Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

PL 101: Introduce Yourself! (Discussion 1)

GlenM June 29th, 2020

Welcome to our first course in the Leadership Development Program! I am very excited to get this going. This has been something we've wanted to do for the last several months and at long last it is here. Please find the course description below. Please also introduce yourself and let us (if comfortable) where you are from and a recent book or movie you have enjoyed. I'll get us started!

Course Description: You have personal gifts and strengths that can help you in life and also help other people. Identifying, amplifying, and deliberately building those strengths enables you to have a better personal life, professional life, and also enables you to more effectively serve others in our community. People sometimes make the mistake of focusing too much on their weaknesses. This can help, but deliberately building your strengths will get you much further in life and in your career. This course provides links to personality testing (MBTI, Big 5) where you can learn to identify your personality style and strengths. It helps you understand how to match your strengths to roles in the 7 Cups community and enables you to find a career path that will be fulfilling. Join other new leaders in individual and group learning exercises.

Please note: In order to successfully complete the LDP, you must respond to all discussion posts. Your comment/response should answer the questions/shows that you completed the given activity (if any). Read the post carefully and follow the instructions given. Save your responses to a document that you can later refer to. You will need to copy/paste your response in the course evaluation form at the end of each course to show that you have done the work and to refresh your memory.

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! You must take part in the brainstorming/activities given in all of these posts to successfully complete the program.

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

warmLove3625 February 10th, 2021

@onalittlebluecloud

Hey Ashley ! I appreciate your openness and enthusiasm about wanting to help people here,

Lokking forward to completeing this program with you and becoming strong leaders. :)

Good luck!

wanjiku October 1st, 2020

hey, I'm Wanjiku from Kenya. glad to be here.

dancingMoment7201 October 2nd, 2020

Hi, I'm from the UK and I'm watching the Duchess on Netflix right now.

snehag03 October 2nd, 2020

Hi, Im Sneha and I love to play tennis

Ariesheart October 2nd, 2020

Hiya,

I'm a middle aged mum, studying psychology online and working part time. I'm feeling a bit lost. I should have 3 big life worlds to explore but I'm here alone with just a computer for my friend and company.

It's friday night and I never go out unless its to work or jobs. Thats not by choice.

I want to change my life and find a new scene but its really really hard. Life got busy and it seems everyone forgot about me. I just want to be part of the real world again.

Ariesheart October 2nd, 2020

@Ariesheart sorry Im pretty useless at this site and posted in a listener thread. Arrh sorry. Im not a listener yet. Ive thought about it lots. Maybe when I'm a bit stronger.

Meanwhile...thank you all listeners for you care and kindness to others.

fireyseastar97 October 2nd, 2020

Hi I'm fireyseestar97 and I am from Newdfounland Canada and I'm 23 years old. I have been working on overcoming my own struggles with mental health and it has made me want to help others on their jouney too. I am interested in becoming a peer supoprter at a local non profit where I live and I think that 7 cups is an amazing opportunity to help me reach my goal. A book that I have been reading recently is "Building a Life Worth Living," by Marsha Linehan. I find it so comforting to know that such an amazing woman in the field of mental heath such as herself started in a similar way to me. It gives me a lot of hope!

TaranWanderer November 22nd, 2020

@fireyseastar97 I've been really wanting to read that book!! But I can never get enough motivation...but it just sounds so good. Linehan is such an inspiration

Ashvillium October 3rd, 2020

@GlenM

Hey!! I am Ashvillium from India. I am glad to be a part of this beautiful 7cups family and this project. I love a lot of things to do. I love exploring earth as I am a science student. The latest book I read was an "Introduction to environmental Geology" by Edward Keller. I love music as well. I also do photographies and writings in my free time. I hope I complete this program flying colours!!!

Love you all
Ash!

October 6th, 2020

Hi my friends ladies and gentleman,

I am glowingHeart and you can guess who I am or if you are instered to know just go by my username.

I am from Poland, can speak Russian Polish and English. I am married, have little boy, and I couldn't ask for anything more in life. I have two most trusted friends who I have good relationship with. They are also from Poland. I study bible with them.

I've been with 7cups before in 2017 3 years later I came back and I am glad I did.

My hobbies are: reading, writing, meeting people, learning, travelling and doing workouts.

TheGoodFairy October 8th, 2020

Hello, beautiful humans!

I am TheGoodFairy, but you can just call me Fairy (which is incidentally one of the meanings of my offline nickname 😊). My hobbies include reading, writing/journalism, singing, listening to music, and learning different languages! I have also recently taken an interest in Artificial Intelligence which I'm taking a course in right now, so if you have any knowledge regarding that please feel free to enlighten me!

I look forward to working with you all!

YoungMonastic007 October 10th, 2020

@GlenM

Hello everyone. I'm YoungMonastic007 from India. I've recently read this book called, Pulling your own strings by Dr. Wayne Dyer. The name of the book speaks for itself, one of the best reads so far. I suggest everyone read it at least once in their lifetime.

pro21 October 11th, 2020

Greetings everyone,

I finished my school this year, I like to read and I am a Potterhead. I like talking to people and when they smile because of me and I am so thankful to this platform for helping me improvise here.

I am registered by the name of pro21 at 7cups.

Thank you everyone.

generousDiamond35 October 13th, 2020

@GlenM

Hello there,

I am super excited and I am so glad I am a part of this!!

My name is Diamond and I am from India...

