Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Are you new to the Leadership Development Program? Introduce yourself here!

Heather225 November 10th, 2020

Learning Is Fun GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Welcome, new students! Whether you're just embarking on your leadership journey here, or taking this course to level up your leadership game, we're so excited to have you!

To start us off...

1. What week did you sign up for?

2. What made you want to sign up?

3. Are you a leader within our community, or are you a brand new leader looking to enter your first role in this course?

4. One fun fact about you!

Welcome GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

We hope you enjoy the program!!

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

FrenchToast November 11th, 2020

1. November 9th!

2. The LDP has helped many from what I have seen and heard. It looked like a fantastic way to amp up your leadership skills and develop professionally.

3. I am already a leader with the community and enjoying my roles every day!

4. Fun fact: I am an open-water scuba diver - so I can dive up to 18 m anywhere in the world! :D

I am excited to be part of the LDP heart

4Jasmine April 15th

@FrenchToast

I am interested in being a listener. How do I go about doing that?

Mahad2804 April 16th

Heya @4Jasmine 💜

I'm sooo very glad that you're interested in joining as a listener and we're so excited to have you be a part of the team!!! 

Here's the link you can use to sign up as a listener: https://www.7cups.com/listener/become-a-volunteer-listener.php

4Jasmine April 17th

@Mahad2804

Thank you for the link. Have a wonderful day!😄

hopebeyondpain November 11th, 2020

9th November!

I really want to learn to be a better leader both on 7Cups and outside of 7Cups. I especially wanted to learn effective communication and engagement skills in order to better serve this community. I really look forward to learning more about what being a leader on 7Cups means and how I can work on becoming a better leader!

3. Are you a leader within our community, or are you a brand new leader looking to enter your first role in this course?

I am a sharing circle host, and a discussion leader. I'm also hoping to take on more roles through the course of this program, and continue helping to make the listener community on 7Cups more suppportive and encouraging place

I am notoriously good at getting lost, but I have a very good sense of direction. Which basically means I confidently wander off without remembering to tell anybody :-P

Dinohorus November 12th, 2020

1. I signed up for November 9th.

2. I am interested in servitude through leadership. I have loved being a part of the 7Cups community as it allows me to focus my listening skills into helping others. I feel that through leadership roles, I can continue to pursue my goals of helping others.

3. I am seeking my first leadership roles through this process.

4. Fun fact: I have a pet goat, her name is Bambi! :)

kdsyahirah November 13th, 2020

1) 9th November

2) I have been yearning to improve polish my skills in a leadership program and it is hard to join any program since this pandemic.

3) I have such a sharp and delicate words.It depends on the person which one he/she would like to hear

Babu05 November 13th, 2020

To start us off...

1. November 9

2. i havehad anxiety and need some one to talk to about them

3. im new

4. i like math.

Destiny00 November 21st, 2020

1- Nov 9th

2- I really loved my journey over here, it was a complete rollercoaster and it gave me the much valuable lessons and experiences which not only helps me here but also in my personal life. I see this as an opportunity to develop my personality, thus thought to try .

3- I am a peer supporter and room supporter for general community room and healthy living.

4- A fun fact about me is, I love my pillow a lot and named him eros :p

LoveTracker November 25th, 2020

@Heather225

Got signed in on Nov23.

Always I adore leadership qualities. Moreover I myself have been the same few a times. Hence would want to try my best in here as well.

Am brand new leader.

I write scripts for films.

GlitteringNights November 25th, 2020

@Heather225

23rd November!

I would love to know how to best support more people. LDP looks like such a well developed way to develop leadership and other skills and I think that could be really valuable in my life.

I'm a Forum Supporter for the Anxiety Community, and part of the Needs Reply Team already! But I'm absolutely looking for more roles, if I can find some that suit me :)

I'm always terrible at choosing a fun fact, but here goes: I'm training to dance ballet professionally, and if everything turns out as hoped and worked for, I would love to be involved in making the ballet community a more diverse and representative place, particularly for the LGBTQ+ community and people of colour (of which I am both)

bestBraveheart57 November 30th, 2020

@Heather225

The week of November 30th

I developing compassion for my inner critic through supporting friend on 7 Cups. Gain some tools for managing emotions and what to do when felt exhausted. My compassion also transfer for improving communication between me and mom. As someone who felt broken and unworthy now i felt enough and lighthearted. I start wanting to keep improving myself and my personality for increasing relationship quality with family and loved one. And now, i think i have bit bravery to take higher responsibility for community or teamwork. I am grateful for how 7 Cups impacting my life. I sign up for preparation of taking role on 7 Cups as my gratitude and form of continuing my growth.

I am brand new leader.

I once volunteering as Indonesian translator

I am complex person, and able to surprise love one with new skill.

thehealingmaat December 2nd, 2020

Hello everyone, I am TheHealingMAAT!

I signed up on December 2, 2020.

I signed up because I wanted to learn more about facilitation skills.

I am a new leader in this community, but I am already a masters degree art therapy/licensed mental health counseling student.

I enjoy running marathons!

