Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

PL 101: Introduce Yourself! (Discussion 1)

GlenM June 29th, 2020

Welcome to our first course in the Leadership Development Program! I am very excited to get this going. This has been something we've wanted to do for the last several months and at long last it is here. Please find the course description below. Please also introduce yourself and let us (if comfortable) where you are from and a recent book or movie you have enjoyed. I'll get us started!

Course Description: You have personal gifts and strengths that can help you in life and also help other people. Identifying, amplifying, and deliberately building those strengths enables you to have a better personal life, professional life, and also enables you to more effectively serve others in our community. People sometimes make the mistake of focusing too much on their weaknesses. This can help, but deliberately building your strengths will get you much further in life and in your career. This course provides links to personality testing (MBTI, Big 5) where you can learn to identify your personality style and strengths. It helps you understand how to match your strengths to roles in the 7 Cups community and enables you to find a career path that will be fulfilling. Join other new leaders in individual and group learning exercises.

Please note: In order to successfully complete the LDP, you must respond to all discussion posts. Your comment/response should answer the questions/shows that you completed the given activity (if any). Read the post carefully and follow the instructions given. Save your responses to a document that you can later refer to. You will need to copy/paste your response in the course evaluation form at the end of each course to show that you have done the work and to refresh your memory.

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! You must take part in the brainstorming/activities given in all of these posts to successfully complete the program.

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

December 7th, 2020

@GlenM

Hi, Iam Mitanshi. You can call me Mishi. I am a 17-year-old happy-go-lucky girl, a psychology student and a fashion and art lover, from Chandigarh, India. I love reading books but, I haven't read any recently.

Ines1229 December 8th, 2020

@GlenM

Hi there, I`m Ines, I`m from Romania but live in the United Kingdom. My favourite book is definitely Looking for Alaska, by John Green. Favourite movies, Girls, Interrupted.

Lovely to meet you all! <3

December 17th, 2020

that is really good film. @Ines1229

LightofWorld December 13th, 2020

@GlenM

Hello you can call me Light! The most recent book Ive read is Mind over Matter(about CBT). I love reading,writing,and thinking.I also enjoy helping others and aspire to be a therapist!

beautifulSeal9714 December 14th, 2020

@GlenM

Hi There! I'm Nelson, I live in India, Gujarat. I just watched Tenet by Christopher Nolan. It has a truly interesting concept and will take some time to truly wrap my mind around the concept :D . Hope you are doing fine. It is nice to meet you :)

December 17th, 2020

I am colorfulcatsofhope but. People called me hope. I really like to read watch films music taking walks and playing sports. I am taking this program help me get better with my skills and. Helping me get the roles I want. One day I hope to be a gobal mod , chatroom mentor and maybe a qm. I just done with sp training and waiting to hear back about rs.

MyNameIsNicole December 17th, 2020

@GlenM

Good day everybody,

My name is Nicole. A book I read recently was "Quit Bugging Me". I read it on Wattpad, but it's being published soon.

It's an amazing fantasy tale that talks about a world where every human has an animal companion that matches their personality.

cuteOrange213 December 18th, 2020

@GlenM

Hey everyone, I am Parvi and I am from Malaysia. A recent movie that I have enjoyed is My Spy. Its storyline is amazing and definitely very funny and I recommend everyone to watch it.

JoeyTribbbiani December 23rd, 2020

Hey @GlenM and all the members of the team.

I go by the name JoeyTribbbiani here and I joined 7 cups back in February 2020. I am a fun-loving person who loves to play online games as well as outdoor sports. I recently got verified and am very excited about this Leadership course and looking forward to taking on some leadership positions and learning from you all and contributing back to the society.

and and at last

How you Doin? :p

iwishuwell December 28th, 2020

@JoeyTribbbiani

Hi , I'm Keren i joined last year at September 2019 and I'm looking forward to this course too

JoeyTribbbiani December 28th, 2020

@iwishuwell

Ahahahahahah Hey, let's complete it together.

specialSnow9454 January 12th, 2021

@JoeyTribbbiani heya, Joey.

JoeyTribbbiani January 12th, 2021

Heya @specialSnow9454😄😄

How you doin?🙈🙈

thelastiger December 23rd, 2020

Hello, it’s Taila. I listen to podcasts on YouTube.

mxmes December 27th, 2020

@GlenM

Hello! I go by Tay, but your free to call me Mx, mxmes, or Mxm. I live in Pennsylvania, in a city that I love. I joined in the month of December 2020, the time that I spent here at 7 cups was wonderful. I love singing, playing the piano & guitar, painting/drawing, reading mangas, and watching YT videos along with Netflix. Meeting new people excites me as making friends that will be there to support me is a great feeling. I have many goals to achieve and I believe I will achieve them in due time~!

IceCream4IceCream January 21st, 2021

@mxmes

@GlenM

Hello! I go by Tay, but your free to call me Mx, mxmes, or Mxm. I live in Pennsylvania, in a city that I love. I joined in the month of December 2020, the time that I spent here at 7 cups was wonderful. I love singing, playing the piano & guitar, painting/drawing, reading mangas, and watching YT videos along with Netflix. Meeting new people excites me as making friends that will be there to support me is a great feeling. I have many goals to achieve and I believe I will achieve them in due time~!

Hello Tay. I love piano, and art as well. <3 I'm so glad to meet you on my 7cups journey.

