Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I am kinda having a wtf moment with my girlfriend

Kat6123 April 24th, 2020

look- i know she is busy, but i realized that she hasnt talked to me in almost 2 days! I really like her, and i know she likes me, I am just confused. A few days ago we were talking for hours on facetime. I know she is probably just busy, because her school load is still big, but bruh, attention please? I know she will just text back and i will get over myself, but still...

Am I just crazy or insecure? or would this also annoy other people?

Cathy27 April 24th, 2020

@Kat6123 It's been 2 days already? Wow no I understand that. I wouldn't like that at all but you should talk to her about it she needs to talk to you even if it's for a bit. It's not right to ignore you.

2trusttheprocess April 28th, 2020

You

Conniexo May 2nd, 2020

@Kat6123 I think you should message her and ask where you stand with her. It's best to be open with how you're feeling and it clarifys things

winterynights May 4th, 2020

@Kat6123 It's totally normal to feel that way, you're definetely not crazy. Especially when she's someone you love, it hurts to be ignored. I would suggest if the both could talk it out properly to one another! ☺️

TaranWanderer April 24th, 2020

@Kat6123 it's possible she doesn't know this bothers you! I know for some people, like you (and me), it feels annoying or personal when someone doesn't contact you every day, because for us it feels like it should be an indicator that you care about someone. But not everyone feels that way, it's possible your girlfriend doesn't see frequent contact as important for showing you care, it might not even cross her mind that it could be annoying to someone else! Especially if she's busy, it's weird times. And I also don't know your girlfriend, but if she has anxiety or depression, that may play a role in her ability to contact you. (For example, she may not want to be annoying, or may not have the energy to text you, etc).

The best thing to do here, and really a good rule for having a healthy relationship in general, is to just be open and honest about how you're feeling. If something she does annoys you, talk to her about it rather than keeping it inside and hoping she notices. Letting her know things that are important to you help keep expectations clear. But you have to also be willing to work with her comforts as well, and come to an agreeable middle ground.

Kat6123 OP April 28th, 2020

@Kat6123

Kat6123 OP April 28th, 2020

@Kat6123 we talked and it is because of her mental health that she is having trouble communicating! We worked it out so i spam her then she reviews all the messages eventually and responds! a pretty good system- it was a suggestion from a friend!