Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

You are allowed to unlearn who you’ve been if it isn’t who you are anymore.

Armytae November 19th, 2022

You are allowed to unlearn who you’ve been if it isn’t who you are anymore.

Our society doesn’t make much room for change to be okay. We’re so often told to choose, to commit, to stay the course… we’re told that if we care about something enough, we’ll do whatever it takes to make it work.

Sometimes, this is true — sometimes, we *will* do whatever it takes. And… sometimes, we’ll realize it just isn’t for us anymore. We’ll realize there are parts of us we want to let go of and leave behind. We’ll realize we don’t feel the same now as we used to. We'll realize our ideas and dreams and visions have changed. We'll realize *we've* changed, which might shift how we want to show up in the world.

When we let shifting, changing, and doing something different be okay, we open ourselves up to the opportunity of reconnecting with our truth and our meaning, over and over. Giving ourselves (and others) permission to redefine who we are throughout our lives is freedom.

What part of you doesn’t quite fit these days?

What story isn’t really true for you anymore?

What pattern isn’t serving you any longer? What role are you filling that you might want to examine deeper?

How are you shifting, changing, and growing?

What are you redefining?

And, how are you making room for all of it to be okay?

Optimisticempath November 19th, 2022

@Armytae lots to ponder uponn😮 thankyou for this very insightful post 💕 and questions!

Armytae OP November 19th, 2022

your welcome ❤️

Listener89104 November 19th, 2022

Daaaaaam amazing! The first line itself was deep enough that the rest wasn't even close 10/20 hindsight, as it might hit everyone differently.

Amazing

Thanks for the post!

Armytae OP November 20th, 2022

@Listener89104 ☺️

georgiagalaxy2 November 23rd, 2022

@Armytae I'm doing this by allowing myself to feel stuff, enjoy stuff, do stuff in my own way, say no, and be honest of my own wishes. I also have this amazing way of not caring what others think <33

miraculousParadise2759 November 23rd, 2022

A very important lesson, thanks for addressing this. Humbling ourselves to see a clearer reality is inevitably a painful process, it's understandable why it's easier to run into carnal distractions and pleasure.

Gettingbettertoday December 15th, 2022

@Armytae

I was once a productive person with goals and passion for what i did.

Now i don't have any direction or any interest in life. I don't know what happen to that person.

wojiaozly123 February 14th, 2023

Hatred, distrust and hurt. Those are my old programs

I am a victim of this world and I don't have power to control my life

What pattern isn’t serving you any longer? What role are you filling that you might want to examine deeper?

The distrust pattern and I am trying to view things in a different way

I try my best to be as mindful as I can everyday, and I utilize 7 cups and other self-help tools and videos a lot

What are you redefining?

What kind of person I am

I am trying to build more meaningful connections in my life

creativeShip7180 February 23rd, 2023

@Armytae thank you. This is exactly what I needed today.

I am no longer an angry person or argumentative person, and my values and temperament have become more moderate.

I'm no longer being hurt by those people in my family and community who used to be so volatile towards me, and no longer need to be defensive.

I no longer want to surround myself with people who are angry, thoughtless, or who don't understand the person I am now.

I am becoming more rational, more emotionally open with other people in my personal circles, and I am no longer reading news and things that will scare me just to hear my own viewpoints.

What are you redefining?

I'm redefining my values as being someone who is thoughtful and open, rather than argumentative. I am redefining what love means to me.

I'm allowing myself to have disagreements in safe spaces and i am learning to accept that my views and personality may change and that is a very good and natural thing. I'm reminding myself I am a human not a character, and no matter what the only person who's opinion matters is me.

PiecesOfWhoeverIWas February 29th

I’ve been realizing that most of the problems I’ve had with difficult people in my life are directly linked to my personality. I’m generally pretty quiet, friendly, and agreeable. I’m a good listener and don’t like conflict, so even if I disagree with what they’re saying or I feel hurt, I’ll just smile and nod politely until I can leave the situation. I try to avoid anyone who makes me uncomfortable instead of saying how I feel. If I do get to a point where I have to say how I feel, I’ll sugar coat things to try to avoid their anger or hurting their feelings. Or they just dismiss it as if I didn’t say anything. Unfortunately, I think the more I try to avoid people I don’t like, the more they pursue me. I end up in constant stress when I have to be around them.

So what I’d like to change is being more authentic and honoring myself better. I want to present myself better when first meeting someone so that they respect me more from the beginning. It seems like when I try to stand up for myself now, they just keep wanting me to go back to how I was, so they’ll pout or make sideways comments to communicate their displeasure with me. This is like family of my spouse, so I can’t just get them out of my life. I think I just need to let people get mad and be ok with that.