Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Course 2: Becoming a 7 Cups Leader - (Discussion #4) What is Triangulation? 3 Steps to Avoiding & Stopping & Take the Oath!

Heather225 August 24th, 2020

Please note: In order to successfully complete Course 2, you must respond to this post. Your comment/response should answer the questions/shows that you completed the given activity (if any). Read the post carefully and follow the instructions given. Save your responses to a document that you can later refer to. You will need to copy/paste your response in the course evaluation form at the end of each course to show that you have done the work and to refresh your memory.
-

What is Triangulation?

Let's call you Person A. Now, you have a problem with Person B and really dont know what to do about it. You go to Person C to discuss it. This is triangulation, when a problem between 2 people comes to involved a 3rd person unnecessarily.

The triangulation process can happen in all relationships. Let's say someone is offended by another user. Triangulation can be very tempting, but it ultimately only ends up negatively impacting all involved. Having clear, calm, and honest conversation is challenging and requires you to overcome your fears, but, when done right, it positively impacts all involved.

At times a person doesn't realize that some words or phrases may seem intimidating to another person.We all come from different backgrounds thus it is important for us to support each other.

Why is triangulation unhelpful?

Because it perpetuates the spread of information, which can be hurtful to those involved. It lends itself to rumor spreading and it takes a private situation between two users and exposes it to more people.

What should you do if someone comes to you for support on something which occurred in the community?

1) Never share the names of another user

2) Never share specific details of a chat with another user

3) If someone wants to share with you, please say this:

"I am sorry this happened! Sounds like a challenging situation. As to avoid triangulation, it would be best for you to practice conflict resolution with that person. If conflict resolution is not possible, please let a community manager know by filing a L-L report. Please do not share this situation with other users as to preserve confidentiality.

Special note: You should avoid triangulation with all other users, including mentors, group mods, peer supporters, mentor leaders and ambassadors. Any time a situation cannot be worked out via conflict resolution, please file a L-L report.

Taking responsibility for our actions: Take the Pledge!

As a listener in our community, it is your responsibility to stop triangulation when you see it or are invited to participate in it. Doing this will keep our community healthy and moving in a positive direction. I challenge you all to take the Avoiding Triangulation Pledge:

"In all of my interactions on 7 Cups, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and a supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumors and misinformation. I will maintain professionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations which do not include me or require my presence."

Signed: Heather225 8//6//20

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! You must take part in the brainstorming/activities given in all of these posts to successfully complete the program.

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

jersey123456 October 24th, 2021

"In all of my interactions on 7 Cups, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and a supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumors and misinformation. I will maintain professionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations which do not include me or require my presence."

Signed: jersey123456 10/24/21

lyricalSea85 November 1st, 2021

@Heather225

Signed: lyricalSea85 11/01/2021

xinyii11 November 9th, 2021

¸.•´*¨`*•✿ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* My Pledge *:・゚✧*:・゚✧✯✿•*`¨*`•.¸✯

In all of my interactions on 7 Cups, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and a supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumors and misinformation. I will maintain professionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations which do not include me or require my presence.

Signed: xinyii11 11/09/2021

Love220 November 18th, 2021

In all of my interactions on 7 Cups, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and a supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumours and misinformation. I will maintain professionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations which do not include me or require my presence.

Signed: Samar19 18/11/2021

DancingHeart4982 December 9th, 2021

@Heather225

Signed: DancingHeart4982 12/9/2021

mikacv December 14th, 2021

@Heather225

Signed: mikacv 12/14/21

DarkPiT23 January 7th, 2022

I will try to stop the spread of rumours, misinformation and toxicity by making it a healthy and a productive conversation where everyone can feel free to involve

Kindwords2000 January 7th, 2022

@Heather225

Signed: Kindwords2000 // 07/01/2022

Listeningstars January 11th, 2022

stoping

Signed: Listeningstars 1//10//22

Gnibellen January 13th, 2022

@Heather225

Signed Gnibellen, 1/13/2022

hopezzy January 13th, 2022

"In all of my interactions on 7 cups, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and a supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumours and misinformation. I will maintain professionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations which do not include me or require my presence."

