Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

The Power of Self-Awareness: How Well Do You Know Yourself?

exquisiteGrace9695 August 24th

Self-awareness is one of the foundational elements in the IDG framework, particularly under the "Being" dimension. It involves a deep understanding of your own thoughts, feelings, and desires, and how they influence your behavior. This skill is crucial not just for personal growth but also for navigating complex social and professional environments.

Reflecting on our own strengths and weaknesses can be uncomfortable, yet it's essential for developing a realistic self-image. By being in reflective contact with ourselves, we can better regulate our emotions, make more informed decisions, and lead with authenticity.

Time for questions:

1. How do you practice self-awareness in your daily life? Are there any specific techniques or tools you use to reflect on your thoughts and behaviors?
  2. Can you share an experience where enhanced self-awareness positively impacted a personal or professional situation?
Hermionetps August 25th

@exquisiteGrace9695  that was unique fun and interesting

Ashen4 September 8th

@exquisiteGrace9695

In response to prompt 2, I feel like there's actually a very common prompt that always comes up in interviews—many jobs will ask, "what do you consider one of your weaknesses?" as many jobs also recognize that self-awareness is a highly valuable skill. Having taken the time to reflect on this question, I was able to answer with a realistic weakness of mine (sometimes being so eager to talk and relate to someone else that there isn't enough room for somebody else to speak) without overly putting myself down.