Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Depression . . .

Snaking9076 April 4th, 2021

Comments are fine.

So for a general me. I used to be the golden child. I have a younger and older sister that act half their age. I have had depression for about four years but last year it hit hard and has been getting worse. I couldn't focus or concentrate. I could understand individual words but putting them together wasn't clicking. My grades took a nosedive from the usual straight A's to F's. I was tired and exhuasted. Talking, smiling, laughing, socializing, eating, moving: All exhuasting. I tried make coffee but gave up ater grabbing the mug. I've had no one to talk to. My parents are very judgmental and straightminded. So fear kept me away. Which led me here . . .

I finally talked to my older sister about my depression. She listened but by tomorrow, she told my mom. Ever since, my mom grew colder towards me and more controlative. Not only that but she always stares and talks to me with disdain in her eyes and voice. She looks at me like I failed her as a daughter. She never mentions my depression on a serious level. She only mentions how she knows. She expects me to be happy but I can't find anything to smile about. Happiness is gone and my mom thinks It's my fault, like I am not trying. Talking has been getting more exhuasting and I'm praying I pass AP chemistry even though I was lost halfway through. I've decided to try to fake my life until I'm out of the house, becuase everything is getting worse the more I show I'm depressed, which makes me more depressed. I don't know how long it'll last, or if I can even do it. I've been grounded about two weeks from my ps4, which used to bring me a sliver of happiness. But I couldn't care to fix my grounding, so why fake it? Fear . . . Of what? I don't know.

gentleEast8898 April 4th, 2021

@Snaking9076 So many parents have a negative, even toxic, reaction to changes in their childrens' lives and the reasons are varied. I'm so sorry for you; my heart aches that you're going through this right now. It may feel like you're alone but you aren't. Friends are here to help you. Even chatting can do a world of good. And there are professionals here as well, if you are feeling in need. Please don't discount your needs and your validity as a caring, sensitive person. The people who make you feel you need to fake who you are, are not the healthiest people. Please don't let them cause you to disbelieve in yourself. And you have done a wonderful thing in coming here and sharing. That's what we're all here for. All the very best wishes; sending the warmest thoughts your way.

Snaking9076 OP April 4th, 2021

@gentleEast8898'

thank you heart

gentleEast8898 April 6th, 2021

@Snaking9076 :) Keep being you.

barncat April 5th, 2021

@Snaking9076- oh my heavens. So sorry to hear about your family's lack of understanding and support for your depression. Many people think it is something we can control- when it is not. Hopefully you have some support- possibly through school. Reaching out here is a safe space. There are many who know the impact depression has on life. Have you considered simply telling your mother that you need professional help to get well? I wish you the best- you are not alone in this situation.

Snaking9076 OP April 13th, 2021

@barncat

My mom actually sugguested going to see a therapist, but I said no. I might've said yes, but her tone was aggressive judgmental. It's like when she'll ask why I'm being this way, but her tone says she'll bash me no matter what I say. (verbally) Honestly, it's gotten harder to speak to my parents. The more I fall, the harder they kick. they want reason, but all my reason are excuses to them.