Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I think I'm Asexual?

YellowTea98 April 28th, 2019

I've never had a boyfriend/girlfriend. I'm 21 and I've been single my whole life.

In primary school, there were a few guys that i liked, but I never thought of kissing them or anything. They were fun to hang out with.

In high school, i maybe encountered 1 or 2 guys that I thought were nice looking, and some girls that I wanted to be close to. Sex was never on my mind. My friends were all going crazy over boy bands and actors and such, and I never really felt it. I was more concerned with sport and my classes.

At Uni, I had my first proper crush. I wanted to be with him all the time, just to talk to him and be in his company. I liked cuddling with him. But I never thought of sex or kissing. If I tried to imagine it I just felt uncomfortable.

Since then, I've seen maybe 2 or 3 guys that I thought were handsome/pretty, and one or two girls that gave me shivers, but I seriously can't even imagine sex with them. Sex seems gross/weird.

It wasn't til last year that I heard of asexuality. It seemed to fit. I can imagine cuddles and romantic mushy stuff with a partner, but the sex part seems....unnecessary? Like it's a bit silly.

I'm not really sure 100% but ace seems to fit. Asexual, but maybe biromantic?

I'm just struggling with how to be ace and find love, how to be fulfilled and how to come out casually if people ask me about it.

Toucandy April 29th, 2019

@YellowTea98 I'm a biromantic asexual, and what you are going through reflects my journey almost exactly. It's okay to not have a label, because it's far more important to make sure you're comfortable. If you are secure and want to label it, go ahead. If you find that asexual isn't the right word, that's okay too. Your sexuality and identity are YOURS, and you can take as long as you want and need to go through this journey. I just hope you are doing well with this.