Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

ShadeFromTheSun June 8th, 2015

I've been listening to the Genesis song "Undertow" a lot, and the chorus does wonders for me.

Stand up to the blow that fate has struck upon you
Make the most of all you still have coming to you.
Lay down on the ground and let the tears run from you
Crying to the grass and trees and heaven finally on your knees

powerfulIdea6686 June 8th, 2015

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr.Suess

charmingAvocado5895 June 8th, 2015

"Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you've come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome."

SherLocked5440 June 8th, 2015
JaneDoodleBug June 8th, 2015

Stars can't shine without darkness.

dynamicHouse1209 June 8th, 2015

The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place. It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you're hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!" - Rocky Balboa

The darkest nights make the brightest stars. I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night. Life is a climb, but the view is great. Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground.

Nozarashi June 8th, 2015

few things like this make me smile, bu this was something else. Keep it up!

Teaforall June 8th, 2015

Hey guys, just a short one from me! It's something that's stuck in my mind since I heard it a few years ago!

''A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor"

Gives me warmth thinking that to survive what you have been through has made you stronger, even if you can't see it

Jenna June 8th, 2015

There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind. -C.S Lewis

Kiwisareforbabies June 8th, 2015

I adore C.S Lewis

persistentKiwi2418 June 8th, 2015

If you're standing in shit to your neck, make sure to look up.

Jenna June 8th, 2015

LOL!

Jenna June 8th, 2015

Action is the foundational key to all success. -Pablo Picasso

cazmickey June 8th, 2015

Dontbelieveeverything you think x

FoufiDoumi June 8th, 2015

"Normality is the ultimate sucrificeof potential." Faith Jegede

FoufiDoumi June 8th, 2015

Ugh!! Can't edit?? I made a typo!! "Sacrifice"!! :P

Jenna June 8th, 2015

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. -Mark Twain

loveisallweneed June 8th, 2015

Happiness will come when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony. M Ghandi

pearlofanoyster June 8th, 2015

I think this is by far one of my absolute favourite quotes. I love the fact we can take inspiration from nature. I'll definitely think of this next time I feel down, thank you so much for sharing this ☺♥

Stoneangel June 19th, 2015

So so true... I never imagined my life would have the sufferings it has.... But then I never imagined I would find so much wonder and beauty at the core of the hardest times... Times that have caused others to say: "Idon't know how you do it" or "I don't know how you didn't go mad"

optimisticZebra1834 June 8th, 2015

"Life is like Photography, you need the negatives to develop." -unknown This is one of my favorite quotes because I am a photographer so I know what this means, all too well...

courteousSea4525 June 8th, 2015

Chin up, buttercup. ♡

peachykeen516 June 8th, 2015

Everything worth having comes with trials worth withstanding.

MonsVenegas98 June 8th, 2015

Life is way too short to spend another day at war with yourself

MonsVenegas98 June 8th, 2015

Life is way too short to spend another day at war with yourself

morethanjustaname June 8th, 2015

I can be changed by what happens to me, but I refuse to be reduced by it.

TKMor June 8th, 2015

"We're all stories in the end, just make it a good one"

TKMor June 8th, 2015

"I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels, but for the way the sound of her name could silence my demons." Christopher Poindexter

purpleStrawberries1514 June 9th, 2015

"For once you will have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

beautifulmystry June 9th, 2015

"a problem is a chance for you to do your best" - Duke Ellington

beautifulmystry June 9th, 2015

Sometimes you meet someone, and it?s so clear that the two of you, on some level belong together. As lovers, or as friends, or as family, or as something entirely different. You just work, whether you understand one another or you?re in love or you?re partners in crime. You meet these people throughout your life, out of nowhere, under the strangest circumstances, and they help you feel alive. I don?t know if that makes me believe in coincidence, or fate, or sheer blind luck, but it definitely makes me believe in something.?-unknown

Entropio June 9th, 2015

You'd be dead inside if you stopped feeling. It might make your heart safe from the negatives, but you'd be hiding it from the good, too. The two of those things are connected like twins. Life's a drag, but there's enough miracles and stardust to go around. I know you can't see them now, but I swear those beautiful things exist.

ColdWinterLove June 9th, 2015

Of all the bad that seems to plague us, I swear to you there's good. This one is for everyone, It talks to you in a very intimate level.

Staystrong2015 June 9th, 2015

Your skin isn't paper; don't cut it. Your face isn't a mask; don't cover it. Your size isn't a book; don't judge it. Your life isn't a film; don't end it. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!

Chixo June 9th, 2015

What ever happens to you,Smile.It increases your face value!

lovingHuman809 June 9th, 2015

resilience emanates from where the heart lies .. stubbornness, being sidetracked by emotional outbreaks prevents a clearer picture of the horizon. I can run with wolves , disappear in the stillness of the night and be remembered by no one. soul searching never holds true . receive what's been handed over.. never look back and dwell on past mistakes.. the earth spins and rotates and so does our lives ..the sun sets and we wake up to a promise of a new beginning.

music4u25 June 9th, 2015

I watch a youtube video about after watching this video look at yourself. It was touching we may all be facing storms that's hard to get by sometime but with a little bit of faith we can accomplish anything just have to remain strong.

lovingHuman809 June 9th, 2015

resilience emanates from where the heart lies .. stubbornness, being sidetracked by emotional outbreaks prevents a clearer picture of the horizon. I can run with wolves , disappear in the stillness of the night and be remembered by no one. soul searching never holds true . receive what's been handed over.. never look back and dwell on past mistakes.. the earth spins and rotates and so does our lives ..the sun sets and we wake up to a promise of a new beginning.