I have been reading a book called "The Stars Shine Down" by Sidney Sheldon.. �

Listening here has been a very good experience and I look forward to improve my leadership skills to look out for more opportunities on 7Cups as well as in my professional life..

Thank you!

Sunflower78652 October 13th, 2020

@GlenM

Hiii! My name is Sunflower78652. I probably have this fascination with Sunflowers because of their unique ability to face the sun that marks a new day, a new beginning, and another chance. It also makes me want to look at the positive side of things in my life.

A recent movie I watched was Pretty in Pink. I lovvvveee watching classics..its fun looking at the characters; their personality, fashion, etc. Its all so cool. Recommend me some good ones if you guys like it too.

SofiaT2000 October 23rd, 2020

@Sunflower78652 Hi Sunflower! I love sunflowers too. Their unique ability is truly fascinating and I also love that they're so round and wide. It's the flower of happiness to me <3

Sunflower78652 October 24th, 2020

@SofiaT2000

That's great to hear ❤️❤️

blitheEmbrace27 October 28th, 2020

Sunflowers are my favourite flower, they’re so beautiful! Love the way you see them ❤️ @Sunflower78652

Sunflower78652 October 31st, 2020

@blitheEmbrace27

Aww thank you Embrace ❤️

SofiaT2000 October 23rd, 2020

@GlenM

Hello everyone! I’m Sofia.

I'm glad that I'm here and I really think I earn so many things from 7cups. I like nature and I enjoy studying.

I recently watched the movie TENET, it was very interesting with an unexpected plot and in addition it didn't look like any science fiction I've watched so far. A book that I really liked and recently finished is called ''And then there was none'' by Agatha Christie, it got me thinking and got my attention the whole time I was reading it because of its mystery in content.

Hi Sofia! Nice to meet you. I’ve heard about that book before.. perhaps I should read it one time ❤️@SofiaT2000

TheToadLady November 22nd, 2020

@SofiaT2000

Ginevra962 October 24th, 2020

Hi. I'm Ginevra and I'm from Italy. Nice to meet you all

ListenerKitty October 27th, 2020

@Ginevra962 lovely to meet you!

Asi1 October 26th, 2020

Hello @GlenM

My name is Asi and I'm a student of Mass communication graduating this fall,being a empath helping others were always my main priority so here I am thanks for giving me the opportunity to work with you guys

@Asi1 Lovely to meetcha!

MarissaHope October 26th, 2020

@GlenM

Hey, I'm Marissa. I'm originally from Italy, but I live in Ohio right now. I have been on my 7 cups Journey for 7 months now, and I'm so happy to be apart of the community. I don't read books, but a movie I love right now is the notebook.

@MarissaHope nice to meet you!

Dino12 October 26th, 2020

Hey all! I'm Dino, I'm from Pennsylvania. I am so happy to be here and be a part of the community. I am currently watching manifest and grey's anatomy :)

@Dinoprincess12 wonderful to meet you!

Hello my name is Kitty and I look forward to taking this path with all of you! I'm from Missouri and I tend to watch alot of horror movies so not sure if I should share!

TaranWanderer November 22nd, 2020

@ListenerKitty horror is my favourite genre for movies!! You're always welcome to share if you've seen a good one lately ;)

soulsings October 27th, 2020

Hi there. My name is soulsings and you may have seen me in the Group Chat forums. I cohost some of the 50+ and Mindfulness discussions. I am doing the LDP training to brush up my skills.

I think one of my strengths is the discipline of following a routine. It does not mean every day is the same, but I have things that need to be done and then other things I would like to do. Keeping those in balance leads to success and avoids getting me too distracted and obsessed with my own personal expectations. I do self care, but I avoid self absorption about what is wrong with life. Finding what is right about today relieves me of the suffering about things I cannot change and leads me to contentment with what is.

blitheEmbrace27 October 29th, 2020

Always so great to brush up on skills. Best of luck ❤️@soulsings

kindheartedWords6803 October 28th, 2020

Hello everyone, I'm Evangel from Ghana, I joined 7 cups recently and I have learnt a lot about myself through the listening to others. This community has helped me know my abilities and limitations and I also started my journey to recovery through this sit and I'm happy to do so.

soulsings October 28th, 2020

@kindheartedWords6803 nice to meet you! We are all from planet Earth so we are all from one family.

Hey Everyone! So excited to meet you all!

I would prefer not to say my real name, but I most commonly go by the name of Bli on cups! I also for personal (and trust issues) will not share where I am from!

I’m super excited to be apart of this program, I have recently took on some leadership roles (peer support, room supporter, chatroom moderator and community mentor for depression support) since I am a new leader I really feel this course will be super helpful!

I don’t have a favourite book and I don’t watch a lot of movies or tv (I have a pretty busy schedule!) but my go to sitcom for when I have time or need a pick me up is f•r•i•e•n•d•s. I have seen every episode several times and it never fails to let me down!

JustLikeMellie October 29th, 2020

@GlenM

Hello! My name is Mellie and I have been a part of 7 Cups for a few years now. I am really excited about this new opportunity to frow my listener skills. I believe my strengths include empathy and sympathy.

October 29th, 2020

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for long term listener ?

Thanks

lovelyParadise7651 October 30th, 2020

@GlenM

Hi, I'm Sarah! I'm from Edinburgh and the book I'm reading right now is "This is going to hurt" about the diaries of a junior doctor as I want to become a doctor. 😊

However, a self help book I read that was good is "The 10 minute life coach" by Fiona Harrold.