Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Awareness Of Breathing

Lakshmi108 April 14th, 2020

Very aware of my breathing this morning. My breaths are coming easier, longer, and deeper than I can remember them being before.

Theres a delicious warmth that I feel in my sinuses, nose, throat, lungs, and diaphragm.

Really strong sensation in my throat, that Ive never experienced before.

I love that my relationship with my Inner Being and body is constantly evolving.After all these years, they continue to surprise and delight me.

Tiffaniwolfe1967 April 14th, 2020

@Lakshmi108

i want to learn how to be more mindful

do you have any advice for someone just starting out

Lakshmi108 OP April 16th, 2020

@Tiffaniwolf1967

The first step that I recommend is to pay close attention to how you feel. Allow yourself to be okay with where you are: no analysis or judgment. Go for accepting where you are, and see if you can find things about it to appreciate.

Make choices that feel good to you: What you give your attention to, your thoughts, and what you do.

The next step, when you feel ready, is to spend 15 minutes a day meditating. Find something to focus on that distracts you from thinking. Listening to the low hum of a fan works for me. (You can use an app for this sound.) Your goal is to stop thought. Even a second or two really helps.

These are the two practices that I do every day.

Tiffaniwolfe1967 April 16th, 2020

@Lakshmi108

thank you

I will try it

Antoniette12 April 14th, 2020

@Lakshmi108

Im happy for your current state. Can you please share the steps you took to get to where you are mentally and spiritually?

Lakshmi108 OP April 16th, 2020

@Anoniette12 Please see the other reply I gave to this post for this.

YoungPonderer111 June 22nd, 2020

@Lakshmi108 so happy to hear that you're able to connect with your body like that. It's truly a blessing

Goldcherry2113 April 14th, 2020

I had a beautiful mindful morning. It was much needed