Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Are you new to the Leadership Development Program? Introduce yourself here!

Heather225 November 10th, 2020

Learning Is Fun GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Welcome, new students! Whether you're just embarking on your leadership journey here, or taking this course to level up your leadership game, we're so excited to have you!

To start us off...

1. What week did you sign up for?

2. What made you want to sign up?

3. Are you a leader within our community, or are you a brand new leader looking to enter your first role in this course?

4. One fun fact about you!

Welcome GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

We hope you enjoy the program!!

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

@Mik00l

good luck

KristenHR May 2nd

@Heather225

What week did you sign up for?

This week!  April 29, 2024

I think that adding to my skills and strengths is a great thing.  I'm already in leadership, but being able to increase my leadership skills is important for myself and those that I interact with as a leader.

3. Are you a leader within our community, or are you a brand new leader looking to enter your first role in this course?

I'm already a leader.

I love to write, and am working on writing a book/workbook that is on eating disorder recovery and trauma.

Mahad2804 May 3rd

Heya @KristenHR 💖

We're so glad to have you here with us at LDP!!! 🥳You're already an awesome leader here at Cups and have dedicated so much time to our community that you're an inspiration for us too!

It's admirable that you're looking to improve your leadership skills🎯and we will try our best to teach you something along the way.

Wishing you all the best with the program and your Cups journey ✨

EmberOfHope May 4th

I signed up to start on the 6th of May.

To learn more about myself as an individual, and making steps towards being a better version of myself and dip my toes into becoming a 7 Cups leader.

I'm brand new, just became a Peer Supporter!

I absolutely adore animals

Mahad2804 May 5th

Hey hey @EmberOfHope 💖 Welcome to LDP ✨ 

It's wonderful to see your determination to learn about yourself and work towards improving yourself as a person and a leader!

We can't wait to see the awesome leader you flourish into and it would be a pleasure for us to accompany you on this learning journey 🎓

We have a team of mentors working around the clock to help you with any problems or address any queries, so feel free to poke any of them! You may also post any questions in the General Queries thread!

Remember, we're all cheering for you here 🎉 so best of luck!!!

EmberOfHope May 5th

@Mahad2804 Thank you!

@Heather225

April 13th 2024!

I found this to be a wonderful opportunity alongside being on the student track  internship. I believe the skills that you gained through this specific program will be useful not only for you as a listener or member on 7 Cups but in your personal life as well!

Looking to enter my first role! So far i have only been a sharing circle host!

Can not think of one haha, will be honest.

Mahad2804 May 11th

Heya @gloomySunshine4673 💖 We're so glad to have you here with us!!!

You're absolutely right, leadership skills are important in just about every aspect of life, not just on 7 Cups. We really hope you enjoy this learning journey ✨

We can wait to see the awesome leader you'll become and we're rooting for you every step of the way 📣

Best of luck with the program👍and if you ever need any help, don't hesitate to poke📌one of our mentors.

Ivy229 May 18th

1. May 20,2024

2. I want to gain knowledge so I can pursue leadership positions at 7 Cups. Also, because it is one of the electives for the 7 Cups Internship; which I am currently in the process of fulfilling. 

3. I am currently on the trial period for being a Room Supporter- Depression. However, I would describe myself as a brand-new leader looking to enter your first role in this course. The main reason is because I don't have a lot of knowledge about leadership position at 7 Cups.

Can't think of anything sorry 
Mahad2804 May 21st

Heya @Ivy229 💖 Welcome to LDP! 🎉

It's awesome that you're diving into leadership and doing the internship at the same time! Being a Room Supporter for the Depression community is a great role to start from, and we're here to help you build up your leadership skills. 🌟

No worries about the fun fact—we all have those days! 😄

If you need anything, our mentors are here for you. Best of luck, and we can't wait to see you shine! ✨
tuffattack May 20th

@Heather225

May 20th!

I decided I want to put in more into the Cups community and hopefully try to improve myself in the process

I am already in a few roles 

Im a Pole Vaulter!

