Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How to get into exercise

Finny17 January 4th

I am unhappy with the way I look, I’ve gone down some bad paths trying to ‘fix’ it but I want to do it the right way. I love myself and how I look but I would love to lose weight cause ik I’d be EVEN MORE attractive if I did. How do I get into it? I’m also on the heavier side some sometimes doing a workout will genuinely hurt and idk the difference between good hurt and bad hurt. Any advice or ideas , even kind words is greatly appreciated!!

plumSugar2711 January 5th

@Finny17

Hi. Sorry that you're going through this 💖

I love the idea that you love the way you look, but want to get better. That's a growth mindset❤️

Only you shouldn't obsess about it..

Now, about going about it the right way, how about you get a personal trainer? These people are often professionals and will be able to tell you safe ways to shed some weight without hurting yourself, & if it's healthy at all to shed weight, using your BMI

And bear in mind that it's going to be a gradual journey, so be patient with yourself.

In all, know that you're one beautiful soul and the world shines a little brighter because you're in it ❤️

Here's to achieving your goal🥂

jjessj181 February 27th

I understand you, I also really want to lose weight and I'm not very successful at it. A few days ago I found an article on https://betterme.world/articles/eating-less-than-1000-calories-a-day-and-not-losing-weight/ . I began to understand that everything cannot happen at once. I still look good, but to look better - it takes time and a lot of effort. Good luck to everyone in losing weight!

ThoughtLight February 28th

@Finny17 it is very admirable that you've reached out. Your commitment shows. An easy way to get started with any exercise regimen is just start small. That way you go a little more each exercise day to get a feel of any limits or discomfort. I don't know how to describe it, but you will definitely know if it's a bad pain. It feels really sharp. An ache is a sign you did it right. My doctor always says you just need to get your heart accelerated. For me that is dealing with the stairs and at the clinic the elevator doesn't work and it's 3 flights. A brisk walk is an excellent exercise. You've already made the biggest step by being in it mentally. Exercise is just as much mental as it is physical. I bet you do great. My doctor is always on me about my diet methods. The stress diet. There are some pretty good government websites all about exercise regimens and things like that. Or YouTube videos that you could follow along to. Aerobic videos in particular to get the heart pumping. The more you build up the better endurance and everything will be. You sound like a very strong person. If you ever need a pep talk my door is always open. 

lovingRainbows2088 February 29th

@Finny17

How you would get into exercise would be setting some time to exercise like 10 minutes for the couple of weeks then move up to a higher amount of time. I don't know what exercise you like but you can do it whenever you exercise. I hope you are able to lose some weight that you want to lose and you got this. I believe in you . 

Alexzheng07 March 2nd

@Finny17 It's great that you're thinking about getting healthier! Wanting to feel good about yourself is important. To begin, you might talk to a nutritionist or a trainer who can help you make good choices for losing weight safely. When you exercise, it's normal to feel a bit sore, but if it really hurts, you should slow down or stop. Take your time, be kind to yourself, and celebrate every little progress you make. You're already wonderful just as you are, and any changes you decide to make should come from wanting to take care of yourself.

izzyy528 March 4th

@Finny17

It sounds like you've been on quite a journey with your self-image, and it's commendable that you're now seeking a healthier approach. Wanting to feel even more attractive is completely natural, and it's great that you're looking to achieve it in a positive way. It's important to prioritize both your physical and mental well-being.

Starting a new fitness routine can definitely feel daunting, especially if you're not sure about the difference between good and bad pain. It might be helpful to start with low-impact exercises like walking, swimming, or cycling, which can be gentler on your body while still providing effective workouts. Gradually increasing the intensity as you build strength and stamina can help you avoid overexertion.

Remember to listen to your body and give yourself grace along the way. It's okay to take breaks when you need them and to celebrate small victories along your journey. You're already taking a positive step forward, and that in itself is something to be proud of. Keep focusing on loving and caring for yourself, inside and out. You're worth it.