Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

PL 101: Introduce Yourself! (Discussion 1)

GlenM June 29th, 2020

Welcome to our first course in the Leadership Development Program! I am very excited to get this going. This has been something we've wanted to do for the last several months and at long last it is here. Please find the course description below. Please also introduce yourself and let us (if comfortable) where you are from and a recent book or movie you have enjoyed. I'll get us started!

Course Description: You have personal gifts and strengths that can help you in life and also help other people. Identifying, amplifying, and deliberately building those strengths enables you to have a better personal life, professional life, and also enables you to more effectively serve others in our community. People sometimes make the mistake of focusing too much on their weaknesses. This can help, but deliberately building your strengths will get you much further in life and in your career. This course provides links to personality testing (MBTI, Big 5) where you can learn to identify your personality style and strengths. It helps you understand how to match your strengths to roles in the 7 Cups community and enables you to find a career path that will be fulfilling. Join other new leaders in individual and group learning exercises.

Please note: In order to successfully complete the LDP, you must respond to all discussion posts. Your comment/response should answer the questions/shows that you completed the given activity (if any). Read the post carefully and follow the instructions given. Save your responses to a document that you can later refer to. You will need to copy/paste your response in the course evaluation form at the end of each course to show that you have done the work and to refresh your memory.

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! You must take part in the brainstorming/activities given in all of these posts to successfully complete the program.

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

Heather225 July 8th, 2020

@LittleBirdie30

I agree! Such a diverse community! Great opportunities to learn from one another!

glisteningEyes July 10th, 2020

@LittleBirdie30

:) It's crazy to me that someone in our Cohort was born and raised in the same town that I was!

July 7th, 2020

@GlenM

Hi I'm Annki from Sweden. I have been a part of this community for 3 months now and I'm amazed how many loving, caring and empathic people there are in here. My only regret is not finding 7 Cups earlierangel

I consider myself a bookworm and one of my recent reads is The Golden Cage by Camilla Lรคckberg. It's the sequel to Wings of Silver and it's very inspiring.

Thank you so much for me being able to a part of this wonderful placeโค

@spectacularSunrise7824

excellent choice in literature!

we're so happy you found us, and that you're going through this program!!

@spectacularSunrise7824

Nice to meet you Annki!

No need to regret it becuause you are here now :)

That book series seems lovely, I will have to give it a read, thank you.

PetiteSouris July 7th, 2020

I'm not enrolled in the class, but it's amazing to see the diversity of our community..

okay you can get back to your class!

โ™ฅ๏ธ

GlenM OP July 9th, 2020

@PetiteSouris thank you stopping by and dropping that nice note of positivity!

@PetiteSouris

That was a kind message :)

generousLove9008 July 7th, 2020

@GlenM

Hi, my name is Ray and I'm from Japan. I recently rewatched Matilda while in quarantine and I remembered what a great movie it is. I loved watching it as a child and the magic never disappeared.

@generousLove9008

hi, Ray! my name is H, and I am the Head of Community. welcome to our course!! can't wait for you to get started!

(also yes, Matilda is pure magic!)

@generousLove9008

Nice to meet you Ray!

Matilda is a classic :)

gentleSoul888 July 7th, 2020

Hello my name is Chris, I am from California, currently finishing up a nursing program, I used 7 cups before to help me through tough times. And now I use it to help other people!

@gentleSoul888

hi, Chris! very inspirational that you were helped here and can spread that support now as a listener.

i hope you get a lot out of this course!

LittleBirdie30 July 8th, 2020

@gentleSoul888 Congratulations on finishing up your program! You're going to be a great nurse!

@gentleSoul888

Nice to meet you Chris!

I used this website for help and then decided 5 years ago to become a listener to be there for others too! :)

Petrichor2000 July 8th, 2020

@GlenM Hello. This is Ni from India.

I have recently watched the Shawshank Redemption and it taught me hope.

I am looking forward to improve my leadership skills. Thank you for providing us this beautiful opportunity.

