIVE things from any painful or traumatic experience. I have PTSD, but with the PTSD also came a secret SUPERPOWER I didn't even know existed ~ It's called "Low Latent Inhibition", & means that one is hyper-sensitive & hyper-AWARE of EVERYTHING going on around them, almost as if they had eyes in the back of their heads, along with X-ray vision AND telepathy ~ but it's really just super-focused attention to detail. It really is a superpower for which I'm actually deeply grateful. It just bites that it came at such a high cost to my own peace of mind. It also alienates me, as others don't understand how I know what I know, because they can't see what I see. It's very lonely, but I also feel an absolute confidence in myself ~ and that is the greatest gift of all, to be able to rely on ONESELF. Hope this helps others out there going through the same things. Thank you for inviting me to contribute to the forum. I hope you all find your way to the healing light within ~ & hoping the same for myself. Blessings, love, light, & warm fuzzy HUGS for all. =)

~ Wind

TrinityLynn November 30th, 2020

@IWalkAlone1971

love your insight on this! It reminds me of the saying "what doesn't kill me makes me stronger." Every challenging experience a person survives may leave a wound, but it also can create opportunity for growth and resilience.

iamthevoice November 23rd, 2020

" The only limit is your mind."

caramelbunny2 July 28th, 2021

@iamthevoice

Yes, it really is.

thelibrarian1023 November 23rd, 2020

you have so much in you to prove

SakuraSan November 23rd, 2020

Everyone has a future self waiting for you to arrive there. - Xu Minghao

cheerfulLion6204 November 26th, 2020

I don't need my boyfriend to baby sit me but all I need is some care.

Best line listened today. 😊

geckopaws December 13th, 2020

@cheerfulLion6204 It's ok. Things will be better tomorrow. I have been there. You are not just a drop of water, you are the whole ocean. You have all the power.

Aero86 November 30th, 2020

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul
remains unawakened.

Anatole

geckopaws December 13th, 2020

@Aero86 So beautiful and true. It doesn't matter if it's a cricket. But what are peoples animals.

DanniGirl1205 December 6th, 2020

Some of its magic, some of its tragic but I had a good life all the way-jimmy buffet He Went To Paris

Mothernature333 December 8th, 2020

Without change there'd be no butterflies

IcyMist December 12th, 2020

@Mothernature333 That is a really beautiful one! I want to remember this.

Ethanberk December 9th, 2020

"The earth has music for those who listen" Skaespear-

This Quote has a powerful meaning for me personally. It's hard to find others who think and see like me. Like to really pay attention to the sounds of the world... It's so peacful... and you feel...alive I guess. I know that was super cheesey but... This means alot ot me...Thankssmiley

HonestDialogue123 December 9th, 2020

Truth apparent, even the liar sings.

CoreyPeek December 10th, 2020

"The axe forgets but the tree remembers, your words have meaning"

December 13th, 2020

KendylJ December 14th, 2020

“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.”- Leo Tolstoy

“The impossible could not have happened, therefore the impossible must be possible in spite of appearances.” -Agatha Christie

“When I was young, my ambition was to be one of the people who made a difference in this world. My hope is to leave the world a little better for having been there.”- Jim Henson

“If you don’t throw yourself into something, you’ll never know what you could’ve had.”- Amy Winehouse

“Books! And cleverness! There are more important things- friendship and bravery!”- Hermione Granger, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

“This is your world. You’re the creator. Find freedom on this canvas. Believe that you can do it. ‘Cuz you can do it. You can do it.”- Bob Ross

“I’m not afraid of storms, for I’m learning how to sail my ship.”- Louis May Alcott

“Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.”- Marie Curie

“Resolved to take fate by the throat and shake a living out of her.”- Louisa May Alcott

“But who wants an easy life? It’s boring!”- Jane Birkin

“Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.”- Mary Tyler Moore

“Take a deep breath, dust yourself off, and start all over again.”- Frank Sinatra

“To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”- Ludwig van Beethoven

“It is never too late- never too late to start over, never too late to be happy”- Jane Fonda

“Hope is the thing with feathers that perches on the soul- and sings the tunes without the words- and never stops at all.”- Emily Dickinson

