Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I need some advice😭😭

Crumusic April 12th, 2023

tbh idk what to put for the select topic. I'm still in high school so im way too lazy to read what all of that means. but *** i need some sorta support so yeah.

Idk if im les or bi or straight and im rly new to the LGBTQ+ community. I have alot of questions. Like why do ppl say my pronouns are ...? Also i neeed to know if anything i said was rude because i swear i didn't mean to.

fruityPond7887 April 17th, 2023

@Crumusic Hi Cru! I hope you are doing well. While we can't offer advice here at 7 Cups, we can definitely support you along the way and maybe offer some suggestions! I can understand how you may be feeling in regards to the stress in finding out who you are. I know society likes to have a lot of labels, but I like to encourage people to just be themselves and you will learn along the way more about who you are. Don't put a lot of pressure on putting yourself into a box. Just try to enjoy the moment and where you are now. Have fun and explore life! There's no need to know exactly who you are right now! Everything will work out with time! ❤️

Crumusic OP April 20th, 2023

@fruityPond7887

Thank you!❤️ I will enjoy life, its just hard sometimes with so much stress.😔

fruityPond7887 April 21st, 2023

@Crumusic Oh no, I totally understand how you are feeling ❤️ Life is super stressful and can be very difficult to enjoy at times. We are here with you through all the hard times, and the happy ones too!

TheArtistSystem April 19th, 2023

@Crumusic

if it makes u feel anybetter i am still learning abt myself im transgender and bi i think but go with the flow (ik ik that sounds hippy) but its true find people who are willing to help u out!

Crumusic OP April 20th, 2023

@NoahAnimates

Thank you so much! That's really reassuring. BTW i'm still figuring it out but i came out to two of my friends. One of the is transgender and bi so they understood and helped me relate. They're both really supportive!

Justmeforyou April 20th, 2023

@Crumusic

I understand that you're new to the LGBTQ+ community. Welcome! I also see you're feeling uncertain about your sexual orientation. It's completely normal to feel this way, and it's okay to take your time to figure things out. Remember, there's no right or wrong way to be yourself. There is no stopwatch timing you to make sure you complete it by such and such date.

As for people using your pronouns, it's important to respect an individual's gender identity and to refer to them in the way they prefer. Using someone's correct pronouns is a simple yet powerful way to show that you accept and support them for who they are.

Regarding your concern about being rude, I want you to know that it takes a lot of courage to speak up and ask questions. It shows that you're eager to learn and grow, and that's something to be proud of. It's okay to make mistakes, and it's even more okay to apologize and learn from them.

Keep asking questions and exploring who you are. You're not alone, and there are many resources available to help you navigate your journey. Remember to be kind to yourself and to others, and everything will fall into place. I am a 7cups listener who is LGBTQ, so I understand where you are coming from.

JustMeForYou

Crumusic OP April 21st, 2023

@Justmeforyou

Thank you! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Aayla April 21st, 2023

@Crumusic hi and welcome! It's alright, things can be confusing at first. Let's deal with one matter a time!

- Your orientation: it can be hard to tell whether you're bi or lesbian. You can try to imagine yourself in different scenarios in which you're engaged physically/emotionally with men or women or people of any gender. How do those fantasies make you feel? Do you have a positive reaction, a neutral one, or is it something that doesn't feel appealing at all? Your response to that can help you determine your orientation. Remember that it's possible to be bisexual but still have a preference for one specific gender.

- "My pronouns are..." is a sentence people use to specify how they want to be adressed (like masculine, feminine or neutral pronouns). They do that because it's not always possibly to tell which gender people identify with only by looking at them, so it's good to say it openly to avoid misunderstandings.

- Everyone can sometimes accidentally say something offensive, what truly matters is to always try and be kind and respectful, and if we make a mistake we can apologize and learn how to do better next time.

Welcome to the community!

Crumusic OP April 24th, 2023

@Aayla

Thank you for such a warm welcome. That first bit of advice really helped!