Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

diligentYard7147 May 8th, 2015

You sound lost but positive ur gunna succedd.good on you.gunna go growl at my black dog now or shud i say howl!!!

Jouthejoker May 8th, 2015

nothing good comes easy.. but indeed, with every difficulty theres relief!

samara22 May 8th, 2015

This is an unorginal probably plagerizedinspirational thought I have:

All people love themselves and because they do they take care of themselves and aim to be happy. Whilst, this is true. Not all people know the healthiest way to go about it. Therefore, I see a lot of mean people who put down others are in one-down one-up relationships which is not recipricol or ideal. And today I realize all the negativity that comes from people, all their meaness small or huge, visible or not, impactful or unconsequential roots from the techniques wehave at getting ourneeds met. Which means that at ourcore weare innocent pure longing people, and of course we are all deserving of love, dignity, respect, and compassion.

It is our responsability to learn how to improve ourselves. How to effeciently and effectively get our needs met without harming someone in the process. Turning our unhealthy techniques/bad habits of getting our needs met in to healthy proactive habits/techniques.

The other unorginal inspirational thought:

Since we are all focused on our selves. We become so selfish and so bent on never getting hurt. As to live our lives where no one can touch me without consequences and they will pay for it, make them think twice about ever messing with me mentality. And yes there must be a mechanism to hold ourselves accountable. But the pointed out mentalityis tooextreme. It does not have a healthy balance. It is too vendictive. To the point where any thing slightly resembling an attack or a transgression against one is responded with and to be honest it is giving a reaction without much thought into striking back. And in reality most attacks and transgression done onto one is done by someone who they themselves feel they have been attacked or transgressed by us. And, we donot know how to communicate this effectively and efficiently, nor civily.Hence, spiralinginto attack and counterattack back and forth. Because we forget the other person matters, we both matter, and if they are attacking something is hurting. We forget to listen. We forget to care about others, about each other. Because we are so self-focused in an unhealthy way.

And the third unorignal thought:

We have to make allowances for each other... we do not know how to do things sometimes and need practice and to be taught. And we will fail. We will mess up. But at the end we supposedly love each other. So love each other.

It gets complicated when the other party, in my case, my dad, just wants things his way is narcasistic and so therefore he will say at the end that he loves me but only after I have admitted that I am wrong and he was right when it wasn't so. Only after I say things are his way when I have a right for my essential existence and to have people make room for me. In that instance hopefully none of you have to go through that.. well, it is best to not admit to something that is not true and to call out the person by saying I know you have a strong ego that always says you are right and don't really consider the other person so much or how they experience things or how their is truth to their experience and only see things strictly from your point of view and even when you see them from mine you somehow then shift it to yours and misconstrude it making you always right. Never acknowledgingthe existence of the other person, me. And I forgive you for it and I feel hurt by it. And, I am sorry you feel that way. But that is not how things are. I respect you anyways. And leave it at that.

All relationshipsshould be equal. Any relationship where there is a character that thinks he is always right and things are always what he thinks and how he views it and it is always his way. Get out of that relationship or formboundaries if it is your family. It is not healthy. And it is not our fault. That in my experience I was taught that they were always right even if I knew something was not right about it that I was wrong. And, they were always right about it. And it never was what I believed was right that was right. Even when there was no doubt that I was right. It is scary my dad even made me believe that it was strange that I say Hi to people I didn't even know. Simple things like that that brought happiness to me. It is a very severlycontrolling realtionship which I am at with this family of mine.

At any rate my point is never stay in an unhealthy relationship. Always love yourself. Always believe that you deserve the best. And that is the truth. For everyone. Never settle for less. Ever. And if people cannot make allowances for you nor take the time to understand you comprehend you or listen to you nor ask you questions to better understand nor give you time to explain yourself.In essence don't get to know you and make all sorts of conclusions on just outsider observations run from that relationship. as fast as you can. Not worth it. ever. even if it is your very own family. We deserve the best.

bubbleSummer767 May 8th, 2015

Life is hard but you can always be successful

CreedAngelus May 8th, 2015

It is when you collapse from exhaustion that you realize running only tired you out so your demons can beat you. Quote by me.

maybelydia May 8th, 2015

i always tell myself to keep my face towards the sunshine, because then i can't see the shadow

NotE467J May 8th, 2015

Our minds naturally hang on to negative things and events more than positive ones, so remember that and try to reverse it

TheRafflesia May 8th, 2015

"Be the change you'd like to see in this world"

wittyRaspberries6293 May 8th, 2015

La esencia de la vida es ser uno msimo, no dejes que nada ni nadie te cambie. Es una frase que dijo mi ídolo, encuentro mucha verdad en ella.

Silvershade May 8th, 2015

Be who you want to be. because that's who you'll become.

Silvershade May 8th, 2015

Be who you want to be. because that's who you'll become.

niceBalloon3171 May 8th, 2015

Do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do

niceBalloon3171 May 8th, 2015

Do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do

humorousTriangle605 May 8th, 2015

What would you do if you were not afraid of anything?

humorousTriangle605 May 8th, 2015

What would you do if you were not afraid of anything?

Anna808 May 9th, 2015

Persue the things in life I have been wanting to take up in classes etc.

humorousTriangle605 May 9th, 2015

I would tell him I love you. I would tell mom dad that I want to pursue mountaineering. I would give up being a doctor and go explore mountains. .New places. ..foods .people

Jenna May 8th, 2015

"Our days are better when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind"

shyPeach7320 May 8th, 2015

The strongest people are not those who show strength in front of us, but those who win battles we know nothing about.

Arcroydon May 8th, 2015

Its a fact that when it rains it pours, But don't stop looking for the rainbow at the end of the storm, the worse the storm is the more beautiful the rainbow.

Arcroydon May 8th, 2015

Its a fact that when it rains it pours, But don't stop looking for the rainbow at the end of the storm, the worse the storm is the more beautiful the rainbow.

Arcroydon May 8th, 2015

Arcroydon May 8th, 2015

helpfuldot May 8th, 2015

"rock bottom become the foundation on which I built my life"

RecoveryGirl May 9th, 2015

You are what you make of yourself so embrace the weirdness.

humorousMango2538 May 9th, 2015

"Someday, the sun is bound to shine."

TJoannJ May 9th, 2015

Be the light at the end of someone's dark tunnel.

brightOcean8165 May 9th, 2015

Don't forget to be yourself, even when times are tough. Don't let them see a puppet. You are strong.

Forgive2me May 9th, 2015

Yes

Jenna May 9th, 2015

Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it.

babyyouaredirtygold96 May 9th, 2015

"The tears that heal are also the tears that scald and scourge."- The Shining.

SuesueTwins May 9th, 2015

it will be okay in the end. if it's not okay now, it's not the end.

Anguisette May 9th, 2015

I love this quote.

Ymeria May 9th, 2015

May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears

KenzieTheUnicorn May 9th, 2015

Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved

Timafre May 9th, 2015

It's the way she goes boys. -Ray, trailer park boys

Stoneangel May 9th, 2015

This ship is not sinking. We are merely learning to sail under different weather conditions than we had anticipated. With some effort and courage; we can still win the race...

UnbrokenWarrior96 May 9th, 2015

My heart is a bird and my head is a cage

maybelydia May 9th, 2015

Remember, happiness and freedom exist. You can't say it's unreachable just because you are yet to experience it. Trying gets you further than giving up.

ImLisa May 9th, 2015

There is always darkness before the dawn.