Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

PL 101: Introduce Yourself! (Discussion 1)

GlenM June 29th, 2020

Welcome to our first course in the Leadership Development Program! I am very excited to get this going. This has been something we've wanted to do for the last several months and at long last it is here. Please find the course description below. Please also introduce yourself and let us (if comfortable) where you are from and a recent book or movie you have enjoyed. I'll get us started!

Course Description: You have personal gifts and strengths that can help you in life and also help other people. Identifying, amplifying, and deliberately building those strengths enables you to have a better personal life, professional life, and also enables you to more effectively serve others in our community. People sometimes make the mistake of focusing too much on their weaknesses. This can help, but deliberately building your strengths will get you much further in life and in your career. This course provides links to personality testing (MBTI, Big 5) where you can learn to identify your personality style and strengths. It helps you understand how to match your strengths to roles in the 7 Cups community and enables you to find a career path that will be fulfilling. Join other new leaders in individual and group learning exercises.

Please note: In order to successfully complete the LDP, you must respond to all discussion posts. Your comment/response should answer the questions/shows that you completed the given activity (if any). Read the post carefully and follow the instructions given. Save your responses to a document that you can later refer to. You will need to copy/paste your response in the course evaluation form at the end of each course to show that you have done the work and to refresh your memory.

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! You must take part in the brainstorming/activities given in all of these posts to successfully complete the program.

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

audienta June 23rd, 2022

@sunnyLion4273

What you say with the tactile book and having to read line by line actually makes sense. However, I think, I'm generally more of an audible person. Maybe that's why audiobooks are easier to me.

audienta June 24th, 2022

@sunnyLion4273

I had the concept of going with the flow and listening to my tiredness before, but the problem with it was that there are other human beings in my life as well as appointments, so it didn't really work that well. What I noticed though is that there was some kind of pattern and that what I created my schedule from.

My next goal is, to figure out a way that I can eat better, healthier stuff without loosing too much energy while preparing it. It's going to be a challenge...

Ninziesss June 14th, 2022

@GlenM

Hello! I'm Nina and I live in the Netherlands.

I recently read the Handmaid's Tale :)

A movie I recently watched is Still Alice

audienta June 21st, 2022

@Ninziesss

Hey Nina, nice to meet you! What is this book about?

Kindhumanity June 15th, 2022

Hello friends, I'm kind, and I'm from Virginia, a book I read recently would be Stephen King's Mr. Mercedes

audienta June 21st, 2022

Hey @Kindhumanity, nice to meet you!

audienta June 20th, 2022

Thank you for enrolling this course @GlenM!

I'm audienta. I've been around on 7 Cups for four and a half years now and have had the opportunity to take up multiple leadership roles during this time. Since I've recently graduated, I now have some spare time that I'd love to invest in improving my leadership style and grow myself.

I live in Switzerland and the last book I read and really love is "The Anthropocene reviewed" by John Green.

kenzolena June 26th, 2022

@GlenM

Heyy I'm Lena, I'm a 16 year old female from the Netherlands, and recently I've been finishing avatar and pirates of the caribean

Sher217 June 27th, 2022

@kenzolena

Hey Lena, it's nice to meet you! I love Pirates of the Caribbean! Which one is your favorite?

~ Sher

kenzolena June 27th, 2022

@Sher217

well I have no idea honestly, also my memory is messing the movies up lol

Sher217 June 28th, 2022

@kenzolena

No worries! They're all good ones 😊

~ Sher

Sher217 June 27th, 2022

@GlenM

Hey everyone!

I’m Sher and I’m from South Carolina (southeast USA).

The last movie I watched was “Tombstone” (1993 edition) It’s a western about Wyatt Earp, and his brothers, surrounding the “O.K. Coral”. ~ Yep, it was the only thing on TV at the time, but still interesting, lol.

[Fun note] I realize this isn’t a typical ‘book’.. but I’m currently reading the phone book. I’m part of a historical preservation group and I’m converting the 1908/1909 Chester County, SC phone book into a searchable database for genealogy researchers.

A real book I’m reading is “The 12 Week Year” by Moran & Lennington. It's about using focus to increase productivity. I’m finding the ideas and approach interesting.

~ Sher

LoveTracker June 27th, 2022

@GlenM

Sher217 June 28th, 2022

@LoveTracker

Hey Warrier,

I like the way your post shows on the screen. I've not seen a post like that before. I like that you can scroll within your original post.

~ Sher

LoveTracker June 28th, 2022

@Sher217

Glad to see ur msg. Thanks dear.

WarmLightXO July 8th, 2022

@LoveTracker

Nice to meet you Warrier! <3

CalmWaves3939 June 27th, 2022

@GlenM

Hiya all! I go by Waves 💜 I'm from England in the UK. The most recent book(s) I enjoyed was the delirium series books. I love reading and have a huge bookcase full of unread books that I can not wait to work through ✨!

