Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Too many things, so I know it will be long

LovelyPlace4774 May 3rd, 2022

I took a break from 7Cups for a while. I've realized that social media, in general, is sort of amplifying the way I'm feeling. It's making me unproductive, which bothers me. I'm back, because I have to figure things out. I am fine with anyone responding, or no one responding. I think a lot of my sadness is based on thinking I'm not worthy of attention because of lack of likes and responses and I need to get over that, because feeling that way is seriously impacting my mental health.

I have a lot of things going on in my life that I'm having difficulty dealing with. I think I'm going to just number them and talk about each separately.

1. My Job -- It has been horrible since I started it in Dec 2018. People say to just find a new job, but honestly it isn't that easy. I had 2 part time jobs during that time, hoping to move to full time, but I ended up quitting both those jobs. I feel like my current job is my safety net. That being said, I made a decision...while I know I need to quit, I'm not going to, yet. I am going to take a week off and then come back and tell my boss I will only work 20 hours each week. He can get upset, but after he made me an independent contractor, his ability to control how I work went out the window. I want to do other things to make money, like being a courier or some kind of helping aid. Thankfully there are aps out there for all those kinds of gigs. But the problem is that every day at work, I just want to fully quit, not go down to 20 hours a week. I just want to wash my hands of the job and my horrible boss.

2. My sister moving in with my mom -- This is probably one of the more devastating things going on in my life. It's difficult for most people to understand, but my sister is extremely manipulative and just not a nice person. She and I haven't spoken since 2006, for very good reasons. I want to explain without it seeming like I'm insane lol.

so ******for this paragraph there are trigger warnings*****.

In 2000 my brother took his life and my sister, although I know she was grieving, told me that he always hated me, that he never wanted to be around me. I honestly know that this isn't true, but it shows the kind of person my sister is. In 2006, she let my ex-husband know where we were. We had fled to protect my oldest daughter, who had been abused by him and his brother. He didn't know where we were, until my sister told him. She also told my mom that I lied, and my daughter lied, about her being abused and my mom believed her. She then contacted all my exes (I kid you not) and started an "I hate" group about me. Two of my exes told me about it and said they were never going to join. I mean, okay, but why even tell me? lol. She also is into some really dark stuff, like spells and rituals. She's not wiccan. She is someone who just wants to try to ruin everyone else's joy.

End trigger warnings

So, anyway, she's moving in with my mom. My mom has always told me that she loves my sister more than me and I will never be as important to her as my sister. Since my sister is moving in with my mom, I will no longer be able to see my mom. We live in different states, but I won't even be able to go for a visit. I cannot be around my sister and I wouldn't want to put my mom through that negativity. This is a very real sadness for me, but I also think it's anger. Anger that my mom can't see what kind of person she is.

3. My 50th birthday -- I have never cared about age. I always thought you got better as you got older, but now I'm not so sure. I'm not sad to almost be 50. I'm sad that I am not where I should be at 50. Getting divorced in my late 30s made me have to start over like I was a teenager with her first job. It has been difficult to progress and at this age, many people don't want to hire you. But it's not just that, it's that the only person who celebrates with me is my son. I am ignored by everyone else. Sadly, this year he's not going to even be in the state. His paternal grandfather's funeral is on my birthday, so that's where he will be. So, this birthday will be especially sad for me. I have no friends, so I will be celebrating alone and so probably will just forget it.

4. My daughters -- This has been an ongoing sadness for me for a long time. I have 3 daughters, none of whom talk to me. There was an argument with each of them, mostly all ridiculous, and something that people should get over, but they won't talk to me. I have tried reaching out, apologized, tried to start again with them and each refuse. I mean, honestly, one argument was about eggs...yes, eggs! Of course, even though it was about eggs, I embarrassed her, which is why she can't forgive me. So, I don't ever talk about my daughters, because it's sad and painful for me. Because of all this, I deeply regret ever having children, because I am a horrible mom. I never wanted to have regrets, yet, having children is a big one. My son is a godsend, but I feel like I have to walk on eggshells, to try to not upset him, because I worry he will leave me, too. I literally have no one.