Mahad2804 May 22nd

Hey @tuffattack 💖 Welcome to the LDP! 🎉

I'm so happy to see you progressing in your Cups journey! I still remember the first time you stepped into TL back when you were a newbie!!! (time really does fly lol)

It's great that you want to give back to the Cups community and work on self-improvement. We're excited to have you here!

Already having experience in a few roles will definitely be an asset. 🌟

And pole vaulting is soooo cool!!! I've always been so fascinated by it but never had the courage to try 🏅

If you ever need anything, our mentors are here to help. Best of luck with the program! ✨

@tuffattack

good luck with ldp

@Heather225 Hello! You can call me cloud, I'm 17 and I wanted to start a leadership position because I've really enjoyed being a listener so far and I want to be more involved in the 7 cups community :)

@whimsicalCloud4661

good luck on your journey 

Mahad2804 June 5th

Heya @whimsicalCloud4661 ✨ Welcome to LDP!!!

You're so awesome pawesome for wanting to contribute more to the community from a leadership position 💖 and you've come to the perfect place to get started in that journey!

We can't wait to see you blossom into a truly wonderful leader 🏆 and we'll be here with you every step of the way! If you need any help, feel free to poke one of our amazing mentors and they will be more than happy to assist you!

whattospeak June 10th

@Heather225

Signed up in June 7th, 2024.

I signed up because I want to seek better opportunities. Even though I am still in my first course, I am going through most of the resources so I can become a Leader.

I am brand new; I do not have the role yet.

I have started making content a year ago in Tik Tok Called "MYB" and I am working on making a newsletter project called WNC ( Well New Chronicles ). It is not out yet, but will be soon enough.

Mahad2804 June 12th

Heya @casterDjack ✨ How you doing?

Welcome to LDP!!! We certainly hope you achieve your goal of becoming a better leader through the program and we're here every step of the way to cheer you on as you shine 🎉

Can't wait to see the awesome leader you'll become 💖

Good luck with the Ldp program

whattospeak June 12th

Thanks ✨️✨️

patientShell1003 June 17th

1 june 17 th

2-I want to try to be a leader.

3- I am a new leader

4- I never give up.

@patientShell1003

good luck

Mahad2804 June 19th

Heya @patientShell1003 💖 We're so glad to have you with us here at LDP!!! 

Becoming a skilled and polished leader is the very crux of this program so you're in absolutely the right place for starting your leadership journey. 

And never giving up is a superb quality and it's gonna help you a lot in life and on 7 Cups as well. 

We can't wait to see the awesome leader you'll become and we're here with you every step of the way ✨

Ivebutterfly June 21st

@Heather225

June 24th! 

I would like to build my confidence in leadership and learn more about it. Plus I have been in the community for a while now and haven't felt like I have a role with the other listeners and in the community so I'm hoping that this program will enable me to do that.

I'm looking for my first role still don't know exactly want to choose.

I rescued a hedgehog and he is called Hedgy (I know very creative)

Mahad2804 June 22nd

Heya @Ivebutterfly 💖 Welcome to LDP!!!

We're so honored to be the start of your leadership journey and we can almost guarantee that you'll learn a whole lot of leadership skills and find a great role for yourself. 

We wish you the best of luck 🍀 for the upcoming weeks and we'll be right with you every step of the way! If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to one of our lovely mentors. I promise they don't bite! 

(PS: I have always been fascinated with hedgehogs but they never let me come close to them 😂 How are they as a pet?) 

Ivebutterfly June 22nd

@Mahad2804 They are pretty good as a pet. Mine really loves cat food so will come out and let you stroke him after eating. He'll mainly just lie there and look happy lol. You just can't disturb hedgehogs when they are hibernating otherwise they can hiss at you. 

Cynthialy June 21st

@Heather225 Hi, I am Cynthia. I study psychology at UBC and am very passionate about health, mental wellbeing and knowledge translation

Mahad2804 June 22nd

Heya @Cynthialy 💖 Welcome to LDP!

