Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

PL 101: Introduce Yourself! (Discussion 1)

GlenM June 29th, 2020

Welcome to our first course in the Leadership Development Program! I am very excited to get this going. This has been something we've wanted to do for the last several months and at long last it is here. Please find the course description below. Please also introduce yourself and let us (if comfortable) where you are from and a recent book or movie you have enjoyed. I'll get us started!

Course Description: You have personal gifts and strengths that can help you in life and also help other people. Identifying, amplifying, and deliberately building those strengths enables you to have a better personal life, professional life, and also enables you to more effectively serve others in our community. People sometimes make the mistake of focusing too much on their weaknesses. This can help, but deliberately building your strengths will get you much further in life and in your career. This course provides links to personality testing (MBTI, Big 5) where you can learn to identify your personality style and strengths. It helps you understand how to match your strengths to roles in the 7 Cups community and enables you to find a career path that will be fulfilling. Join other new leaders in individual and group learning exercises.

Please note: In order to successfully complete the LDP, you must respond to all discussion posts. Your comment/response should answer the questions/shows that you completed the given activity (if any). Read the post carefully and follow the instructions given. Save your responses to a document that you can later refer to. You will need to copy/paste your response in the course evaluation form at the end of each course to show that you have done the work and to refresh your memory.

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! You must take part in the brainstorming/activities given in all of these posts to successfully complete the program.

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

imurfriend2 July 15th, 2020

Hi everyone I'm jainam. Or @imyourfriend2 .I have been a part of 7 cups for years now but unfortunately my previous google account got hacked and i have to make a new one

I like reading books fictional and personality development ones, i also like photography and videography. I'm very fond of memes (i make some too 😅) and enthusiastic about wildlife!

I absolutely love discuss various topics with others and listening to others views on it too! You can message me anytime if you feel like having a great discussion

☮️♥️

glisteningEyes July 17th, 2020

@imurfriend2

Hey Janiam! it's nice to meet you :)

Beaconx July 15th, 2020

My name is Emmanuel. I'm from Nigeria. Of recent I read a book titled ''Work The System" by Sam Carpenter.

I have not watched any movie of recent though I used to like War Room as my favorite movie.

I like purple color.

@Beaconx

Nice to meet you Emmanuel!

The war room movie sounds like something I need to check out!

softMusic9759 July 16th, 2020

Hello friends!! I just noticed that I had never introduced myself haha, you guys can call me Lea and I'm a teen who has been with 7cups since the beginning of this year! I'm super duper excited to work and learn about all of you guys in this amazing program!

@softMusic9759

Nice to meet you Lea! :)

Traveller8 July 16th, 2020

I am Traveller8, I am getting used to people calling me Trav. Currently living in Mexico City. I like to learn, a lot. I am a reader and a listener. I am happy to be part of this community.

@Traveller8

Hi trav :) what sort of books do you read? any favorites?

supportiveFireworks377 July 16th, 2020

Hello, I am a pre nursing student. I enjoy being able to listen to others.

@supportiveFireworks377

Nice to meet you :)

NorahListens July 16th, 2020

Hello! I'm Norah and I'm 17 years old. I'm from India :)

I recently finished watching all the star wars movies. It was my first time watching, and I love them all!

@miraculousheart9815

Nice to meet you Norah!

That's awesome! I'm also watching the stars wars movies for the first time! it's something i've always wanted to watch but never had time for

SoftAlpaca10 July 16th, 2020

@GlenM

Hello there! I am Soft or Alpaca, I go by both! Iive in the Chicago area. A book that I have recently read was titled 13-Minute [blank] by James Patterson. (I replaced the final word with a blank, but if you are interested in the book it should come up in a search with the rest of the information given!)

@SoftAlpaca10

Hi Alpaca, nice to meet you!

That was thoughtful of you to blank out that word :)

brightPink3614 July 16th, 2020

Hi! I am excited to be here and to help others by listening! I am a college student right now and I hope to one day become a physician, this is an amazing opportunity for me to learn to communicate with others and lend a hand to help someone by listening! I love the beach and am and active reader too!

@brightPink3614

Nice to meet you Pink!

what books do you like reading? what are some of your favorites? :)

lnunique July 17th, 2020

@brightPink3614

We all love beach! Can I know what makes you feel love about beaches.

