Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Self awareness

Meenakshi29 July 8th

Self awareness 

This term self awareness which simple means being aware of your own self....  Self which is you... So how well we are aware of ourselves..... 

Our behavior 

Our thoughts 

Our needs and desires 

Our strength and weakness 

Our triggers and coping method 

These are just few aspects of ourselves.... And many of us are so unaware of these.. We don't know actually ourselves completely and sad part is we don't try and even if we somehow got  little aware of our own self we avoid it.... Because being aware of your own self comes with accepting and improving and it's difficult for many us to do that..... 

But being aware of your own self can actually help us in our life because we know what works for us and what's not..... So we should include things which helps us to know ourselves.... 

So i would love to know how many of you are actually aware of your own true self and there are few activities which can help us to know oneself in a better way.. For me journaling works best 😌 ... 

Let me know yours 😁

Have a great week 😌

July 24th

@Meenakshi29

Self-awareness is beneficial to our growth. It is ever so important. This was a great reminder to be aware of my behavior, thoughts, words, etc. 

MellowMusic July 24th

@Meenakshi29

I definitely agree with you! It used to make me uncomfortable being self aware at times but I've learned that growth only comes after self-acceptance.

Meenakshi29 OP July 24th

So glad to hear that ☺ yess before we walk for growth we need to stop and accep that I am enough to go on this path no need to change well improvement is good but change is not... Self acceptance is really important ☺

CreativeKombucha July 25th

@Meenakshi29

I did not start becoming more self-aware of my any of these things until I reached young adulthood. It was only when a late relative did some role plays with me that I understood.

Maslow July 27th

@Meenakshi29 Running is mine

Angelanj July 29th

@Meenakshi29 What a great post! I usually try to develop self awareness by engaging in self introspection and practicing mindfulness through things like meditation.

mia0davis July 29th

In fact, selfawareness is different for everyone. For example, I know for myself that I need to devote more time to health and sports.  Now I have started to do this. I try to do everything possible for my own well-being. I always find time for quality exercise, try to eat right and take care of my health. Recently, I discovered something new and, let's say, an alternative to the usual gym workouts. This resource  https://betterme.world/articles/walking-6-miles-a-day/ has some very good information on how you can maintain and improve your health through simple walking. Now this activity for me has also become a meditation and support for my health.

@Meenakshi29

I gain self awareness through journaling, just like you. I gain awareness of my thoughts and behaviors by doing this. It helps me tract my negative and positive thoughts that arise when doing a task or when facing a situation.

Anooshay September 11th

@Meenakshi29 Being self-aware entails being aware of your actions, ideas, needs, vulnerabilities, strengths, and coping mechanisms. The difficulties involved in self-examination deter a lot of people from doing it. But self-awareness enables us to recognize what suits and doesn't suit us. Journaling works well for me in this regard. 😊 How do you investigate your self-awareness?