Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Course 2: Becoming a 7 Cups Leader - (Discussion #4) What is Triangulation? 3 Steps to Avoiding & Stopping & Take the Oath!

Heather225 August 24th, 2020

Please note: In order to successfully complete Course 2, you must respond to this post. Your comment/response should answer the questions/shows that you completed the given activity (if any). Read the post carefully and follow the instructions given. Save your responses to a document that you can later refer to. You will need to copy/paste your response in the course evaluation form at the end of each course to show that you have done the work and to refresh your memory.
-

What is Triangulation?

Let's call you Person A. Now, you have a problem with Person B and really dont know what to do about it. You go to Person C to discuss it. This is triangulation, when a problem between 2 people comes to involved a 3rd person unnecessarily.

The triangulation process can happen in all relationships. Let's say someone is offended by another user. Triangulation can be very tempting, but it ultimately only ends up negatively impacting all involved. Having clear, calm, and honest conversation is challenging and requires you to overcome your fears, but, when done right, it positively impacts all involved.

At times a person doesn't realize that some words or phrases may seem intimidating to another person.We all come from different backgrounds thus it is important for us to support each other.

Why is triangulation unhelpful?

Because it perpetuates the spread of information, which can be hurtful to those involved. It lends itself to rumor spreading and it takes a private situation between two users and exposes it to more people.

What should you do if someone comes to you for support on something which occurred in the community?

1) Never share the names of another user

2) Never share specific details of a chat with another user

3) If someone wants to share with you, please say this:

"I am sorry this happened! Sounds like a challenging situation. As to avoid triangulation, it would be best for you to practice conflict resolution with that person. If conflict resolution is not possible, please let a community manager know by filing a L-L report. Please do not share this situation with other users as to preserve confidentiality.

Special note: You should avoid triangulation with all other users, including mentors, group mods, peer supporters, mentor leaders and ambassadors. Any time a situation cannot be worked out via conflict resolution, please file a L-L report.

Taking responsibility for our actions: Take the Pledge!

As a listener in our community, it is your responsibility to stop triangulation when you see it or are invited to participate in it. Doing this will keep our community healthy and moving in a positive direction. I challenge you all to take the Avoiding Triangulation Pledge:

"In all of my interactions on 7 Cups, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and a supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumors and misinformation. I will maintain professionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations which do not include me or require my presence."

Signed: Heather225 8//6//20

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! You must take part in the brainstorming/activities given in all of these posts to successfully complete the program.

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

Harsvin May 25th, 2022

@Heather225

"In all of my interactions on 7 Cups, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and a supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumors and misinformation. I will maintain professionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations which do not include me or require my presence."

Signed: Harsvin 5/25/22

May 27th, 2022

Pledge:

goals for life

gentleFox20 June 3rd, 2022

@Heather225

Signed: gentleFox20 3//6//22

audienta June 25th, 2022

@gentleFox20

I wish you all the best with your LDP journey!

Glencia89 June 8th, 2022

@Heather225

In all of my interactions in 7cups, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and a supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumors and misinformation. I will maintain professionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations which do not include me or require my presence.

Signed: Glencia 2022.6.8

audienta June 25th, 2022

@Glencia89

PhoenixTears5972 June 21st, 2022

@Heather225

Signed: PhoenixTears, 21st June , 2021

audienta June 25th, 2022

@PhoenixTears5972

audienta June 25th, 2022

@Heather225

In all of my interactions on 7 Cups, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and a supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumors and misinformation. I will maintain professionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations which do not include me or require my presence.

Signed: audienta 06/25/2022

Glue June 28th, 2022

@Heather225

Signed: Glue 28/06/2022

Ninziesss June 30th, 2022

@Heather225

Signed: Ninziesss /06/30/2022

LoveTracker July 3rd, 2022

@Heather225

Signed: LoveTracker 3//7//22

magicalOcean594 July 7th, 2022

@Heather225

Signed: magicalocean594 7/6/22

CalmWaves3939 July 7th, 2022

@Heather225

"In all of my interactions on 7 Cups, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and a supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumours and misinformation. I will maintain professionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations which do not include me or require my presence."

Signed: CalmWaves3939 07/07/2022

Aileen1114117 July 12th, 2022

"In all of my interactions on 7 cups, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and a supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumors and misinformation. I will maintain proffesionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations which do not include me or require my presence."

Signed: Aileen1114117 12//6//22

SparklingSeashells July 14th, 2022

@Heather225

Signed ~ SparklingSeashells

blissfulTouch29 July 22nd, 2022

Signed: blissfultouch29 7/22/2022

WarmLightXO July 28th, 2022

Signed: WarmLightXO 7/27/2022

kenzolena August 5th, 2022

@Heather225

Signed: Kenzolena 05//08//2022

- Lena

blissfulForest7074 August 9th, 2022

@Heather225

Signed: blissfulForest7074 8/9/2022

StarrrGirl20 August 20th, 2022

@Heather225

Signed: @Starrrgirl20 21/08/22

August 22nd, 2022

@Heather225

In all of my interactions on 7 Cups, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and a supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumors and misinformation. I will maintain professionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations which do not include me or require my presence."

Signed: Helpingheart23 8//22//22

niceworldmnd August 24th, 2022

@Heather225

Signed: niceworldmnd 8//24//22

SirenOfSerenity September 7th, 2022

@Heather225

Avoiding Triangulation Pledge:

Signed: SirenOfSerenity 9//7//22

Here4good74 September 10th, 2022

@Heather225

In all of my interactions on 7 Cups, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and a supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumors and misinformation. I will maintain professionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations which do not include me or require my presence.

Signed: Here4good74 18//9//22

KimByeongIn September 11th, 2022

@Heather225

Signed: KimByeongIn 9/11/22

Mari228 September 14th, 2022

@Heather225

In all of my interactions on 7 Cups, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and a supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumors and misinformation. I will maintain professionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations which do not include me or require my presence."

Signed: Mari228// 9/13/2022

yourbuddy30 October 7th, 2022

@Heather225

Signed: yourbuddy30 07-10-2022

iCareUK October 17th, 2022

@Heather225

"In all of my interactions on 7 Cups, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and a supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumours and misinformation. I will maintain professionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations which do not include me or require my presence."

November 6th, 2022

Triangulation Pledge:

Goalsforlife

CosmicMiracle November 10th, 2022

Triangulation Oath

CosmicMiracle

zareya November 17th, 2022

@Heather225

Signed: Zareya 11/17/22

claj333 December 7th, 2022

@Heather225

Josh3889 December 8th, 2022

@Heather225

Signed: Josh389 12/08/22

iStarlight December 9th, 2022

@Heather225

Signed: iStarlight 12//9//22

Immakindlistener22 December 16th, 2022

@Heather225

Signed: Immakindlistener22 12/16/2022

FrenchMarbles March 7th, 2023

In all of my interactions on 7 Cups, I will work to maintain healthy relationships and a supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumors and misinformation. I will retain professionalism by not involving myself in conversations or situations which do not include me or require my presence.

Signed: FrenchMarbles 03/07/2023

eternalCloud4864 April 3rd, 2023

In all my interactions on 7Cups ,I will work to maintain healthy relationship and supportive environment by stopping the spread of rumors and misinformation.I will maintain professionalism by not involving myself in conversation or situations which do not include me or recquire my presence.

Signed : eternalCloud4864 3//3//2023

Soul576 December 19th, 2023

@Heather225

Signed: Soul576 19/12/2023

WishUponAStar968 February 12th

@Heather225

Signed- WishUponAStar968 date 02/12/2024