Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Playdoh! ( Instructions on how to make can be found here)

HopieRemi May 13th, 2017

Playdoh can be a great coping mechanism for several things ( Like depression, idle thoughts, SH, etc). I know that playing with playdoh gives me something that can get my hands working! But I also know that not everyone has easy access to some good playdoh, so I decided to create a thread that can maybe give you some ideas on how to make playdoh so you can get in on this fun activity!

Here is a video that explains and shows you how to make playdoh

You can click here to see 6 homemade ways to make playdoh. I found some of these pretty interesting because after you're done playing and helping yourself relax, you can eat it since some of them are made with food ( peanut butter)

You can see an easy no-bake playdoh idea here It shows you not only video but photos for each step!

Remember after you have made your playdoh, if you plan on using it again, store it where it won't get hardened! ^^

Feel free to share photos and experiences with playdoh here!

SHEAINTGOTNOSHOES May 22nd, 2017

@BurningEmber

I was absolutely ga-ga for it when I was little, once I passed that stage I went nuts over Silly Putty, now I hold a gemstone or finger worry beads when feeling a bit tense or worried.

HopieRemi OP May 22nd, 2017

@SHEAINTGOTNOSHOES

Worry beads? :O What are those?

@BurningEmber

They can be Greek 'chotki ' beads, made from simple wood to very expensive gemstone ones, you can make a set of your choosing. Or heck you can find an old pair of beads that were worn by someone's granny in the 40s and just finger them, with the chotki that are used as prayer beads, every bead represents one Jesus Prayer. You can also hold a semi precious stone like a pink quartz and just roll it around in your hand. They can be hand for a few bucks especially the smaller ones, sometimes even $ 1.25 a stone.

HopieRemi OP May 22nd, 2017

@SHEAINTGOTNOSHOES

Oooh! Those are pretty!

@BurningEmber

Image result for worry beads

@BurningEmber

Related image

sensitiveShade5337 May 25th, 2017

@BurningEmber

Awesome! will make some for sure! so excited

HopieRemi OP May 25th, 2017

@sensitiveShade5337

Awesome! ^_^ Have fun with it. I am glad that you are excited. If you want, when you are done, post it in here so we can see how it turned out!

@BurningEmber

Sure only if I succeed tho :)

HopieRemi OP May 26th, 2017

@sensitiveShade5337

You will succeed!

SHEAINTGOTNOSHOES May 25th, 2017

@sensitiveShade5337

If you decide not to, there are tons of them from Russia, Greece and even India ( those are called Malas though ), and made here as well by people who belong to the Orthodox church. They can be a simple wood, or an expensive gemstone. I got mine from Etsy and my latest ones are from Ethiopia and got them from Ebay.

@SHEAINTGOTNOSHOES

I was talking about playdoh!

And btw Im greek so I know what that thing you were talking about is :)

SHEAINTGOTNOSHOES May 25th, 2017

@sensitiveShade5337

Oops......my bad. Sorry

@SHEAINTGOTNOSHOES

its okay :)

HopieRemi OP July 27th

@HopieRemi

@Heather225 you upvoting this post brought back memories for me lol

Heather225 July 29th

@HopieRemi

Comm Mod Iris brought it up as a fun game and here we are 😂