Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How do i express discomfort over the fact that my friend does support my sexuality, but not my gender?

Samahmira January 26th

Hello! For some context to my title: My friend, who is lgbtqia+ herself, has been very accepting about my asexuality and aromanticness, but has trouble adapting to me being genderqueer. She does has me saved as my chosen name, but still with my born name after it. I dont mind such thing, because it can be a big step. But, she has made several comments that imply that im still a girl. I dont like it, but i am not brave enough to really tell her on the spot. Im sure she will accept it and apologise, but i still feel bad about confronting her. Could i have some help about how i should do it?

Optimisticempath February 2nd

@Samahmira

aw maybe you can try sitting with her and tell her patiently that you are grateful she is taking steps to accept you more but that you don't like when she isn't and would want her to be more mindful about it... hopefully a calm conversation helps 💕

Samahmira OP February 6th

@Optimisticempath Thanks for the reaction! I have said a comment about it to her and she was pretty cool with it. Thanks for the help!

Optimisticempath February 10th

@Samahmira vv happy for you :)