We're so glad to have you here! It's so amazing that you're already interested in mental health and psychology. This program should build upon your knowledge and skill set then and give you some great tools to improve as a leader.

We wish you the best of luck and we can't wait to see you become an inspiring leader ✨

wishfulForest1871 June 27th

@Heather225

June 24, 2024

To learn more about leadership dynamics

I'm looking to enter a new role and want to develop my leadership skills

I follow the gothic lifestyle 

DreamTouch July 5th

@wishfulForest1871

Welcome to the program! I hope you find the course helpful. We can't wait to see you become an inspiring leader 

ThoughtLight July 1st

I have signed up for the program beginning today, 7/1. I wanted to sign up for the course to not only learn more about leadership but to discover and get to know new aspects about myself. I see this course as having the potential to be beneficial to my 7 Cups career and outside 7 Cups as well. I start college at the end of August, and I think this course will benefit that. I currently hold a few different leadership roles on here, Care Team, Safety Patrol, Verifier and CDM academy mentor. One fun fact about me is, besides being a writer, I'm pretty devoted to the works of Carl Jung and intend to train in Jungian psychotherapy after college. 

DreamTouch July 5th

@ThoughtLight

It's great to hear that you're eager to enhance your leadership skills. Your involvement in various roles already demonstrates your dedication and capability, and I'm sure this course will only add to your growth. Best of luck with the course and your upcoming college journey! 💜

ThoughtLight July 8th

@DreamTouch thank you very much!

alllrightyyyyyy July 1st

@Heather225

@Heather225

1:Monday 1 July, 2024

2:Since I like being in the roles of a leader and I'm an entrepreneur, I'd love to hone my skills and so I could improve in business practices and be better here on 7cups. Since I believe in doing good from the sake of doing it so this is the place.

3:I will be new to leader role.

4:I do pilgrimages every year. Meaning walking route at least 250km in length on foot. Spain

DreamTouch July 5th

@alllrightyyyyyy

Welcome to the program! We can't wait to see you flourish in your new leadership roles. Your annual pilgrimages sound incredible! It must be both a physically and spiritually enriching experience

Damonchandio July 11th

1. 8th July

2. A friend suggested LDP, I think it's a great way to brush up on my leadership qualities

3. I Would love to be a leader after this Programme

4. I love Gaming

Mahad2804 July 16th

Heya @Damonchandio 💖 Welcome to LDP!!!

We agree with your friend 💯, this program is a great way to brush up on your leadership skills.

We're so glad to be accompanying you on the start of your leadership journey and we can't wait to see the awesome leader you'll become! 

Best of luck ✨

Alambo905 July 17th

Heyy Alambo905 here,

1. 17th July 2024

2. Wanted to add onto and develop my existing knowledge and skills.

3. Sparkling brand new 😎.

4. I love Ancient Egyptian aesthetics thanks to R.L. Stine's goosebumps "The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb", Brendan Fraser in "The Mummy", followed by my trip to the dessert 🏜🐫🤓🤓🤓

Mahad2804 July 17th

Heya @Alambo905 💖 Welcome to LDP ✨ 

It's wonderful to see your determination to improve yourself as a person and a leader and add onto your skills!

We can't wait to see the awesome leader you flourish into and it would be a pleasure for us to accompany you on this learning journey 🎓

We have a team of mentors working around the clock to help you with any problems or address any queries, so feel free to poke any of them! You may also post any questions in the General Queries thread!

Remember, we're all cheering for you here 🎉 so best of luck!!!

CaringCompanion22 July 19th

@Heather225

1. 22nd July!

2. I'm currently in my summer holidays and through to expand my skillset as I am otherwise filled with bordem and just endless scrolling on social media T^T

3. Not one yet but looking forward to learning something new! 

4. I'm multilingual-- slowly forgetting phrases in each but still hahaha