5. Health issues -- my health is really poor. I have received really awful medical advice and I cannot change doctors, because I have no health insurance. I am dealing with heart problems, ear problems, weight problems, restless legs, and autoimmune problems. I see a cardiologist who yelled at me for doing aerobics, telling me that I wasn't allowed to exercise, which fueled the weight gain. My general practitioner won't listen to me and just says I have anxiety, which I don't. I'm pretty sure I would know that. I don't have any of the signs of anxiety, like worrying or not being able to sit still, biting my nails, nothing...and regardless, anything for anxiety will fuel the restless legs, and I can't handle that. Having restless legs has really destroyed my life. I talked to my cardiologist about interactions with the anxiety meds I was prescribed (because my GP wouldn't take no for an answer) and he went and yelled at my GP. So, the last appt I had with her, she didn't want to hear me talk, kept cutting me off, actually told me to stop talking. I have an appt coming up with her in 2 weeks and I'm dreading it. But with my health, I feel like I can't do anything, but I need to do something and trying and failing is really harming my self esteem. I am also one of those all or nothing people, so I have to be very careful that I don't do something that will harm my health even more. I asked for help from my doctor, who sent me to a nutritionist, who told me it was about willpower. Well, I have none of that, so I'm not sure what they expect. How do you get willpower if you just don't have it?

Anyway, this is so long. This is what I'm going through, though. It's a lot and often it's too much. I need a break. I need to figure out how to get over things. I need to be able to move on and deal with my anger.

BlueDarkAurora May 3rd, 2022

@LovelyPlace4774 I am glad that you are aware of the fact that your worthiness is not based on likes and comment ^-^ It's not based on anything, you are worthy just as you are and that is enough <3

You are moving forward with what you have, dealing with life and yet not giving up, that just shows how strong you are and I understand being strong all the time is tiring so I am glad you have this space to better manage your emotions and I hope it helps you heal and grow.

It is so difficult to deal with a toxic family member and I am so sorry that you have to go through that. Try to keep your peace and not let words of such people affect you. You know your truth and that's all that matters. Keeping as much distance as you can sounds like a good idea and it's so considerate of you to think about your mother as well.

Happy birthday in advance <3 I feel so proud of you for not letting the bad things in life stop you. You started all over again and it must have taken so much strength, for me that's the biggest achievement. I hope you reach where you want to be in life soon but please be proud of the progress you've made.

98237-Joel-Osteen-Quote-You-may-not-be-where-you-want-to-be-but-you-can.jpg

LovelyPlace4774 OP May 3rd, 2022

@BlueDarkAurora

Thank you so much for your kind words. They did make me teary, but it's something that I really needed. ❤️

BlueDarkAurora May 5th, 2022

@LovelyPlace4774 That is understandable and you deserve to feel loved and appreciated everyday ^-^

tumblr_ppiwl3aq0w1qc4uvwo1_500.png

mytwistedsoul May 3rd, 2022

@LovelyPlace4774 Hey :) Definitely don't let the lack of replies or up votes affect how you see yourself or whether you're worthy of attention or not because you are worthy. This place has changed alot in the time I've been here and tbh - in many ways its much worse than it was but also better. There used to be a bad troll problem in the forums and now with the latest changes they've made - Idk. Its just changed - the people have changed and there isn't as much reaching out to one another like there used to be. It's alittle disappointing tbh

I'm sorry you're dealing with so much right now. Your sister sounds like a real piece of work and the things that she put you and your daughters through - the danger and all the lies. I can understand why you would feel sad and angry. Sad for the loss of one relationship and anger at what caused that loss and that she's blind to what your sister does. She sounds like someone who isn't happy unless she's making other people miserable

You took the first steps by reaching out and apologizing. You wanted to start fresh and they refused. That's on them - but I know it wouldn't make it hurt any less. I have to say - I don't think your a bad parent though. A bad parent wouldn't have left to keep their children safe - that makes you a good parent in my book

Maybe you and your son could still talk on your birthday? Make plans for when he returns - even if its something simple?

Maybe having this thread here - a place to put things down that are on your mind. Writing is therapeutic and it helps to get things out

*leaving a safe gentle hug and sending you good vibes*

LovelyPlace4774 OP May 3rd, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

Thank you 😊. I agree that writing all down helps in a therapeutic way. Sometimes when I write how I'm feeling, I go back and read it and think...wow, that was this or that was that...and it helps me with my future thought processes.

I would like me and my son to talk on my birthday, but because that's when his grandfather's funeral is, I know I can't count on it. But, I think it will be ok. Even though I will be alone for my birthday, it isn't one specific day that means everything. I normally don't do much celebrating, anyway...I guess that the thought of it, at the time, was pretty sad for me.

I appreciate your input.

mytwistedsoul May 4th, 2022

@LovelyPlace4774 Its great that it helps with your thought processes :) I read my stuff back some times and either cringe or wonder wth was I thinking writing that lol

It's ok that it made you sad - I mean I'm sorry it made you sad but I can understand why it would. You're allowed to feel sad. I know it's not the same but maybe on your birthday you can give yourself a hug - that'll be from me and I wish you a happy birthday ❤

barncat May 20th, 2022

@LovelyPlace4774- so good of you to process while you feel your emotions. Welcome back to 7 cups. Sometimes I need to remember each day is an opportunity to start over.,