beautifulBlossom6605 August 6th, 2020

@brightPink3614 Good morning . I took the very first personality test for leadership and I was quite tired while answering the questions. I got confused with the range of "strongly disagree and strongly agree." I see. that my score on jusgementess was 70%x I would like to know if I could take the test again . If you do not know if I can retake the test perhaps you coukd forward my request to someone who coukd help me , I would greatly appreciate thst . I am discerning and ii have the ability to be insightful . I am not bragging on myself I' know I have flaws. But I have had 50+ yrs of therapy and introspection . The following information is to state my case of not being 70% judge-mental . I understand you may not want to read all of my information that I have wrote and there may be absolutely no reason to read it. . Truly yours , My priority in life is to be a source of help and aid to others needs in the same as I help my very own loved ones. loved ones I come from a impoverished abusive childhood with 5 siblings with all different personalities and many different emotional & mental issues AND we are a very very close ( my brothers and sisters) my father was a alcoholic and when I was a very young child he beat my mom but he also quit terrorizing her when I was still a child. 50+ Years ago if you were an alcoholic you were considered a bum and treated with contempt , ridicule & mockery. I fellt great shane surrounding my dads alcoholism. My entire family were outcast and. Discrimated against for most of my young tender years . My siblings and myself were bullied too. The shame was almost unbearable . When alcohol became recognized as a disease it changed my life in so many positive ways , I was a young adult by the time alcoholism was recognized as a diseas. I always loved my father , He neverd used physical means as a way to discipline my siblings and myself. He never Yelled at my siblings or me. I have issues flaws and I admit to them. But at my age me having had a lot of therapy since I was a adolescent I have gained greater compassion . Thank you for your consideration.

g0dzillaisskywalking September 9th, 2020

@brightPink3614 Congrats on the MD. That's a lot of work.

Here's some good career advice for when you start seeing your own pts.

Don't shit on chronic pain patients. Take them seriously. Cause if you don't and one of them stabs you one day because you don't fucking listen, well.. Iin that case you deserve what's coming your way.

Best of luck with your studies!

September 10th, 2020

Good luck with the program .@brightPink3614

SofiaT2000 July 18th, 2020

@GlenM Hello! I'm SofiaT2000 (Sofia) and I'm from Greece! I'm really excited to participate in the leadership development program! The movie that I watched lately after reading the book was "Shutter Island" and I found it really interesting.

rebecca947 September 17th, 2020

@SofiaT2000

Hey, Sofia! Greece is such a beautiful country. Here's a hot debate question: do you prefer the book or the movie? :p (I've never watched or read it, what's it about?)

SofiaT2000 October 23rd, 2020

@rebecca947 Hello Rebecca! Shutter Island is about a marshal who went to an island where there was a psychiatric clinic away from the world because there were only people with serious mental illnesses who had committed serious crimes and looked like a prison. The marshal was there to investigate the mysterious disappearance of a patient, but he seemed to belong there and some strange memories and enigmas made him discover some strange things about this island. The question is ... Was this whole scenario in his mind? You should see it, it's is very interesting and deep! <3

rebecca947 October 23rd, 2020

@SofiaT2000

Hey! Added to my Netflix list- thank you! Sounds super interesting!

positivePumpkin22 July 18th, 2020

@GlenM

Hiii,

I am Hanna, an 18 year old high school graduate. Right now I am preparing for entrace examination to get admission in a medical college. I am excited to be a part of this program and learn new things.

The last new book i read is "Book Thief" by Markus Zusak. It was a good book. i recommend it.

Petrichor2000 July 19th, 2020

@positivePumpkin22

Hello Hanna

Best of luck for your coming examinations

positivePumpkin22 July 19th, 2020

@Petrichor2000

Thank you so muchh

InvaderStitch September 11th, 2020

@positivePumpkin22

I wish you the best of luck getting into medical college! That would be such an awesome opportunity for you!

positivePumpkin22 September 11th, 2020

@InvaderStitch thank youuu.

heartheart

24Help1 July 19th, 2020

@GlenM

Hi! I'm Mary, and I've been a Listener here for over 2 years now. I'm involved in the community and happy to be here!

@24Help1

Maryyyyyyy! <3

darija64 July 19th, 2020

Hello, I'm Darija and I am a new part of your team! I'm a psychology student from Croatia which seeks for an additional knowledge and experience connected to helping others around me. blush My passions include movies, books, science stuff, music and spending time in nature.

@darija64

Hey, Darija! I hope psychology is going well for you- it sounds so interesting! Your passions sound broad and wide, which I can imagine makes your life very interesting! :D Welcome to the cohort <3

JustLikeMellie July 26th, 2020

Good morning! I am Mellie from Chicago. I hope it's not too late to join!

@JustLikeMellie

Hey, Mellie! I hope you found your answer by now? :p

caringPillow11 July 26th, 2020

Hey,I am lucky to be a part of this wonderful platform as a listener.I am a college student as well as soft skilled person. Hope 7cups reaches everyone who wishes to talk.

@caringPillow11

Hey! I'm glad you found 7 Cups too and joined <3 Thanks for the well wishes- you're contributing to it! How aweseom and amazing is that.

herealways27 July 29th, 2020

Hey there everyone! I'm from California and the most recent book I've read is a true cirme one about Israel Keyes. Take care everyone <3

InvaderStitch September 11th, 2020

@herealways27

True Crime is so interesting! I know it's fictional, but my favorite show is Criminal Minds. People say I give them Penelope Garcia vibes and it makes me so proud.

EvelyneRose July 29th, 2020

Hi All! I enjoy reading and tv shows :) Recently started Cursed