Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Painting Miniatures

Galasong1684 January 28th, 2020

Painting and assembling miniatures gives me peace. I play 40k and D&D, so I have a few miniatures :)

MattyGUK83 January 30th, 2020

@Galasong1684 I find after a hard day at work, when things are getting ontop of me nothing beats sitting down to completely disconnect from the world, headphones in listening to music and painting my Ad Mech. It has helped me through years of depression and hard times.

Although it's really hard at the moment as I now have a 6 month old girl, all my stuff is in the loft and the extra pressures of having her is making things worse. But when i do manage to find a few minutes a month to paint it still has the same effect.

What armies do you play?

Galasong1684 OP January 30th, 2020

@MattyGUK83

I play nurgle and death guard. I'm a strange cookie that thinks they are cute and formidable.

I have two kids so I know that struggle. It does get easier to have time for yourself as they get older. I started slowly by having a single model on a paint handle and my paint stuff in a tool box so I could paint at nap times, when they were entertained, or asleep for the night. It was hard at first. Really hard, but it got so much better as time went on. Now, my spouse and kids all paint miniatures and enjoy doing the geek thing :)

MattyGUK83 January 30th, 2020

@Galasong1684 Heresy! lol.

That sounds cool that you can all hobby together. I'm looking forward to having that little bit extra time to get back into it. We do play an occasional boardgame but it's not the same as meeting up with firends and purging the xenos and heretic.