Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Translation Project 2021

SoulfullyAButterfly March 3rd, 2021

Hi everyone!

We have a new translations project structure in place for all translation efforts in 2021!

Here is an overview:

1. Interested in being a translator? Translators are fluent in their languages and are dedicated to help globalize 7 Cups. Translators are now welcome to apply to language projects who have leaders who will help coordinate the translation efforts. Currently, we have the following language options: Malay, Russian, Romanian, Hindi, Greek, Korean, Chinese, French (CA) (Simplified) Arabic, Japanese, and Hebrew. You can join these translation teams by viewing the application here.

2. Interested but fluent in other languages? Consider being a translation project leader! See below for the main efforts/requirements translation project leaders bring to the projects. We are looking for project leaders in the following language(s): French, but you can apply for other languages as well - apply through the same form above.

3. Your application will be processed and you will be added to the translation project. Translators will be on a Trial for 2 weeks of activity to show their commitment, after which they will receive the Translator badge which allows access to the translation team chatrooms. The Trial will be automatically tracked.

4. Your translation team leader will be the point of contact for team goals, other information, as well as any communication such as about breaks etc.

5. Be part of the globalization effort and after the project is finished, you have the chance to receive certification for your efforts!

Note August 2021: You are now allowed to apply to projects despite them not having a leader/an active lead but we will still consider applications for Translation Project Leaders if interested.

Overview for Translation Project Leaders:

1. 100% fluent in their respective languages.

2. Proactively available to help coordinate translation efforts.

3. Ready to set goals for the team.

4. Help track translation efforts, give shoutouts, track monthly progress.

5. Proofread translations to ensure accuracy and completion.

NityaSpiritualHealer March 3rd, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Am fluent in English and Hindi

And learning French.

Thank you

eeeanja March 18th, 2021

so am i! except hindi.

August 31st, 2021

Hello! I'm fluent in English and Spanish. I'm also learning French.

Sheneedsl0vet00 October 24th, 2023

I speak fluent english and spanish and im also learning french!!

Miku2007 August 19th

@NityaSpiritualHealer cool, je parle très bien Français... Utilisez un langage riche et simple. ou même dans le langage courant, il n’y a aucun problème avec cela bien sûr...

optimisticDay8079 March 3rd, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly where can we apply to other languages?

SoulfullyAButterfly OP March 3rd, 2021

You can consider applying to be a leader for other languages, I want to launch language groups only after we have a leader onboard

optimisticDay8079 March 3rd, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly that would be great, i wouldnt mind leading the portuguese section :)

@optimisticDay8079 great, you can fill the form and select/write down that as your interest.

Meizon March 31st, 2021

@optimisticDay8079

I want to apply too

LilacKalypso9 March 3rd, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly So happy to know that a Translation Project has started this year!

I'm finding an issue with the form linked above. I've added my username, email, and expressed interested in becoming a Project Leader for the Greek language. However, I've not been able to proceed because the form will not allow me to, unless I answer the "Which translation group/language are you interested in joining?" question. I don't speak Malay, Hindi, Russian, or Romanian, so wouldn't it be confusing, considering that I don't want to be in either of those four translation groups? Should I click any random option and make it clear in the next section that I'm not applying for the pre-existing translation groups?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you💜

@LilacKalypso9 Thank you for pointing this out, I fixed the form but I see your application so no worries (you do not need to reapply)

LilacKalypso9 March 3rd, 2021

Awesome! As long as my application will be considered, then there's no worry. Thank you for checking🙏🏽

Berlin2021 March 3rd, 2021

I can speak English and Spanish

SoulfullyAButterfly OP March 12th, 2021

@Berlin2021 Spanish is now available, to apply click here

JoyfulOcean March 3rd, 2021

I am fluent in French with some experience in translation, however I can't take the role of leader. If you ever happen to find a leader or if you just need someone to start translating, feel free to message me

lavande18421 March 3rd, 2021

I am French and bilingual in English.

Nadeer123 March 3rd, 2021

Fluent in Arabic and English

mikastay March 4th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly I'm can talk Malay fluently

cuteOrange213 March 4th, 2021

@ellylove

That's really awesome! Feel free to fill in the form, (and pm me if you would like to).

heart

mvpeng March 5th, 2021

I was a Spanish translator but I haven’t heard anything about this project in a while now. I think that project was done though?

@mvpeng Hi, the project has new items to translate and did not get completed in the past but is at around 86% - want to continue to help? Spanish is now available, to apply click here

mvpeng March 13th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly I would love to help more, I can apply again :)

mvpeng March 13th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly I submitted the form, excited to hear more and be involved again.

pizzabhoi March 8th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly italian and english

SoulfullyAButterfly OP March 14th, 2021

@pizzabhoi Hi there, if interested in being a leader for Italian please fill the form

pizzabhoi May 26th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly how does that work?

sally147 March 10th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Where can I apply? To other languages?

@sally147 Hi, the form has an option to be a leader for other languages and Spanish just got a leader so is a newly available option too!

Zvizgo March 10th, 2021

i am fluent in german and the ex-yugoslawia languages (bosnian, croatian, serbian etc) However i am not sure if i can be a leader because i have a job that sometimes require to much time. If anyone applies as a leader i would really like to help, feel free to message me if something pops up.

11820Read March 12th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Hi, may I ask how heavy the responsibility for this project will be? For instance, how much material each person would need to work on each week?

In addition, would there be any consequence if we join but then we make wrong translations before our work is checked and edited by the group leader?

Thank you in advance.

@11820Read Hi there! The project is very flexible and so you can contribute as much as you can, all we ask is to be active at least once a week or inform your leader for breaks etc. As for translations, you only need to translate what you feel you can accurately translate from the list of untranslated items -- you can also use the group communication forum thread to discuss translations if ever needed

11820Read March 12th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Great! And thank you for taking time to answer my questions. I think I'll give it a try.

March 20th, 2021

@soulfullyAButterfly im good and Arabic and English.

Giichi March 21st, 2021

I'm fluent in Japanese and I can translate to English. I know some basic French as well. I can help translate from Japanese - English if needed. If you have any questions regarding translations or Japanese, please comment down under this post.

SoulfullyAButterfly OP March 21st, 2021

@Giichi Hi there, you can join the Japanese team by applying by the form linked above

Giichi March 21st, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly I've posted a form, and hopefully it will get accepted soon ☺️

BoomerLady March 30th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly no italian for the moment? 👀

SoulfullyAButterfly OP March 30th, 2021

@BoomerLady Hi, we have no leader yet

SilverRailey March 31st, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

home langause is arabic.

excellent at frensh end english.