Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

Melly718 March 10th, 2015

?Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.?
― Robert A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land

?Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.?
― Abraham Lincoln

?The true measure of success is how many times you can bounce back from failure.?
― Stephen Richards

?Happiness comes from within. It is not dependent on external things or on other people. You become vulnerable and can be easily hurt when your feelings of security and happiness depend on the behavior and actions of other people. Never give your power to anyone else.?
― Brian L. Weiss

?Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.?
― Dalai Lama XIV

?Your success and happiness are forgiven you only if you generously consent to share them. But to be happy it is essential not to be too concerned with others. Consequently, there is no escape. Happy and judged, or absolved and wretched.?
― Albert Camus, The Fall

?Do the best you can, and don't take life too serious.?
― Will Rogers

?The summit of happiness is reached when a person is ready to be what he is.?
― Desiderius Erasmus

Draya111 March 13th, 2015

yepppp!

?Your success and happiness lie in you.?
― Helen Keller

Foreverblue March 10th, 2015

why she stays

JANUARY 15, 2015~MROGERS1660

?He won?t lay a finger on you,
He won?t wreck your pretty face.
But he?ll tell you that you?re worthless
Just to put you in your place.?
Little Big Town, Evangeline

They said you can?t truly understand something until it happens to you.

They were right.

When I was young, I remember hearing a story from a friend about a woman and a man who started fighting in the car in front of my friend. The woman ran from the car and the man followed, brutally beating her and a passerby who tried to help, in front of dozens of people staring in shock.

Certainly after that she would leave him, wouldn?t she?

Only a few months later, we spotted the same woman ? with the same man ? in line together at a local restaurant. I asked myself for years following why she would stay. She was an idiot. She knew better. It was an obvious choice. He had done it once, and he would do it again.She was an idiot.

Now I understand.

Let me be clear ? this man never laid a hand on me. But there are forms of domestic abuseother than physical abuse.

?You?re a stupid bitch?.

?You?re nothing but a slut?.

?You?re a piece of trash, you?re worthless?.

These incidences escalated to the point where one night I satsobbing in front of a restaurant full of people. A table of girls behind me told me that I was too beautiful to put up with being spoken to like that, and that I should leave.

So why didn?t I leave?

With every low there is a high. With every fight, there is a morning full of tearful apologies and promises that it will never happen again. And for a while, everything is perfect. Until it happens again.

And again, and again, and again.

Not until everything was over for good, and I was left alone, did I realize what I had put up for far too long. It was as if I was brainwashed, broken to the point where I believed it was my fault and that I deserved the abuse. Somehow I believed that if I changed, that if I could only be better for him, it would stop. But it never did.

I truly believe everything happens for a reason. This experience has opened my eyes to millions of women in this world who endure and accept physical and emotional abuse. So often society judges these women so harshly when they choose to stay, but not everyone understands why. Until a woman completely realizes what she is experiencing in her relationship is wrong and is in no way, shape, or form true love, shewillstay. And you cannot judge her for that.

You may not know why she stays, but I do.

Share this:

Twitter130
Facebook10K+
Google

xostaystrong March 11th, 2015

The ups and downs of life all matter ... Imagine an elevator thatonly went up .. What would be the point ? We are so much like elevators, we need to go up and explore the better parts of life .. But we also need to drop to the lowest states of itas well. It is in the lower levels of life we realize the meaning of the highest ones.

// the saddest days will bring out the brightest🌞

Dailydaydreama March 11th, 2015

One may find in amongst the darkness a rainbow the colors of life ! Don't fear the dark background because without it how could we see the colors ...

theclocksystem March 11th, 2015

Everything will be okay because I love you and we can watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

---my little brother (5yo)heart

GikkiNizzy88 March 11th, 2015

💕💕💕💕💕 adorable

Melly718 March 11th, 2015

?If there's a thing I've learned in my life it's to not be afraid of the responsibility that comes with caring for other people. What we do for love: those things endure. Even if the people you do them for don't?
― Cassandra Clare

?Think you can and you can do it.
Your thoughts are your life.?
Lailah Gifty Akita

?Do things that count, but don't count the things you do.?
― Comic Strip Mama

?Measure yourself by your best moments, not by your worst. We are too prone to judge ourselves by our moments of despondency and depression.?
― Robert Johnson

?Sometimes life gets weird. Hang in there, it gets better.?
― Tanner Patrick

Draya111 March 13th, 2015

thanks melly you have inspired me so much with these great posts

?No, you cannot stop the birds of sorrow from flying over your head, but you can stop them from building nests in your hair.?
― D.B. Patterson

?We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that self may prove to be.?
― May Sarton

?Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.?
― Isaac Asimov, Foundation

?Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.?
― Frank Zappa

?Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.?
― Benjamin Spock

?The best revenge is not to be like your enemy.?
― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

?Always forgive, but never forget, else you will be a prisoner of your own hatred, and doomed to repeat your mistakes forever.?
― Wil Zeus, Sun Beyond the Clouds

Steph716 March 11th, 2015

Be strong because things will get better. It may be stormy now, but it neverrains forever.

Jenna March 12th, 2015

"Being positive does not mean ignoring the negative. Being positive means overcoming the negative."

LittleMsAnonymous22 March 12th, 2015

"Let yourfaith be greaterthan your fears "

Jay168 March 12th, 2015

Don't look back, you're not going that way :)

Jay168 March 12th, 2015

What may seem like a challenge may be a blessing in disguise or a blessing in waiting.

DevilDocWilson March 12th, 2015

Don't improve to show up others, do it because you love yourself, sticking it to them is just a bonus!

DevilDocWilson March 12th, 2015

Don't improve to show up others, do it because you love yourself, sticking it to them is just a bonus!

Melly718 March 12th, 2015

?Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.?
― Sen Kierkegaard

?How much I missed, simply because I was afraid of missing it.?
― Paulo Coelho, Brida

?It all goes away. Eventually, everything goes away.?
― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love

?My life didn't please me, so I created my life.?
― Coco Chanel

?It is important that we forgive ourselves for making mistakes. We need to learn from our errors and move on.?
― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free