Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Mixed signals 😵‍💫

CallMeVirgil November 16th, 2021

I’m so confused. There’s this girl I am friends with, we have been friends for about 5 years. Out of these 5 years, I’ve had a crush on her for 4. I don’t know what is so special about her. She used to be so terrible to me, because she had a manipulative friend that kept convincing her to do things that hurt me mentally. She’s caused a lot of problems for me but I keep forgiving her. After all of this, I lost feelings. But then things started getting better and now they’re back, and I’m not sure what to do. Why is she so special to me? Then I always figured she didn’t like me. I told her before I liked her, and she didn’t like me back. Then I told her when I lost feelings, so she doesn’t know I like her again. Sometimes I flirt with her, for fun, we both enjoy it, but she still makes it obvious that she is not interested in me at all. But yesterday I was texting my friends and I asked them “if I shoot my shot what chu saying?” And she said “maybe yes 👀”

I can’t tell if she was joking or serious. I asked if she was for real, but she changed the subject. I’m not sure what to do.. should I shoot my shot??

(SHES pansexual btw and I’m a bi/aspec girl)

Jet01 November 16th, 2021

Hello @CallMeVirgil, relationships are super confusing, and mixed signals are the worst. I thinking it might be a good idea to wait maybe a few days or so, and feel it out and see if she does anything else like she did with the eyes emoji. And then if she does then shoot your shot. But if you feel like it is a good idea to shoot your shot now, then go for it. Just make sure to feel it out a little bit first. You know her well if you have known her for 5 years, so go with your gut and trust yourself. I hope things work out well.

Best of Wishes,

Jet01

CallMeVirgil OP November 17th, 2021

Thanks, Jet! What you said is really true, but unfortunately it’s a bit more complex that that 😅 I appreciate you trying to help, though!!