Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I am proud of myself because I kept going

yaoimaniac November 27th, 2014

I thought about suicide and wanted to end my life a few times. But I continued to hope that it will get better.
I looked forward to the future, and... I am proud of myself.
I accomplished a lot of things. Small as they are, they are more than enough for me.
I am there today, and I made friends, and I got better, and I am still struggling sometimes, but it's alright.
I realized that I am good enough as I am, that my body image is not everything, and that I shouldn't hate myself.
I stopped having regrets.
I stopped putting others first.
I stopped trying to please everyone.
And this makes me want to love myself more. Because I know I deserve better. Some days are still hard. But everything gets better, in the end.

Never give up. Because there are great things ahead of you. You only have to reach out for them.

smileforawhile November 27th, 2014

I truly admire your strength for overcoming all the struggles that you did. I admire you because you kept going, even when you didn't want to. You're an amazing person. Thank you for sharing because your story truly inspired me. I'm so proud of you.

yaoimaniac OP November 27th, 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words.

I went through a lot of bad phrases, but I am glad, in a way. I learned so much from all those experiences and because of this, I am the person I am today. I wouldn't change anything about my life or about myself.
I want others to know this too, that they will get better and that they can learn from their mistakes.
I am glad I inspired you, it's like another goal accomplished (but I don't think the term it's fit for how I feel).

Please stay safe.
And be as kind to yourself as you were with me.

That's the best outlook to have. Your strength and kindness radiates from your responses. You seem like such a wonderful person, never change your positive outlook!

Thank you! I try to have a good outlook, one that can benefit me in the long run. I don't succeed every time, but I don't beat myself over it. There's still time. I don't have to rush myself for nothing.
I will try to get better and better. And maybe one day I will look back and see how much I improved (again).
If you ever need someone, please message me. Even if only for a simple chit-chat. You seem like a really kind and supportive person. I appreciate that.

One day, I truly hope that I'm able to see things like you do. I really admire how you think and see things. You're an amazing person and one day, I know you will look back and see how much you improved again. Thank you, it means a lot. I will.

I appreciate everything you said until now. I really do. I am smiling right now. But I hope you will think and see the world in your own way, because that is what makes it more special (though I understood what you meant).
Please take no offense!
Have a good evening or a good day, wonderful person.

Thank you. I know what you mean and I will. Thank you for your kind and inspiring words. I hope you have a great evening or day as well. :)