Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Thinking Psychologically Philosophical...

ThoughtBubbleExpess July 27th, 2022

✨️🥳 Hi There Amazing People!! 🥳✨️ I'm ThoughtsBubbleExpress, a new listener and a new member here at the mindfulness community. 💭🚞

I would love to ponder with you an interesting, reflective question that I came across during one of my class lectures and I hope it intrigues you even a little bit.

Some people believe that nothing they do matters but other people believe that everything they do has a consequence.

What if you had realised that your every thought, feeling and action has a definite and timeless ripple effect?

What would happen if you came to know and realise that your every action, every behaviour, every outburst, every agreement, was to impact something else or someone else in some way. That your every move did not stand one in isolation and that is going to effect or impact someone else or something else. 

• How much more conscientious and virtuous might you be then willing to become?

Taglist:

>>Add Name To/Remove Name From Taglist<<

@24x7Awesome @303315 @AddictedTealover98 @adocker @adrjust1 @adventurousfan @Ady23 @aifos1976 @AjanMalic @alexisj070 @alfalfasproutdeux @alleywood13 @allyswift @alphav7 @Alwaysinpyjamas @amarifey @ambitiouschestnut9158 @ambitiouscity3124 @amiablePeace77 @amicableBlackberry1972 @AMusicalSilence @AnActiveListener @AnastasiaSmith @Andreawa @anonymouslistener23 @ArborealGiggle13 @arnoldziffler1 @artisaweapon @asilentobserver @Asimov @astray @AveryLove @Azalia1109 @babybenfin @badoinkitydoop @basty @behindhazeleyes @beloved316 @benevolentOrange31 @BetterTogether101 @BillyWilson @bk20102kb @blindfaith @BlueberryFriend @blueDiamond @BlueMossWeaver27 @blueocean @blueocean45 @blueTown7167 @bluewolf1229 @borderinline @bottomofthelist @bouncySeal96 @brainybrainy @brendenjensen @BridgetAileen @brightChestnut4066 @brilliantTurtle89 @brilliomturtle89 @Brooklynn @bubbleBalsam6602 @BuddhistDracula @busyemptymind @butterlycow @cafedaydreams @callforhelp @callmecaliflower @calmHero86 @caramelbunny @Catlover1993 @Char1otte @chayton @Chocolateandcakes @ChristmasGift @Claito @cloudySummer @colorfulStrawberry3048 @compassionatelistener108 @cookeybear @cosmicats @courageousCake401 @courtmarievibes @crang17 @creativeKite5633 @CrismsonLime6525 @CrissiArabela @CurrySoup12 @Cutelittlepie1 @Cyanapricot8399 @cyanWater7627 @Darius08 @decisiveOcean892 @deepblueCoconut000 @Deeperblue @diplomaticconfucious @diplomaticShade2167 @discreetOwl14 @discreetSquare2053 @DLynn88911221 @DoctorWho11 @dtanushree @dynamicHemlock1736 @easyMango9861 @echovoice @elmira73 @emilyLanes @EmOnTheGo @empathicForest15 @EmunahHere @enigmaforte @EnigmaForte @epitium @equanimousCosmos @ErRoach @essdee @Evaparker02 @Everythingisbetterinyourpyjamas @evie @ExpectoPatronumm @exuberantOcean6739 @faiirygiirl @Fairhouse @fighter23 @FreeSoul1417 @friendlyEars8792 @frozenmermaid @gentlePeace76 @ghofrane @GhostInTheShellx @girlygamerkilz @Goldcherry2113 @goldentown96 @gongoozlersoup19 @gracefuldeadlyswan @groundedexplorer @GusteeMoon123 @happydandan @happylove2611 @Harleemoon @healinghearts0718 @healingWhisper @HeckhoundBreaker5 @helpfulBranch221 @helpfulHuman4993 @helpfullBranch221 @Hereyzzil @honestplane3797 @honeypie720 @hopefulArrow2212 @hopefulnatural @hopeless104 @houserabbitsrule @humorouscamp915 @Hyacinth22 @Icicle0212 @IcyLight @incredibleWatermelon1029 @indigoCup1959 @InfinityandBeyond23 @intellectualDrum3128 @intelligentWind3206 @interactivec @inventiveOrange1 @InvisibleAngel92 @Itsybitsyspider91 @Ivy229 @JasmineWhite @jayahere @JayTheBird14 @Jenna0903 @JenSee @Joe2017 @Jonsi @JoyIntoDarkness @joyoussun45 @joyoussun47 @Julian2703 @justconfuses87 @JustLikeMellie @JustMarije @JZack45 @K87 @KACOSMIC @Kanzi @KarrotCake @keion @kevan @kindCloud141 @kirtokun0731 @klemen @knowledge57 @Kodachrome73 @KokoroHereForYou @Kumiko @kvo8 @ladibugca @Learntolive @leothelittlelioncub1 @letspreadhappiness @LetsSpreadHappiness @LG22 @lia345 @Lifeislove123 @lightforlife @lightofhope89 @LilaGrace @lilboom9 @LilyLila @lilynoelle @Lionellinu13 @longing4peace @Lovejoy @lovelyWords13 @LovetoGod @maibock @marissa6 @marsmoon @Mellietronx @melliontm @MISSMEGHAN @MistyMagic @mistypanorama @mitch11 @motivationalhomegirl @MountainClarity @Musicismyfriend @NancySV1 @nans17 @natg @navyFarm1407 @Neonpaint21 @Nerdtastic @NevaehRose @niceDaisy36 @niceLion789 @niceTangerine6642 @NoDramaBabyLlama @NoneTheWiser @NotQuiteBlue @nourrirvotreame @obie2 @Ohemdieldi @Olivia210 @onerandomguy @Onlyonefollower @onwardforevenmore @optimisticRaspberries5247 @oxfordshiregatsby @P4ND0R4 @parisayano @passionateCircle3866 @peacefulLily4008 @peacefulwarrior10 @peachStrawberries1909 @penguinpower31 @peppermintlove @peterman @philispohicalShip9444 @PiecesofYou @Pininin @PinkDaisy83 @PinkMallow @pinkpurpleblue15 @Pinnae @piscesmoon @pizzalover1341 @pluckyAcai7322 @politeAvocado7234 @politecare2971 @politelychaotic @politeskies6536 @polks @positiveRiver9935 @princessd @princessofcurcus @probius @psalm139 @psychespirit @PurpleNina @PurpleSnowflake2310 @rachelq @Raindrops00 @raininglillies13 @raspberry985 @Raspberrybeach @rationaltiger8083 @Ravenclaw7 @Rcusick12 @redLunch4107 @Rehan00 @reliableWater8763 @Reokiome0928 @resourcefulbear6750 @rezasophiea @Romulus1776 @RoninSelecta @Rosa9570 @rosesway @royalGrapes @royalmilkbee @rumplesteeleskin @RynnTheBedouin @Sageypie @Saif1for1Resilience @sail46 @SaimaK @Santysan @SarilinaN @SavoyTruffle20 @scarletMaple3081 @ScarletPear1945 @scarletPear1945 @ScotchTape @seacastle @sealie @SecretlyMe @Seeker1898 @sendingyoulove @SensitiveApple @sensitiveShade5337 @SentientCozyTeacup @SharpiePen @ShiningSalamander99 @Shriya546 @Shweta555 @shy @silverIceCream21 @SilverSeastar @silverWillow1625 @singblue @Sk1ttles @SkolSuper1976 @sleeplessinmanhattan @Softforesthsp77 @softPoetry23 @soulrestorer102 @soulsings @SparklingSnowflake15 @Spearstar @Stardew3 @starhawkemystery @stayingsanne @stillLavender24 @stillplanet @sujaypai @summertimesamness @SunFern @SunFlower @supportingearthangel @sweetlife101 @sweetmango91 @sweetMelody95 @sweetrosa1987 @Teresa416 @TheMandalorian @thepeacefulguy @ThePersonYouCanNeverKnow @TheRoseHeartz @TheSciKid @thoughtfulmomma @Tiggergirl @TimidMike @tisjme @TrinnitysLight81 @tygo @Umbrella89 @unkindloving @Vargasb @VickyP @victoriia @Violiness @warmheartedFarm7120 @Wawas @westvirginia @wildcat85 @windSpirit @Worrior22Warrior @xandia @XxOgSpunBbygrl @Youarelovelyy @yzzil @zeraphim

