Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

swimming. helped me feel better

helloTree6084 April 20th, 2016

Hobbies do help. I started learning to drive. And the last month, I had something to look forward too.

Now, I am swimming in the evenings. I know my schedule. It's constant, i feel less anxious. Probably thats why I feel at peace.

And I am not disturbed there by anyone. It's almost like reading or listening to music but so much better cuz I am actually doing physical activity. I feel so relaxed after the 1.5hrs of swimming. I walk back to my place smiling and as if I achieved a tiny teeny bit. I don't feel happy. I am definitely happy.

I don't worry.

enlightenedMoment April 20th, 2016

@helloTree6084 i think i should do something similar too. Your post was helpful :)

helloTree6084 OP April 22nd, 2016

@enlightenedMoment yes. Please do.

I am telling you swimming just happened to me. I started as a way to make good use of time. Its a therapy and the lovely part is I don't even put in effort to not worry about other things. I just don't distracted by any thoughts for those 1 or 2 hours.

You find what's good for you too. I really appreciate you sharing those words with me. I am glad I could inspire some1 in the tiniest way :)

Harry53 April 20th, 2016

@helloTree6084 You are doing a great job taking care of yourself. Bravo!

@Harry53 yes, it really is. Thank you sir for saying those words. Swimming is like a gift to myself and one of the best gifts as well. Second to reading books.

I haven't felt more calm, in control, happy with myself like in forever. Those lovely hours- I practically have no other thought either healthy or unhealthy. Ok, That's not entirely true, I do think how far the hour has gone and how much time is left. But, that doesn't distract me at all. And i dont even put in any effort to not think about things. It is just what is happening. That's the thing! It's a therapy.

And boy, am I glad this is happening. :)

SilentSerenityy April 20th, 2016

@helloTree6084

This makes me want to get into swimming again! Thanks for sharing.

@SilentSerenityy I am glad I shared this.

Have a great time swimming! :)

GodsHumbleServant June 8th, 2016

I had a lot on my mind lately. Some personal things that made me very low and the hot weather just made things worse. My mother pushed me into joining her for a swim every morning. At first I objected but when I got into the water, I was so relieved! Secondly, the place where I went, The pool would be mostly empty and I'd have it all to myself. So I started going 4-5 times a week and I was surprised how it helped me. It kept me distracted for a good 2 hours. And my mind was much more calm and relaxed after. Swimming can be therapeutic too! :) I would advise everyone to try it at least once.