HiImInes December 8th, 2020

@Heather225

7th of December, 2020

aiming higher and getting better, in order to ensure I deliver quality here, on 7 Cups :)

I'm already a Peer Supporter.

One fun fact about myself is that I'm never a fun person when I try to be, however everyone finds me hilarious when I'm serious. (Don't get why)

MarissaHope December 19th, 2020

@Heather225

What week did you sign up for? December 14th

2. What made you want to sign up? to grow with my leader skills

3. Are you a leader within our community, or are you a brand new leader looking to enter your first role in this course? I'm already a leader

4. One fun fact about you! I'm a competitive gymnast

Hope December 27th, 2020

Welcome Batch of Dec 28, 2020!

Question: What excites you about leadership?

@ouiCherie
@goldenFriend9335
@Hppinessstar
@mxmes
@JoeyTribbbiani
@iwishuwell
@SympatheticStrawberrySmoothie
@BeigeMoonlight

SympatheticStrawberrySmoothie December 27th, 2020

@Hope

Hi, everyone! I'm Lulu, and I just wanted to say that I am so thankful for this incredible opportunity!

I signed up for the program starting on December 28th! I wanted to join this program because of how valuable the learning aspect of becoming a leader is. The LDP sounds like a really helpful way to learn more about how we can best help this community, and I'm all for that!

I am currently a Forum Supporter for the "Around the World" and "Eating Disorders" communities, but I hope to use this program to improve my skills and become a better leader!

A fun fact about me is that I love ants and they are my favourite animal! They are just so cute 🐜❤️!

To answer the question about what excites me the most about leadership, I think there are many things to think about. Besides helping you, as a person, achieve life goals and skills, it is also a group effort. Leadership helps you best cooperate with others in a smooth and constructive way, and that is where ideas a introduced and formalised, and I believe the world needs more of that. So after completing this program I hope to be a better person, fellow listener and, most importantly, part of this incredible community, and that really excites me!

Looking forward to continuing this great program; thank you all so much for introducing such a helpful initiative!

ouiCherie December 27th, 2020

Hi @Hope 😊

Thank you for the warm welcome and a brilliant question!

What excites you about leadership?

Because we all are natural-born leaders. Didn’t we cry out loud or express our needs in some ways when we were newborns to lead the grownups to fulfill our needs? So, one of our first leadership skills is to boss around others who could be 10x our sizes if not more 😋

All jokes aside,

It excites me because leadership is an interesting art with many dimensions. Not to boss around others, not about power nor popularity, but a skill to inspire, to motivate ourselves and others to meet a common goal.

At the very least, we are leaders to ourselves. Interestingly, that one is usually the hardest to lead 😁

Last but not least, thank you very much for this learning opportunity ❤️

mxmes December 27th, 2020

@Heather225

1. December 28th.

2. I signed up because I want to better my leadership skills. I want to be able to support the community while being professional. While in this program I can increase my knowledge and skills, I'm glad to be here~!

3. I'm a Sharing Circle host for both members and listeners. I plan to get into more roles while in this program! I also hope to achieve my desired goals.

4. Hm, I can sing & play the piano.

ouiCherie December 28th, 2020

Hi @Heather225

Lovely to meet you 😊 Please call me Chérie.

Here goes the answers:

Somewhere in November 2020. Couldn’t recall the exact date.

I like learning and i want to learn more about leadership

Roles i’m currently taking:

Room Supporter for Depression Support Community

Room Supporter for Healthy Living Support Community

Room Supporter for 35+ & Over Support Community

Peer Supporter

Writer

Editorial Assistant

My blood type is Café au lait

Voila! Thank you for this opportunity❤️

BellatheHappyHelper January 11th, 2021

Hey everyone!

1. What week did you sign up for? week of 1/11/2021

2. What made you want to sign up? I wanted to become a better leader inside and outside the 7 Cups Community

3. Are you a leader within our community, or are you a brand new leader looking to enter your first role in this course? I am working on more leadership roles, i am currently a peer supporter :)

4. One fun fact about you! A fun fact about me is that I am VP of my FBLA-PBL Chapter (soon to be Prez!)

Hey everyone!

2. What made you want to sign up? I wanted to become a better leader inside and outside the 7 Cups Community

3. Are you a leader within our community, or are you a brand new leader looking to enter your first role in this course? I am working on more leadership roles, i am currently a peer supporter :)

4. One fun fact about you! A fun fact about me is that I am VP of my FBLA-PBL Chapter (soon to be Prez!)

Hey everyone!

SirenSymphony21 January 17th, 2021

@Heather225

Hey there. Kindstar45 here. I joined this programme today only for the coming week. The reason why I want to be a leader is that I have got a lot of leadership opportunities but never was able to become a good leader. So I want to learn a few leadership skills.

January 17th, 2021

@Heather225

- 18th January 2021

- I thought that LDP would be a great opportunity to grow and enhance my skills both personally and professionally.

3. Are you a leader within our community, or are you a brand-new leader looking to enter your first role in this course?

- I am a forum supporter for Positivity & Gratitude community looking forward to applying for Peer Supporter role too.

- I love studying natural ways to improve mental and physical health.

heart

SirenSymphony21 January 20th, 2021

@Heather225

1.What week did you sign up for?

