Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Genderfluidy? Feeling confused

Eliot0ish November 2nd, 2022

About half a year ago I started thinking I may be genderfluid. One day i woke up terribly hating my feminine traits. Whole day i felt *** about myself, and was extremely confused if I'm trans. Next day it was fine. I started looking back and realized I never actually felt like a girl, so I did some research and genderfluidy poped up. Most days i feel like a boy or neither or both. It's kinda hard to explain. I rearely feel like a girl, wich is pretty troublesome considering I have a body of one. I really like name Eliot and i think it fits me ( makes me feel nice )I saved some money and bought myself a binder, and it was an awesome thing. Honestly, love it 💕

I tried telling my mum but she said it's just how people with autism are ( because she read a but about autistic people feeling different about gender and sexuality) Personally I consider myself pansexual. I always thought that gender was just some biology and it doesn't matter when it comes to falling in love, and never understood straight or gay people(no offense).

And I'm feeling kinda scared. What if I'm just making the whole genderfluidy thing up? I honestly don't know what to thing or feel.

Is there anyone genderfluid out there? If yes then could you please share your story?

Thank for listening

-Eliot

EmotionsListener November 4th, 2022

@Eliot0ish

That sounds like it would be very confusing for you to experience, and the dismissive messaging from your mother probably makes it that much harder to understand what is going on for you. I am not genderfluid personally so I can't speak to that experience but I do hope that some of our other genderfluid members will speak up and share.

You may also want to use the filters at the right side of the forum page to sort for Gender Identity Support to find threads about people who are questioning their gender or experiencing genderfluidity. You can also search the term "genderfluid" and find some posts from others who have dealt with this topic.

I'm sorry I do not have more to offer by way of experience, but I do hope that some of those threads and posts may provide you with some comfort and understanding.

LonleyCheese November 5th, 2022

Hi! I'm Henry, and I might be genderfluid?? I haven't really got an idea, but I know that I'm probably not (just?) a girl as I was born that way anyway. I haven't really told people except maybe ten people I know in person, and I'm still trying to figure everything out. Fun thing is, since I'm in middle school I don't really have access to online shopping therefore binders even though I have enough money. Genderfluidity is a difficult thing for many people to understand, even if that's someone who is experiencing it. Probably particularly on how someone wants to be refferred to as (pronouns) or the way society might see them based on what they wear. And don't get me started on public restrooms! I had a freind over yesterday and I think that they are cis, but he mentioned wanting to try on a skirt. So I was like, yeah let's go! And he looked cute! Not necesarily the skirt, but how happy he was wearing it. Except he was really shy about ti and afraid someone else would see. While labels can be affirming and nice and all the good stuff, sometimes it's nice to rest for a minute and just do what you like, even if you're the only one seeing it. And if he's ever ready, he can borrow the skirts because I don't need all of them. And if genderfluid might not feel like the right label, you could get into even more specifics like demi genders and genderfaun/doe or whatnot, but always take care of yourself please, and let others take care of you too. Hope everything works out for you!