Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Join the One Line A Day Journaling Challenge

SoulfullyAButterfly March 30th, 2023

one-line-a-day-post_1680204970.png

It might not seem like much, but putting pen to paper and writing down our thoughts and feelings can do wonders for our well-being. When we journal, we create a safe and private space where we can express ourselves freely and without judgment. This can be especially helpful if we find it hard to share our feelings with others.

Journaling also helps us gain clarity and perspective on our thoughts and emotions. We can identify patterns in our thinking and behavior, which can help us recognize triggers and make positive changes in our lives.

It can also be a powerful tool to manage stress, anxiety, and other mental health challenges. By writing down our worries and concerns, we can release some of the tension we're carrying around and feel more at ease.

7 Cups has recently launched a Journals & Diaries community and we’re kicking off the launch with a fun challenge you can join!

To start and maintain a journaling practice, we are launching a One Line A Day Challenge, where you are invited to journal only one line a day, for 1 month (or more!). Here’s how to join in:

1. Subscribe to the Journals & Diaries subcommunity at 7 Cups by clicking “Join”.

2. Consider taking the Flourishing Assessment before you begin the challenge to get a sense of how well you are thriving. This free assessment helps you get insight on your strengths too!

3. Click the “One Line A Day” topic on the right-hand side of the Journals & Diaries community homepage. Create a thread for your journaling journey. An example thread is “SoulfullyAButterfly’s One Line A Day Thread”. You can mention your starting date and any other requests you would like (such as whether you prefer people only read or are ok to get supportive replies) in your first post.

4. Feeling stuck? We will also create daily journaling prompt threads under the “One Line A Day” topic/section to help you reflect on different things. While this is optional, you can use the prompts for inspiration and can respond under those threads (feel welcome to copy the prompt/response) onto your own thread if you feel like having everything in one place!

An additional feature 7 Cups offers is your private journal and timeline. To view it, feel welcome to click here.

Will you be joining the One Line A Day Challenge? Let us know below and tag other users you think may enjoy this!

gregariousBunny4035 March 30th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I will definitely take part in this. What a great idea!

Gettingbettertoday March 30th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I can't find the Journals & Diaries subcommunity. I tried searching the forums and didn't find such a group.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou March 30th, 2023

Hey @Gettingbettertoday, technically we currently are in that sub community! You can join/ subscribe and find more forum posts within the sub community here: https://www.7cups.com/home/journal/.

compassionateOak202 March 30th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

sounds fun! I might give it a try. So after the 1st day entry, we add the next entry under the same thread we originally started from?

SoulfullyAButterfly OP March 30th, 2023

@compassionateOak202 Yes! That is correct

ScorpiaD March 30th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I would definitely be interested. I even took the Flourishing Assessment.

SunShineAlwaysGrateful March 30th, 2023

Yes I’d love to join !! 💕💕💕💕💕💕🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌💕💕💕💕💕🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌💕💕💕💕🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

walkalot March 31st, 2023

I like this idea. Going to try it.

HealingTalk March 31st, 2023

nulla-dies-sine-linea-art-scale-2-00x-gigapixel_1680225980.jpg
WorkingitThrough2 March 31st, 2023

I like this idea. Not sure I understand how it works🤔, but I want to be apart of it.

SoulfullyAButterfly OP March 31st, 2023

@WorkingitThrough2 feel welcome to PM me any questions!

seashell145 March 31st, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

This makes me feel better about my already existing progress in journaling.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou April 1st, 2023

Way to go, youu, @seashell145 💛

seashell145 April 2nd, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thank you Sunisshining!

Dallady March 31st, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Please link the subcommunity or give more clear directions on how to access it for those new or on a phone.

NightingaleListens March 31st, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly I love the idea! 😀💙

Patricia2listen April 1st, 2023

I would take part in this too.

gregariousBunny4035 April 1st, 2023

I am new to 7cups and still trying to figure out how it works here. Trying to navigate the whole site.

Can someone explain how I find the one line a day journal? I am kind of lost here.

SoulfullyAButterfly OP April 1st, 2023

@gregariousBunny4035 Welcome Bunny, you can start your own One Line A Day Thread by clicking here you can also explore prompts by clicking One Line A Day as the topic to filter out. Please feel welcome to message me with any questions.

gregariousBunny4035 April 1st, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Many thanks!

Crazybus2 April 1st, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly YES

adaptableOcean4193 April 2nd, 2023

great idea! im in!!!

RainbowRosie April 3rd, 2023

Hi,

This looks interesting…will certainly look into this further to see what it’s all about 😀

🌹

doeji April 3rd, 2023

I like this idea. I don't know that I could commit to just one line....I can get pretty wordy haha but I definitely would like to try. I think it's a really good way to get your thoughts out there without there being a huge pressure to fill a full page.
And I guess if you have more to say, you can follow up with it some place else.

SoulfullyAButterfly OP April 4th, 2023

@doeji i can relate so have challenged myself also, but the point is writing and so there is no restriction

LostinTranslation90 April 4th, 2023

I really like this idea, I've been meaning to get back into writing a journal so this is perfect - I'm going to do my best to join 😊❤ Thank you for sharing this!

RainbowRosie April 7th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Hi, I’m unsure how to get into the thread and post. Any help appreciated? Thanks 🌹

SoulfullyAButterfly OP April 8th, 2023

@RainbowRosie Hi Rosie, I would love to help! To start a new thread, simply visit the Journal & Diaries community main page here - you will see a Create A New Thread box at the very top, and can name it with any variation you like. After that, you can use your thread to post updates/journaling posts. Feel welcome to PM me with any more questions.

RainbowRosie April 8th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Thank you Soul 🌹

Angelcatcat April 29th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

This sounds like a great challenge how can I participate??

SoulfullyAButterfly OP April 29th, 2023

@Angelcatcat To start a new thread, simply visit the Journal & Diaries community main page here - you will see a Create A New Thread box at the very top, and can name it with any variation you like. After that, you can use your thread to post updates/journaling posts. Feel welcome to PM me with any more questions.

WishUponAStar968 May 24th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I would love to join this forum!

Hawaii968

xmoonsie16x0 November 11th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly I'd like to join, if it's not too late. Is there anything I need to do as well; find certain community or anything? (Same someone else comment something like that, I could be mistaken. Lol - Thanks! (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠) 

SoulfullyAButterfly OP November 11th, 2023

@xmoonsie16x0 Hi, it is never late! To start a new thread, simply visit the Journal & Diaries community main page here - you will see a Create A New Thread box at the very top, and can name it with any variation you like. After that, you can use your thread to post updates/journaling posts. For the topic, you can select One Line A Day too. Feel welcome to PM me with any more questions.

ChromaticFinss January 10th

@SoulfullyAButterfly❤

SummerKay2024 July 4th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I would like to take part in this 🙂

SoulfullyAButterfly OP July 7th

@SummerKay2024 awesome! I would love to see your journaling thread - let us know if you need help setting it up

SummerKay2024 July 7th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Thanks 😀 I think I did it 🦋✨️