Sam4Support December 29th, 2022

Here is a fun little reflective journal prompt to ask yourself:

"In what social situations do you feel most confident/comfortable in?"

Take a moment to reflect on the question and see what comes to mind! ☺️

Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 29th, 2022

@Words0fShe

Hello She, welcome to the community! I love your bio, quite aesthetic hehe! ❤

Thankyou for this reflective question!

I feel the most comfortable around people I enjoy spending time with, or social settings that I'm mentally prepared for or am familiar with, the people included etc.

How about you?

Sam4Support OP December 31st, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

I appreciate that. 😊

I feel similar to what you mentioned. It brings a sense of comfort to be able to go into a social situation feeling prepared for what it may involve.

I enjoy being around those who lift me up, it supports my effort of being in the present moment. :)

Thank you for sharing, Sun! 🌞

Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 31st, 2022

@Sam4Support

Being in the moment and being around uplifting people who help us *be* is so important, thankyouu too, for allowing us to reflect! ❤ (I love the color choice here haha)

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

I agree, couldn't have said it any better! And thank you hehe :)

cafedaydreams December 31st, 2022

I'm the most comfortable with people I am very close to, such as family and best friends.

@cafedaydreams

It's great to have a person or group of people you feel most comfortable being around. It sounds like you have a few people in mind, like your best friends and close family. ☺️

Thanks so much for sharing, cafedaydreams! 😊

PeacefulRose172 December 31st, 2022

I feel the most comfortable and confident in social settings that include my coworkers and friends I’ve gained from work. Yes, I know, kind of weird. But there were times where i saw my coworkers more than my family and friends outside of work. So I developed close friendships with them and I’m completely myself around them.

@PeacefulRose172

That's awesome to have a good group of supporting people to work with. It's amazing how friends and coworkers can give the same support and energy as family, isn't it? It's great being around people who help "activate" the best in us and help create that comfortable "home away from home" vibe.

Thanks for sharing!✌️🌹

Chrissxn December 31st, 2022

@Sam4Support

Anywhere I'm with friends! But if I'm alone, nowhere haha

Sam4Support OP January 2nd, 2023

@Chrissxn

Being around others who help bring that sense of comfort and confidence opens up many opportunities to recognize to those feelings when around other people/situations. It is lovely to have friends you are comfortable expressing yourself around. Thank you so much for sharing! 😊

darlala December 31st, 2022

i feel more comfortable/confident when the person im talking to is actually into the topic im into(talking about) not when they are just like “yeah” or they just leave me out and ignore me.

@darlala

That is an excellent point you brought up. I think many people could relate to this. Having a common interest or conversation with others who genuinely care about what you're talking about would help bring feelings of comfort/confidence. If I were talking to someone who was intrigued by what I was saying would definitely make it easier to feel comfortable in social situations.

Thanks for sharing! 🌹

determinedWheel5358 December 31st, 2022

@Sam4Support

I am most comfortable in places where I've been before with people that I know and can trust their behavior as consistent and calm. To juxtapose, I'm least comfortable in big spaces with lots of people I don't know.

@determinedWheel5358

I hear you. The setting and scene of people in an environment have a part in feeling comfortable. Knowing ahead of time helps better prepare and identify possible uncomforting emotions. I see that you are able to recognize places/settings that resonate best with your comfort level in social settings. 🌻

Thanks for sharing!!

Gettingbettertoday January 4th, 2023

@Sam4Support

I am sometimes comfortable enough to teach small groups. There is no situation that feel fully comfortable in.

willingSugar9815 January 4th, 2023

@Sam4Support

Highly uncomfortable, how is everyone today?

PiecesOfWhoeverIWas February 29th

I don’t feel comfortable in many social situations. But when I have felt comfortable, it was around people with similar interests like being able to talk about deep topics. I also like lighthearted card games and things, where the people are similar personalities not too loud or rude. I like when people are chill and don’t put a lot of expectations on me, that’s probably the biggest thing.