soulsings July 27th, 2022

@ThoughtBubbleExpess thanks for the thread.

If everything mattered I would spend my time a lot more carefully doing activities that helped me in the long run rather than just frittering away my time with things that do not matter in the long run.

ThoughtBubbleExpess OP July 28th, 2022

After a few seconds of reading it, I was purely determined to change my life paths, even the tiniest habits and be a lot more careful..... But I already gave up since I realized we can't ever be perfect and the emphasis here is “what if” 😂😅

Icd11fail July 28th, 2022

@ThoughtBubbleExpess

"How much more conscientious and virtuous might you be then willing to become?"

I would like to share two possible perspectives that I find likely to occur:

1) "You" defined as general persons:

Nothing would change. Regardless of factual effect, societal construction of perceived reality would completely mask the actual natures of the true reality.

An example: in our reality, social "rules", which vary by region, period, and culture, inflict faulty restrictions and imagined boundaries upon us. These rules are upheld by consequences regarding one's actions within the group, or social area of effect, and enforced by other members of said group. Act accordingly within the group rules, one gains social rewards, but act against or outside of the group rules, and one (occasionally associated parties of, as well) face negative implications. This negates moral realities, and demands the majority's false ideas to be generally agreed upon to be true, or "natural" ("normal").

2) "You" defined as the singular person, specifically, me:

I already feel that is the case of our current reality (based, of course, on our faith in our senses' integrities). Though, the complication mentioned above is a substantial deterrent to any who may realize even the smallest indication of a possible, fractional, meager idea of range that some (perceived as) massively, indisputably impactful action may have outside of their societal bubble, which itself is but a vapor in comparison of "our view" of our existences timeline.

All in all:

I would challenge anyone who may cross this post,

(and who may be in need of a break)

to allow themself a moment.

Ground yourself, breathe, calm your body and mind.

Let your thoughts come and go. It's alright to recognize them, but don't engage.

Give yourself permission to

just be

and breathe

😌

_1658971518.Screenshot_20220727-212412_Google.jpg

(Note: my inference of this quote is "don't fight the past, focus all of your energy on the present, with intent of progress toward a future goal or self made positive environment)

Can I be honest about everything you said please? Everything you said, I couldn't understand all of it since my brain is very tiny and English isn't my first language so these ideas are a little complex for me to understand and respond to because I want to understand your perspective better. Can we please communicate this idea in a bit more simpler ways, please?

Icd11fail July 29th, 2022

@ThoughtBubbleExpess

Im sorry.

I don't think you're brain is small, I can't even speak other languages. You're pretty cool.

Social norms make a fake view of the world. That makes realizing your actions reach most likely will not change anything. May be that way already.

ThoughtsBubbleExpress August 14th, 2022

Thanks a lot @Icd11fail

I believe that the things we accept as reality is something that we experience from our perspective but there may be universal truths and principles outside of our understanding that we don't acknowledge.

For the reason of my believe I would like to refer to a book called “Allegory of the cave - Plato”, which was written around 380 B.C.E. Which is an allegory presented by the The Greek philosopher Plato, in his work The Republic to compare “The effect of education and the lack of it on our nature”.

