Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

iHarry98 May 9th, 2018

My problem was that no one ever needed me as much as I needed them.

cocoafp191 May 9th, 2018

"You are a soup- put good stuff in that soup. Make yourself a nice soup."

-Gerard Way

TheCollisionCourse May 9th, 2018

@cocoafp191

Haha that's a nice one!

Flynnko543 May 9th, 2018

"No one is going to push you except yourself."

TheFriendInNeed May 9th, 2018

KeeperOfTheDragons May 9th, 2018

"Whoever threw that paper, your mom's a hoe."

JK my favorite quote is,

"People sometimes attribute my success to my genius; all the genius I know anthing about is hard work."

-Alexander Hamilton

PermanentlyBroken May 9th, 2018

Amphios May 9th, 2018

There are going to be a lot of little things you don

charmingPark May 9th, 2018

piercetheaiden May 10th, 2018

@charmingPark

I love this quote!

speaktolors May 10th, 2018

A year from now, you will wish you started today.

lovelyWhisper66 May 10th, 2018

GrahamBarroneICHP May 11th, 2018

Nothing diminishes anxiety faster than action.

Walter Anderson

Evolutionarily speaking anxiety is the response to a potentially dangerous situation. Cortisol and adrenaline are released into the body both of which increase the glucose levels in the blood, constrict blood vessels and increase the heart rate. This prepares you for action, fight or flight. When there are no bears that want to attack you feeling this going on with your body can be frightening. The chemicals will take about 15 minutes to wear off and being physically active is a great way to positively make use of the situation. If sprinting or power walking the effects away isnt possible then being more energetic in what ever you are doing will also help whilst remembering to positvely self-talking your way in to wellbeing again.

g

Want more personalized guidance? Check out my profile
Poptart19 May 22nd, 2018

@GrahamBarroneAdipICHPMCBT Thank you for writing that post as sometimes we forget the underlying principles of having an anxiety disorder.

GrahamBarroneICHP May 11th, 2018

Nothing diminishes anxiety faster than action.

Walter Anderson

Evolutionarily speaking anxiety is the response to a potentially dangerous situation. Cortisol and adrenaline are released into the body both of which increase the glucose levels in the blood, constrict blood vessels and increase the heart rate. This prepares you for action, fight or flight. When there are no bears that want to attack you feeling this going on with your body can be frightening. The chemicals will take about 15 minutes to wear off and being physically active is a great way to positively make use of the situation. If sprinting or power walking the effects away isnt possible then being more energetic in what ever you are doing will also help whilst remembering to positvely self-talking your way in to wellbeing again.

g

Want more personalized guidance? Check out my profile
Amphios May 12th, 2018

@GrahamBarroneAdipICHPMCBT thank you for sharing!

Amphios May 12th, 2018

EllieJays May 12th, 2018

Amphios May 12th, 2018

@EllieJays I love this quote

Amphios May 12th, 2018

Amphios May 13th, 2018

May 14th, 2018

TO AVOID REGRETS

Never make a decision when youre angry and never make a promise when youre happy

Amphios May 14th, 2018

Amphios May 15th, 2018

windflowers May 16th, 2018

Hello! Youve found a clue for the Pen Pals event for Mental Health Awareness Month. This is a clue for Motivation, the clue was 'everyone gets knocked down sometimes, but you always get back up and keep going. Here youll find a candle in the darkness' and the term is inspiration! Thank you for participating.

Amphios May 16th, 2018

MidnightHawk11 May 17th, 2018

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard!

Amphios May 19th, 2018

May 20th, 2018

May 20th, 2018

JCarpenter180 May 20th, 2018

"Distance means nothing when someone means so much." ––Joseph Carpenter

convivialVase4141 May 22nd, 2018

If I am what I have and if I lose what I have who then am I?

I love Erich Fromm very much!

He was a German social psychologist and humanistic philosopher. Once I wrote about him for https://edubirdie.com/blog/mla-citation-guide

Here are some of his quotations:

Man is the only animal for whom his own existence is a problem which he has to solve and from which he cannot escape.

Love is an action, the practice of human power, which can be practiced only in freedom and never as a result of compulsion.

Amphios May 25th, 2018

Amphios May 26th, 2018

JenniferPattersonLMFT May 28th, 2018

#selfcompassion #motivation #keepgoing

JenniferPattersonLMFT May 29th, 2018

#selfcompassion #selfcare #empathy

Amphios May 30th, 2018

heart

JenniferPattersonLMFT June 1st, 2018

#selfcompassion #selfcare #selflove #youareenough

HelpfulHobbit June 1st, 2018

There is no such thing as the unknown, only the temporarily hidden