Signed: //hopezzy//

13/01/22

dudewithaplan January 24th, 2022

Signed: dudewithaplan 24//01//22

00Michelle00 January 26th, 2022

Triangulation Pledge:

In all my interactions on 7 Cups, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and a supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumors and misinformation. I will maintain professionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations that do not include me or require my presence. "

Signed: ministermichelle 01/25/2022

AliveandAlive January 29th, 2022

In all of my interactions on 7 Cups, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and a supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumors and misinformation. I will maintain professionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations which do not include me or require my presence.

Signed: AliveandAlive

Livingtohelplive January 30th, 2022

@Heather225

Signed:

Livingtohelplive

30/1/2022

anjellyna January 30th, 2022

@Heather225

As a listener in our community, it is your responsibility to stop triangulation when you see it or are invited to participate in it. Doing this will keep our community healthy and moving in a positive direction. I challenge you all to take the Avoiding Triangulation Pledge:

Signed: anjellyna 1//30//22

00Michelle00 January 31st, 2022

@anjellyna

In all of my interactions on 7 Cups, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and a supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumors and misinformation. I will maintain professionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations that do not include me or require my presence. "

Signed: ministermichelle 1.30./22

rriyad February 2nd, 2022

@Heather225

Avoiding Triangulation Pledge:

Signed: rriyad

rrretsuko February 5th, 2022

@Heather225

Signed: rrretsuko 2/4/2022

nessa104 February 9th, 2022

@Heather225

In all of my interactions on 7 Cups, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and a supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumors and misinformation. I will maintain professionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations which do not include me or require my presence

nessa104 February 9th, 2022

@Heather225

In all of my interactions on 7 Cups, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and a supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumors and misinformation. I will maintain professionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations which do not include me or require my presence."

Signed: nessa104 2/9/2022

CaringEzra February 10th, 2022

Signed: Estrellitaa 02//10//2022

Zahraa000 February 20th, 2022

“In all of interactions on 7 cups, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumors and misinformation. I will maintain professionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations which do not include me or require my presence."

Signed: Zahraa 20/2/2022

NoelleListens February 25th, 2022

@Heather225

Signed: NoelleListens 2/24/2022

glowingSoul93 February 27th, 2022

Signed: glowingSoul93 2/26/2022

magicmango26 March 20th, 2022

@Heather225

Signed: magic mango :)

magicmango26 March 20th, 2022

@Heather225

Signed: magicmango26 :)

Zarram77 March 24th, 2022

My Triangulation Pledge:

"In all of my interactions on 7 Cups, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and a supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumours and misinformation. I will maintain professionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations which do not include me or require my presence."

Signed: Zarram77 3//24//22

ASilentBunny March 24th, 2022

@Heather225 'In all of my interactions on 7 Cups, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and a supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumors and misinformation. I will maintain professionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations which do not include me or require my presence."

Signed: ASilentBunny 24//3//22

TheRusticMystic74 March 30th, 2022

@Heather225

Signed:Incrediblelistener78 30/03/2022
KBeauty12 March 31st, 2022

@Heather225

"In all of my interactions on 7 Cups, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and a supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumours and misinformation. I will maintain professionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations which do not include me or require my presence."

Signed: KBeauty12 31//3//22

Dan76 April 10th, 2022

Signed Dan76 4/10/2022

Shadowmoonmoon April 19th, 2022

@Heather225 My avoiding Triangulation Pledge:

Signed: Shadowmoonmoon 4/19/2022

Elise849 April 25th, 2022

@Heather225

Signed: Elise849 4/25/2022

MrS7v7n April 25th, 2022

@Heather225

In all of my interactions on 7 Cups, and Life, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and a supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumors and misinformation. I will maintain professionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations which do not include me or require my presence.

Signed: MrS7v7n 4/25/22 April, 25th 2020.

AuroraBriarRose0 April 28th, 2022

@Heather225

Signed: AuroraBriarRose0 04/28/2022

Train1 May 5th, 2022

@Heather225

Signed: @Train1 05/05/20

FrenchMarbles May 8th, 2022

Signed: FrenchMarbles 08/05/2022

GoldenNest2727 May 10th, 2022

Signed: GoldenNest2727 05/10/2022

MelodyoftheOcean May 20th, 2022

@Heather225

Avoiding Triangulation Pledge:

Signed: Ocean, 5/20/2022

💙