And about the graphic and the challenge, it's a great thing to loosen ourselves sometimes during the day since we don't quite focus on our breathing patterns most of the time. Even the tiniest thing like a few deep breaths can work wonders and it can easily become a mindfulness routine, if we do this at least even 3 times a day. Another grounding exercise I love is the 5-4-3-2-1 technique for grounding your senses.

Letting the thoughts pass by is what I struggle with the most, I don't know how to just let them slip away like that without getting involved.

It's so true that we shouldn't fight our past since they're an important part of us, growing from it and making us who we are today. But I would like to say that we shouldn't even a lot of time reflecting on the past but still, we should make peace with it and make sure we don't hate our past selves.

Thanks a lot for your ideas and responses. I really appreciate it :)

Hope you have a great day/ night :D

Icd11fail July 29th, 2022

@ThoughtBubbleExpess

It takes practice, you will get there.

Everything starts with a first time. No one's first try is ever perfect.

Thank you for your kindness. 😊

ThoughtsBubbleExpress August 14th, 2022

You're welcome :)

HealingTalk July 28th, 2022

@ThoughtBubbleExpess

Hi!

Thank you for your thought-provoking thread!

I think the problem is presented in what might be a bit deterministic, and black-or-white perspective.

There is uncertainty in the effects of all we do.

Some actions might get expanded results, while others will die out...

In any case, I think, we should do what's right on its own merit, not just because of its (uncertain) effects.

For example, even if it doesn't finally help (you can't know beforehand), you must try to support a person going through a hard time, because it's the right thing to do.

From the perspective of consequences, (even uncertain), you are responsible for your every act. You must avoid potentially harmful acts, even if you think they will be inconsequential, and act in positive ways even if you suspect that that won't have any lasting effect.

Because you never know. There might be consequences. And you are responsible for those.

So it's not necessary that we are certain of the ulterior influence of our acts to determine the right course of action.

Even under uncertainty, we should do what's good and abstain from what's wrong to do, both because it's the right thing to do on its own terms, and because it might have consequences, for which we are responsible.

On the other hand, the search for what's right and what's wrong to do, is a crucial personal search in our life.

But that's a matter for another discussion...

Hello there Healing, that's a very wise perspective, thanks for your response.

The question was just an idea presented to you and now it's totally up to you, what possibilities do you imagine out of it, to provide a little more context, the lecture was about eudemonia and a virtuous lifestyle (growth-centred lifestyle)

I agree that there might always be a catch to all our decisions and choices we make but it's up to you, which one of the outcomes you consider uncertain.

I understand your perspective, about accountability and that we should always be accountable for all our actions, consequences and behaviours.

MiaAN00 July 28th, 2022

@ThoughtBubbleExpess

thanks for the question! I definitely suffer from being too tied to the individual things and reactions that they bring

I desire to be mindful outside of my self, to seek meaning and beauty in others and in nature

I am mindful of the ties to the delusions of society that serve me but I am not tied to what they expect of me. I am ever-changing

ThoughtsBubbleExpress July 28th, 2022

You're welcome, Mia! What more do you feel about being too tied to individual things and reactions?

You mean you want to grow more awareness towards your environment? Wish we all could do that sometimes and notice the beauty around us in nature :) and I love your growth mindset, I'm glad you're not giving into the strings of society

Torean July 28th, 2022

@ThoughtBubbleExpess

It's a good thing to think about. I think that everything we do sends a message, some messages more powerful or useful than others, and vice versa.

I feel like life is too messy to focus on always trying to do the "right" and "good" thing, but I believe in being ethical and having awareness of our actions... And, of course, overall, not causing harm, deceiving, etc. To me, I want to focus more on acting as myself, developing that self to be better, and ultimately sending out the best messages in my actions that I'm capable of at the time. Effects are usually discreet, but it's the little things that mean everything sometimes.

ThoughtsBubbleExpress July 29th, 2022

Hello Torean! Thanks for your response.

That sure is, all our actions and behaviour have messages and consequences of their own.

I love how you said that it's the little things that mean everything sometimes ❤️✨