Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

woodworking, cars, the forest...

WoodsWanderer April 16th

I'm a tomboy.  Always have been.  Most of my interests are decidedly masculine.  Probably some deep psychological reason for it, but also they're fun!  Before my Great Fall, I had not one, but 2 garages to mess with my projects in.  Slowly rebuilding my life, and I would rather have a workshop/garage than a nice house, in all honesty.

Anyone out there like bushcraft?  Classic cars?  Nailing one thing to another?  😄

CJHere2Help April 16th

@WoodsWanderer

Hello! I love cars and building stuff. I have a 1969 Mustang and a supercharged Dodge Charger. I'm currently building an extension on my garage, I'd like to be able to fit a lift in there. What are some of your favorite cars?

WoodsWanderer OP April 16th

@CJHere2Help oh, the 69 Mustang is one of my all time favorites.  Could never choose between it and the 71.  Very nice.  I always wanted a CJ7.  A 1979 followed me home in 2019.  I don't actually know much mechanic stuff, so I figured fix up a Jeep, and that'll cover a lot of basics.  Sadly... that was late 2019.  Poor Jeep got stuck in a pole barn.  I got it a friend inmate, a 78 Dodge Powerwagon.  It runs and drives, and is almost good to go.  It also lives in the pole barn, and one day, I will buy Mr. Sir a proper rodent free place to be.

I was raised Ford, but I like just about all classic cars.  They're all someone's babies, and the smell of dry rot and gasoline kinda calms me.  My mom had a few, and I was more than happy to go out there and polish them up, heat stroke or not.😁

CJHere2Help April 16th

@WoodsWanderer

The CJ7 and Powerwagons are beautiful whips. I was raised on all American cars, but Dodge has always been my favorite. My 1st car was my Charger and I wouldn't trade it for anything. It even got totaled once, and now it's running better than ever. One of my dream antiques is the 1959 Cadillac, it's the pinnacle of 50's car designs. One of my favorite things about antiques is that signature smell you get when you sit in one, smells even better than a brand new car off of the assembly line

@CJHere2Help  If I had a nickel for every car I had, thought was awesome, then let slip by... well, I'd have a stack of 'em.  Small stack. It's really nice you held onto yours.  Love those stories.  59 Caddies, all of them, are a class act.  1959 was a lovely year for American autos.  

Trivia:  I saved up from my little 16 year old grocery store job, back in the day, and bought... a 72  Cadillac hearse.  Yep.  Miss that one.  I guess the caddy was my second, after a 49 Buick Special.  So rare.  I was an idiot.  Now I'm older, still an idiot, and have neither of those vehicles. 😉

CJHere2Help April 16th

@WoodsWanderer

Wow! Those are some sick cars. At least you had the chance to own them, many people never get the chance to own these beauties. Do you have any cars you currently have your eyes on? Anything you may be saving up for or look forward to getting eventually?

@CJHere2Help I'd be happy to get the Dodge totally finished (so very close), and at least get started on that little Jeep.  It's not done well in storage, but I always wanted one, and unless it's a goner, I'm keeping it.  So those 2.  I did pick up a 94 F150 a couple years ago, mostly for hauling stuff.  Last year for the 351 windsor roller block, I believe.  Only a 2wd, tho.  Still, it's got potential, and it sounds pretty.  Love the Ford "burble".  Didn't expect a newer one to have it.

What about yourself?  

CJHere2Help April 16th

@WoodsWanderer

That's dope! I have a 351 windsor in my Mustang. I used to have a truck too, a 2005 Ram 1500. I'm not much of a truck guy but if I ever got one again I'd go with ram. Right now I'm mostly just focusing on modding my Charger and maintaining the Mustang, but I would love to get the 59 caddy one day. They're pricey, but I hope to have one in my garage eventually. My uncle is about to get a 57 Bel Air, another one of my dream cars. Arguably the most iconic 50's automobile

@CJHere2Help that's interesting about your 'stang.  Is it carbed?  57 Chevies used to be all over the place in the car scene.  Gonna have to get yourself some fuzzy dice for it, when you find it.😀 

Yeah, I guess I made it sound like I prefer trucks.  I live in a rural area right now, so needed a truck anyway... and that was the rationalization I made.  

CJHere2Help April 17th

@WoodsWanderer

Yeah, I believe the Stang came with the option of the 351 or the 302. Mine originally had the 302 but the previous owner swapped it out for the 351. And yeah, in rural areas everyone needs a truck haha. I would love a classic Chevy pickup with the wooden bed, those were the most beautiful trucks ever made in my opinion