Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Acts of Kindness

xoxopanda3 July 1st, 2020

Hi everyone! Whenever I hear acts of kindness stories from other people, they always make me smile, so I was hoping that we could all share a story about an act of kindness we've seen to spread the positivity!

Here's mine: When I was around 6 years old, I went with my mom to pick up food from a local restaurant. While we were waiting in line, I noticed that there was a young, college-aged man sitting at a table nearby eating with another man who was clearly homeless. The college-aged man completely paid for both of their meals, and they seemed to be having a great time talking and laughing with each other. I know that this is not a super uncommon story or anything, but it's something that's stuck with me since I was little and it really changed how I saw the world. Small acts of kindness have big impact :)

If you have any stories of kindness you've seen, please share! I would love to hear them :)

juliak1968 July 2nd, 2020

@xoxopanda3

One day in particular comes to mind when I did something to put a smile on an otherwise friendly face. One day I was having a great time jetskiing and giving a few people short rides. I stopped at a dock and people wanted to see my jetski, a handicapped girl in her 30's was saying how much fun she saw I was having and I offered her a ride. Her family was extremly worried, but I assured them it was safe. I hooked her life vest tightly to mine and put one extra line from her to me and off we went. I gave her an exillerating fast but safe ride, gradually turning and carving the water, then at 50mph on mirror calm water and around and around again. Every time I looked back at her face and eyes I could see pure joy and appreciation. I'll never forget how happy that ride made her and I, and when we got back, her family was so pleased and thankful. It sure felt good to be able to share the awesome fun with a person that never thought she'd be able to have that experience.πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

🚀

fearlessWriter78 July 16th, 2020

@juliak1968 That is such an amazing story!

juliak1968 July 16th, 2020

@fearlessWriter78

I wish I could get another nice jetski so I could take you for a fun ride on a nice calm Day

πŸ˜„πŸš€

Blessings, Day

fearlessWriter78 July 16th, 2020

@juliak1968 That would be amazing! 😁

juliak1968 July 16th, 2020

@fearlessWriter78

Indeed, my life preservers we're called Liquid Chaos πŸ˜ƒ

Let's ride the glassy smooth watersπŸ€—

fearlessWriter78 July 17th, 2020

@juliak1968 I'm down lol

cyanPlatypus6370 July 14th, 2020

@xoxopanda3

cyanPlatypus6370 July 14th, 2020

Kiss Hug Kiss Hug back to you, Panda smiley

I've been thinking of this Be Kind challenge for probably a week now. Today I finally finished the cards. Now all I have left to do is put them on my door - the outside of the door. I live in an apartment building, 2nd floor. I've used note cards (4x6 in size). Each card has one word on it ... "How have you been kind today?" (I wrote the KIND in all caps like that and the question mark has it's own card too.) I've prepared my masking tape and just need to attach the cards to my door. I hope my "on my floor" neighbors will be open to this - and even more I hope my Property Manager will allow me to keep the cards on MY door. She can be a real jerk about anything that is different, unusual, unique, or personalized about the space outside our apartment doors. (i.e. no shoes in hallway, no Welcome mats at the door ...) So far she has not said anything about things actually ON the door, so I'll try.

Happy Random Acts of Kindness-ing to everyone! :) Platy

@xoxopanda3

LadyDair August 27th, 2020

@cyanPlatypus6370

I'm completely in love with this idea, and can't wait to see how it works out for you!

placidAvocado2692 February 28th, 2021

@xoxopanda3. A few years ago I was out paying for my meal at the restaurant where I worked. Out of the blue I felt an urge to go hug a lady I saw. Feeling awkward and not sure how to approach a random stranger with offers of a hug, I told my fellow employee that I wanted to pay for the stuffed dog the lady was holding. That lady got a server to come find me. Turns out she was buying that stuffed dog in honor of her mom whom she had lost the previous year. She was having a rough day and what I had done for her really meant a lot. * I also was able to give her that hug πŸ€—. I think this interaction helped me as much as it did her...

exquisitePeace7976 December 20th, 2021

@xoxopanda3

A wonderful story! Thank you for sharing