A)18th January 2020

A)I have been assigned to be a leader several times in my life but failed to actively participate. So I want to become a better leader.

A)I am a new one

A) I have a good sense of humour :P. I am also a good writer

SirenSymphony21 January 20th, 2021

@Heather225

can someone send me the link to the first chapter? I am unable to find it

IceCream4IceCream January 21st, 2021

1. What week did you sign up for? Jan 18th

2. What made you want to sign up? Personal and Professional development

3. Are you a leader within our community, or are you a brand new leader looking to enter your first role in this course? Perhaps if being a host in sharing circles counts but otherwise, I'm looking to enter my first role.

4. One fun fact about you! I'm currently growing french marigolds, dwarf sunflowers, and coreopsis.

sunlightspirit February 2nd, 2021

To start us off...

February 1, 2021

I love to be a part of doing something good in the world. I enjoy learning all I can and seek out new adventures in my journey of life. I enjoy enspiring and encouraging possibilities in others...

I am a natural born leader throughout life but new to the 7cups community leader roles.

I am a tomboy at heart with a passion for riding motorcycles. I started riding dirt bikes at the age of 8 and bought my first Harley Davidson at the age of 18. I put over 120 thousand miles on my Ultra Classic Dresser that I have had for the past 10 years.

JordanPeraltaa February 7th, 2021

@sunlightspirit

@sunlightspirit

Hello all, I'm Jordan and it's wonderful to meet you all!

I signed up for this on the 1st February 2021.

I have been away from the site for a while but recently came back to make more progress here. It's made me realize just how much I have missed being able to help others and I wanted to further myself on here to provide even more support to others.

I am a completley new leader here looking to find somewhere to make some more positive change.

I am super interested in Science (Physics mainly) and astronomy, as well as being a huge fan of Sci-fi like Star Wars and Star Trek. I own a telescope and I often spend hours out at night in my garden looking at different things in space. It's a very relaxing and humbling activity to participate in and I reccomend everyone to try it :D

sunlightspirit February 7th, 2021

@JordanPeraltaa

I love Star Trek! Huge fan of the original series and movies. Always looking at the stars especially when I get out of the city. I have the Skyview app so I can identify the constellations and watch for meteor showers.

Glad you are back and on the team. I just completed Course 1 & 2 this week. I have also been accepted to the Content Development Program that starts tomorrow, so busy schedule. Never too busy to say hi to a fellow Listener, especially a Trekie fan!

JordanPeraltaa February 8th, 2021

@sunlightspirit

Thank you for the response, was awesome to read!

I had never thought about using technology to help with my stargazing, and it's a great suggestion that I will try as soon as I can!

I love the Original series, but I must admit I have a soft-spot for TNG and Picard, he's my all time favourite Captain.

Thanks for being friendly, and it does sound like you are super busy! I wish you luck in everything, and it'll be cool to get to know another trekkie :)

Banjothebudgie May 2nd, 2021

@sunlightspirit

Hi everyone.

1 May 3 2021

2 I wanted to sign up to gain more leadership understanding and expand my skill base to help others.

3 I host sharing circles.

4 I love bikeriding and plan to ride around a big lake near my house next month.

gentleLove04 May 10th, 2021

@sunlightspirit Hey I'm new to all of this training stuff! I'm LaCayla. Is there anyone that can help me manage my hours for the training?

TheWonderlandSystem17 February 21st, 2021

1. Feb 22nd 2. I want to become a better leader in the 7 cups community. 3. I host three sharing circles, and I’m looking to become a peer supporter 4. I do horseback riding and sailing :)

windSpirit February 21st, 2021

February 22nd

Generally, I am looking to be a better person and it is one way of. Not generally, I want to be a leader to be more helpful for other people.

Not a leader yet. And yeah, looking for a role.

Likes potato juice

wonderfulKermitKaTy February 23rd, 2021

1) Feb 22

2) I wanted to learn and improve my leadership qualities as they are very important skill set for people to have. LDP is a great place for me to start. It helps me to develop the required skill set and get an experience.

3) I am new, so it will be the 1st time.

4) I prefer cold to warm. :)

Excited to learn LDP with all of you. All the best to everyone.

Jili February 28th, 2021

March 1st!

To learn more about leadership

Yes, currently a leader within the 7cups community

I love reading

Sunisshiningandsoareyou February 28th, 2021

@Heather225

Thanks for the welcome ♥️

March 1st, 2021

I've heard some good things about the program and would like to learn more about leadership and develop and improve upon leadership qualities and help serve the community better.

Yes, I am a leader within the community, but there's always a room for improvement and better opportunities.

I love reading / learning about zodiac signs and personality types .

Looking forward to the program , Hello and best wishes to my fellow students ♥️

March 2nd, 2021

@Heather225

- 1st March heart

- I've been wanting to focus on the programs offered by 7 cups as I think that they can help one gain a sense of structure and professionalism. heart

- I am a new leader looking for my first role. My focus is on becoming a Peer Supporter and a Forum Supporter for Positivity & Gratitude Community. heart

- I want to be a life coach heart