Also LOL so sorry. I copied your post so I could remember what were talking about but I forgot to delete it before posting my comments #justmethings

mxmes January 21st, 2021

@jovialButterfly6752

Haha, no worries. I see that we have some things in common, it's nice to meet you! ✨

SympatheticStrawberrySmoothie December 28th, 2020

@GlenM

Hi, everyone! I am Lulu, and I'm from Brazil! The most recent book I've read is called "1 out of 10 doctors recommends", which talks about weird healing strategies from the past!

I am looking forward to starting this incredible program! Thank you so much for this opportunity!

GenuineGenuiness December 28th, 2020

Hello ! I go by Geniune here on 7 cups. I joined today and amazed by the outpour of support the communities on here have offered. I believe we will change the world for the better in our own way :) always keep fighting.

@GenuineGenuiness we will change the world,🤘

ouiCherie December 28th, 2020

Hi @GlenM and everyone,

Nice to meet you all. Please call me Chérie

I'd prefer not disclose my whereabouts in public. My apologies.

"Jack of all trades, master of none" expression fits me quite well.

Mainly, I'm a mother, a daughter, a sister, a family and a friend. Other than those, I'm an architect who is walking in many different fields of work along my journey, and ofcourse a part of 7 Cups Community

Recent books

Corporate Law, Crazy Rich Asians, Orange is The New Black, Storm and Silence series by Robert Thier, a Historian turned a Fiction Writer and 7 Cups for The Searching Souls by… well, our beloved 7 Cups Community.

Movie I Have Enjoyed

Just like everything about me, my recent watch list is also quite random and jumping from one after the other to finish them around the same time. "Netflix and chill" is my fav term.

However the request is “movie I have enjoyed”. If i have to pick one...Brave Heart

Voil , Much appreciated for this learning opportunity ❤️ You guys rock!

@ouiCherie hi cherie

ouiCherie January 12th, 2021

@specialSnow9454

Hi Snow 😁

specialSnow9454 January 3rd, 2021

@GlenM

I am Snow ❄️ and I am from India. I love having talks with people and learning about everything.

JoeyTribbbiani January 12th, 2021

@specialSnow9454

Wahahahhahaaa

specialSnow9454 January 13th, 2021

@YourNeighbourhoodsuperhero I am also gald to have you here❤️

BellatheHappyHelper January 14th, 2021

Hey everyone! My name is Bella and I am from Pennsylvania. I just finished watching The Umbrella Academy and I just finished reading 12 Days by Steven Barnes. I am currently re-reading The Great Gatsby and am excited to watch the movie as well.

Thanks for reading, have a lovely day <3

January 17th, 2021

@GlenM

Hi Everyone. I am Mishi, a 17-year-old girl from India, currently studying psychology. I am a fashion and art lover. The recent movie I watched was Mulan. The current book I am reading well basically studying is Psychology.

SirenSymphony21 January 20th, 2021

@GlenM

Hello everyone. I would love to keep my name anonymous but you can call me Maddie. I am from India. My favourite book is "Life is what you make it" by Preeti Shenoy and my favourite movie is an Indian Movie called "What is your Rashee( Word for Zodiac Sign in Hindi)

@Kindstar45

Hello fellow Desi! I haven't read Preeti Shenoy but actually knew her son haha from school. Strange coincidence. What's your Rashee is too cute <3 Glad you're here today!

SirenSymphony21 January 21st, 2021

@jovialButterfly6752

are you a fellow desi too? Nice to meet you too! Who is your favourite character from the 12 girls shown in the movie? And you must read that book! It is a great resource for spreading mental health awareness.

@Kindstar45

Yas i am!! Will check out the book then. Thanks so much for the recommendation. I don't know about my favourite, but my Rashee is Aquarius so probably that one : )

SirenSymphony21 January 21st, 2021

@jovialButterfly6752

You mean sanjana. I like her too. Is your sun sign Aquarius?

@GlenM

Hello everyone! Jovial Butterfly here. I'm an undergraduate student completing my final year of university (which is in London) in my country of residence- India- although I'm an American Citizen.

I can't think of a movie but I love the Star Trek TV series - all of them. I'm currently watching Star Trek: Voyager.

A recent book I enjoyed was the Midnight Library by Matt Haig. It's all about regrets and coming to terms with existence, no matter how difficult it can be.

goldenFriend9335 January 23rd, 2021

@GlenM

Hey glen, sorry for the late reply! Im Alex. I live in Canada and I just finished the first Court of Thorns And Roses book! It was soooo good

FrankCastle12 January 25th, 2021

Hey! I'm frank castle.. I'm from Islamabad, Pakistan.. The last time I watched a movie.. It was The Joker.. Absolutely loved it! And the book i read recently is a comic book named The Punisher : King of New York streets.

Fergie12299 January 25th, 2021

Hey Everyone

Im fergie and have been with 7cups since 2017. I am from Ireland and currently working away from home until later this year. The last movie i watched for about the 100th time was The Goonies and the book that i am currently reading is called Dottir written by Katrin Davidsdottir.

Hope to get to know you all more as the course progresses

GlenM OP January 25th, 2021

Love the goonies! Just watched it with my kids a few weeks ago. Welcome to LDP!

becca2002 January 25th, 2021

Hey Everyone! I'm new to the programme as of 25th of January.. My names Rebecca, or "becca". I live in beautiful Melbourne Australia, a place I love and will never leave. I'm a big marvel fan so the last avengers movie "endgame" was the last movie I was truly glued too. :)