Sher217 June 28th, 2022

@CalmWaves3939

Hey Waves,

I'm a fellow book fan. While reading on my phone or tablet is nice when I'm out from home, I still love a real book 😊

~ Sher

@CalmWaves3939

Hi Waves! I'm the same way hehe, nice to meet you <3

magicalOcean594 July 4th, 2022

@GlenM

Hi my name is sara i am from new york!
I am so happy to be taking this leadership class.
My fave book is A girl on a train

@magicalOcean594

Hiya Sara! I haven't read that one :o

Hi hi, I'm Elliot and I'm on a mission to graduate from all 5 Academy Programs :) This is #4, going strong :p I'm currently rereading The Hound of the Baskervilles by Doyle and I love it hehe

SparklingSeashells July 11th, 2022

@GlenM

Hi, I'm Seashells! Really looking forward to doing this programme.

Have recently finished 'Who stole my life' all about a parallel universe a man finds himself in one day...

Aileen1114117 July 11th, 2022

Hi my name is Aileen! I'm so happy to join this program! I'm new here though. But I hope my critical thinking and supportive self can brighten up someone's day here.

sweetnutella December 7th, 2022

@countrygirl1231 that's interesting! Pride and Prejudice is one of the most popular classic literature 🔥 do you have any other recommendations? Would love to hear them!

blissfulTouch29 July 15th, 2022

Hi, My name is Kaitlyn. I am from the United States. I love helping people. I love reading. Some of the books I have read are Wonder, Stargirl, The Acorn People, The Wave, Saduko and the thousand paper cranes, freak the mighty, and to kill a mockingbird are just a few of my favorite books. However, reading isn't easy for me at all and I get frustrated with myself a lot. Some of my favorite movies remember the titans, color of friendship, dr. suess the Lorax, wonder, the greatest showman are just a few of my favorite movies. I live at home with my sister, mom, dad, our dog, and my brother who I miss dearly.

July 19th, 2022

Hi, I'm Liz!

I cannot wait to start this new journey in my listener development and to share my progress with you all. I would love to get to know each and everyone of you, maybe we could even help each other out if we ever became stuck. I look forward to seeing you around. We got this!

💛💛💛💛

July 19th, 2022

@LlamaLizz

Oops I almost forgot 😮, I like to read medical biographies. Currently reading though Unnatural Causes by Dr Richard Shepherd, would 100% recommend if you liked forensic pathology.

@LlamaLizz wow, I happen to be into forensic stuff as well! Is the book you mentioned easy to read though? I'm afraid it might be too medical for me to understand 😭😭

blissfulForest7074 August 2nd, 2022

@GlenM

I'm blissful and I'm excited to be on this program.

I've read 'How to be Win friends and influence people' by Dale Carnegie, and it has become one of my favourite books.

IShiFood August 12th, 2022

@GlenM

Hello! My name is Josh and I am from Singapore. My hobbies include thinking of ideas to better improve the community during my free time!

Nice to meet all of ya!

niceworldmnd August 12th, 2022

@GlenM

Hi. I'm Mandy from Iran .

Xtrem3 August 16th, 2022

@GlenM

Hello there, I'm Xtrem3 I've now been a listener for a pretty long time and thought to take this journey even further with this program which is pretty much why I joined.

My favorite movie is 'the dark knight' mainly due to the character joker in the movie. I don't really think I have 1 favorite book however I'm currently reading 'the definitive book of body language' which is pretty informative and fun.

@Xtrem3 I've read the book you mentioned a while back and it surely is a good one!

August 22nd, 2022

@GlenM

Hi, I'm Heart 😊 and I'm happy to start the program today. One book that I really enjoyed and the last book that I read is "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle.

SirenOfSerenity August 29th, 2022

@GlenM

Please also introduce yourself and let us (if comfortable) where you are from and a recent book or movie you have enjoyed.

Greetings everyone ✨️ It's a privilege to have been accepted into the program! Here at Cups, I'm known as Siren or Serenity 💙 I'm from the Caribbean Islands now residing in the United States. I haven't had time to sit and enjoy a good book or movie recently, but will now make some self-care time to do so!

Here4good74 August 29th, 2022

@GlenM

HI all, I'm Jane. Turning 17 soon. I recently have read 'The Perks of Being a Wall Flower".

And last movie was, 'Instant family'

Strawberrymitts101 August 30th, 2022

@Glen M

Greetings to all members of the 7 cups community ! I come from the Mediterranean region. And the last movie I watched was ^Everything Everywhere All at Once^ My favorite book of all time is ^Alice is Wonderland^ coz down is up and up is down 🙃 For, down the rabbit hole she went.

@ Glen M

sorry the font came out all over the place It's coz i am like in my late 40s and computer skills are sometimes lacking 😊

@ Glen M

I am sorry the font came out all over the place it's because i am like in my late 40s and my computer skills are sometimes lacking 😊