Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Painting takes me into a calmer world

SunflowerAnxiety January 30th, 2020

I read a lot about art therapy so I started painting few years ago. I paint landscape and nature and lately I started painting flowers. I love getting lost in paint and colors. It calms me down. Specially when I paint seascape, the blue colored sky and the blue colored sea do wonders to my state of mind.

Flowingstreams February 4th, 2020

@SunflowerAnxiety

Thanks so much for sharing! That is really wonderful! Just reading your post made me smile and feel calmer. And thank you for the reminder. I like to paint too, but havent in a long time. It does feel so wonderful to get lost in time and savor every moment. I really love the color of the ocean, sky and sand too. Its so calming. I like to take pictures of flowers, streams, and trees too. There is so much beauty in nature. Happy painting!

moonchild29 February 29th, 2020

I do art therapy too. Not really painting as I usually just use easy, available tools (like only pencil/pen and papers lol). It works a wonder indeed. I love landscape the most too, although I draw other things as well sometimes. My current display pic is a sketch I drew last month.

I'd love to see your paintings! :)

Flowingstreams March 1st, 2020

@moonchild29

Wow! Your drawing is ammmmaaaazinnngggg! You are truly talented! Hope you keep it up! Hope to see more of your amazing artwork! As for me.... lol.. a bit shy..... Thanks so much for sharing! πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŽ¨πŸŽ¨

moonchild29 March 8th, 2020

@Flowingstreams Thank you blush unfortunately I don't draw that often at all ^^" but when I do, it calms me down. It takes hours to draw and lots of practice to improve, so don't worry and don't be shy. Just do it and you'll get better with practice.

Flowingstreams March 9th, 2020

@moonchild29 thanks so much for your encouragement! I do enjoy drawing and would like to practice more often. It seems to stop time and I feel really peaceful. Thanks again for your kind words 😊 Happy drawing everyone!🎨

MysticSerendipity March 1st, 2020

( I miss Bob Ross alot and his painting shows. He was sooo calm and serene and at times funny, alwats positive and smiling and made the whole learning experiemce so magically pleasant and relaxing... )

Flowingstreams March 1st, 2020

@MysticSerendipity

Me too! I used to stare at his paintings and just be blown away by what he would create on a canvas... Here's to Bob Ross! Love this one!

MysticSerendipity March 1st, 2020

@Flowingstreams

He lives forever, he created his own Edens while entertaining and teaching us in flowing natural movements, in a few moments of bliss...the gods know how to call the good ones to them, we the lay ones remain with emtyness, melancholy and yearning...

kindStrings3073 March 8th, 2020

If you have Netflix (well, in the UK), a lot of his shows are available to stream.

Flowingstreams March 9th, 2020

@kindStrings3073

Thanks so much! Good to know! smiley

DanniGirl1205 December 6th, 2020

I started painting miniature plaster casts when I was in my 20's. I graduated to full canvases about 3 years ago. I agree that it takes you to another world. I turn on my record player and paint for hours. There isn't much else to do with COVID and a ton of snow. It's been a great escape from being a mom and a wife for about 3 hours. It cuts the static. I paint everything from nature to old cars and even people sometimes.

JustAPerson13 December 20th, 2020

I love painting also, it's really calming to just see the colors and feel the brushes!! I also like drawing mythical creatures 😁