“It isn’t what we say or think that defines us, but what we do.”- Jane Austen

“Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery.”- Jane Austen

“A little bit of mercy makes the world less cold and more just.”- Pope Francis

“Let us learn to live with kindness, to love everyone. Even when they do not love us.”- Pope Francis

“The best revenge is massive success.”- Frank Sinatra

“Your worth is not measured by your productivity.”- unknown

“Thank yourself for how far you’ve come, it hasn’t been easy.”- unknown

“The fact that you are trying is proof that you are strong.”- unknown

“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”- unknown

“You just have to walk into the room and be fearless. Never let people think for a minute that you couldn’t totally take them down.”- Stevie Nicks

“Your future needs you. Your past doesn’t.”- m.r.

“To not dance when you had the health and could hear the music could be the biggest regret of your life.”- unknown

“It’s not your job to fix people.”- unknown

“Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted.”- Sylvia Plath

“Keep a little fire burning. However small. However hidden.”- Cormac McCarthy

I can do this, I thought. Then: And even if I can’t, I have to.”- unknown

“One of the hardest things you will ever have to do, my dear, is to grieve the loss of a person who is still alive.”- Jeannette Walls, The Glass Castle

“I don’t know where I’m going from here but I promise it won’t be boring.”- David Bowie

“Don’t leave this earth with words still inside you. Songs unsung. Canvases untouched.”- April Green

“Forgive yourself for not knowing better until you knew better.”- unknown

“Stay away from people who make you feel like you’re hard to love.”- unknown

“Normality is a paved road: It’s comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow.”- Vincent van Gogh

“Art takes time- Monet grew his gardens before he painted them.”- Atticus

“Flowers grow back, even after they are stepped on. So will I.”- unknown

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”- Friedrich Nietzsche

“And a new day will dawn for those who stand long, and the forests will echo in laughter.”- Robert Plant, Led Zeppelin

“You are slowly growing, but you are still growing and that is enough.”- Dhiman

“The trick is that as long as you know who you are and what makes you happy it doesn’t matter how others see you.”- Wendy Mass, Every Soul a Star

“This may be a sad chapter but you are not a sad story.”- unknown

“You never know what’s around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you’ve climbed a mountain.”- Tom Hiddleston

“Time will pass; these moods will pass; and I will, eventually, be myself again.”- Kay Redfield Jamison, An Unquiet Mind

“The worst thing in the world can happen, but the next day the sun will come up. And you will eat your toast. And you will drink your tea.”- Rhian Ellis, After Life

“Overthinking will destroy your mood. Breathe and let go.”- unknown

“Go to sleep. Let your heart rest. They’re not worth it anymore.”- r.h. Sin

“There’s a future version of me who’s proud I was strong.”- khanos

“And I said to my body, softly, ‘I want to be your friend.’ It took a long breath and replied, ‘I have been waiting my whole life for this.’”- Nayyirah Waheed

“This is my home, you see, so no longer will I let it be a place of shame or a vessel of insecurity. It will be my chapel of forgiveness and a palace of respect.”- Becca Lee

“How could you think you are weak. When everytime you break, you come back stronger than before.”- R.M. drake

“It is okay to admit that your wounds are still open. That you are still healing. It takes time. It takes time.”- Alison Malee

“I think it’s brave that you get up in the morning even if your soul is weary and your bones ache for rest. I think it’s brave that you keep on living even if you don’t know how to anymore. I think it’s brave that you push away the waves rolling in every day and you decide to fight. I know there are days when you feel like giving up but I think it’s brave that you never do.”- Lana Rafaela

December 14th, 2020

"The wound is the place where the light enters you."- Rumi

Edobre399 December 15th, 2020

agreed

AmberLilly21 December 16th, 2020

You have to have the good and bad in your daily life otherwise your not living.

No matter what you think, there is always some type of moral in your life whether you see it now or in 20 years.

December 29th, 2020

Make Someone Smile Today and Wait For It To Come Back To You 😇

IntoTheMountains December 29th, 2020

Here's one I heard one Christmas Eve in a non-Christian church:

"That which breaks is not love."