GlenM OP July 9th, 2020

@Petrichor2000 such a fantastic movie; one of my favorites!

Petrichor2000 July 14th, 2020

@GlenM

I am glad to know that๐Ÿ˜„

@Petrichor2000

Nice to meet you Ni :)

jimnoah July 8th, 2020

Hello, my name here goes by Guardianjimmy and my real name is dukpa from ladakh india. i'm graduated with majoring in finance and managment and work part-time as blogger too, since my tennage year i'm got fascinated by psychology things and want to explore it as hobby and luckily 7cups few days ago, i'm blessed and the mental peace i get by compassionate and being there for people during their need of hour is unmatchable.

GlenM OP July 9th, 2020

@Guardianjimmy I agree with that assessment! Caring for others is one of the most rewarding activities. Glad you are here!

@Guardianjimmy

Nice to meet you dukpa!

That was a beautifully written message :)

Ruchira September 12th, 2020

@Guardianjimmy

Hi, tried to go once to ladak in summer time from Darjaling. But the pass was blocked by snow and we had to return back. Would love to visit your beautiful place someday!

MistyMagic July 8th, 2020

Hey everyone!

I'm Misty, and I am really interested in this course and how to learn and improve.

A film? Mamma Mia! 1 and 2 of course! Imagine me dancing around in the sunshine by the sea, such a feel good movie!

Listening - One Step At A Time!

GlenM OP July 9th, 2020

@MistyMagic what a great gif. I was to go there!

@MistyMagic

Nice to meet you Misty!

Mamma mia movies really do put you in a better mood :)

@MistyMagic

My favorite!

Vintagechoc September 20th, 2020

@MistyMagic

Nice to meet you

Pineapplepuppy56 July 8th, 2020

@GlenM Hi, I'm Anne, really looking forward to developing my leadership skills and finding out more about my personality traits and how I can work on them! I'm from the UK and have been through a lot with mental health so I really wanted to give something back and offer support to members so I love being part of the community!

GlenM OP July 9th, 2020

@Pineapplepuppy56 Welcome and we are happy to have your help!

@Pineapplepuppy56

Nice to meet you Anne! I'm from the South of the UK :)

Grace8402 July 9th, 2020

@GlenM
I am Grace from India.
I just finished reading Mahabharata (Jaya by Devdutt Pattnaik), an ancient Indian epic.
Have a great day, y'all! ฦช(ห˜โŒฃห˜)สƒ

GlenM OP July 9th, 2020

@Grace8402 Hello Grace! Thanks for joining the program :)

Grace8402 July 10th, 2020

@GlenM

Thank you for this opportunity! :)

@Grace8402

Nice to meet you Grace :)

Grace8402 July 11th, 2020

@glisteningEyes

Nice to meet you too! ๐Ÿ˜„

@Grace8402

Welcome. I read the Mahabharata as part of my 8th grade literature class. Very complicated book esp if you have to memorize to be able to answer questions in the exam

Grace8402 September 18th, 2020

@Ruchira

Ahhh! I had it too! That non detail book right? ๐Ÿ˜‚

Erato July 9th, 2020

@GlenM Hello there! I'm sorry if I posted here a bit late.

I'm Erato but I'm widely known as Era c: I used to be an active leader and listener in the community. I had to give up my roles a few months ago and somewhat take a break to prioritize my studies due to my workload being so hard to carry. However, pandemic happened and we're all stuck at home so I thought why not take this opportunity to partake in this program and hone my leadership skills.

I wish I still had more free time to get more involved in the community and continue to do things I used to love on here. I really missed being so passionate about what I do for 7cups. But for now, I'll most likely stick to this program first and just go with the flow and see how it goes.

Anyway, recently, I just finished reading Veronika Decides To Die by Paulo Coelho and it was so good! It has a different perspective on people struggling on mental illness and being admitted in a mental institution.

*shares pizza to everyone* ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ•

GlenM OP July 9th, 2020

@Erato Glad to have you in the program! I just reread the Alchmist. Great author!